PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 01:22 PM #1
AJEMT

Need a new tourney gun...

I've shot them all but played with only the ego...wanted to know what everyone else though about what new gun to get.

1. Macdev Droid
2. Ego 08
3. Bob Long Rapper
4. Angel 1 Fly

Been leaning towards the droid...
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2009, 01:26 PM #2
KrazyDrummer
u = < i

Ego would probably the easiest to maintain and most reliable. The droid would probably be the best shooting, the Rapper has a good feel in the hands and I can't stand Angels.... But the you can't go wrong with the first three.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:09 PM #3
jon1985

The field I play at has a CXBL and MXL team. There are players on both teams with each of the guns you listed. Use what is comfy.

PS: I like the ego, and droid.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:51 PM #4
ProtoBOI878
Protoboi up in her' oh!

No eclipse since everyone shoots them now. Go with a vice, get the 4C eyes, virtue OLED, and a CP on/off ASA. You'll be better off with that than any ego. (not hating on egos. love them to death, jst too many people seem to shoot them now)
Old 03-02-2009, 03:06 PM #5
proto001
Insert title

proto001 supports Cereal Killerz 2
proto001 helped look for balloons
proto001 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
get a bob long closer, i love them
Old 03-02-2009, 03:34 PM #6
hehateme2812

i go wit ego especially if ur new to tourney guns they are very easy to clean and take care of. to be honset im not the biggest boblong fan cause of all of there internal hoses and ****. if ur news to tourny guns there not very fun to deal with

Free Agent
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post61917172
Old 03-07-2009, 10:57 PM #7
05daytonaram
DOODOO BROWN MEANS IM PRO

05daytonaram is playing at Living Legends V
05daytonaram owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
05daytonaram owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
05daytonaram is for the Gunfight
05daytonaram has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
05daytonaram has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
05daytonaram has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
theres a reason why every one has egos theyre bad ***
Old 03-07-2009, 11:32 PM #8
LAPP_Michael
Who wants some Lagniappe?

more like loud ***.

Pick up a timmy on the nation for like $300.

You won't be disappointed.

What you think the ego was based on?

Michael E Stawski III
Louisiana Paintball Promotions LLC
Question or suggestion?
paintballtournamenseriesla@yahoo.com
Powered By: Planet Eclipse, Dangerous Power, Air Ups, Furious Paintball SupAir
Old 03-07-2009, 11:40 PM #9
AJEMT

Been doing more and more research and I'm pretty sure I'll be settling on an 07 ego, can find them locally used for like $550. Would prob get a droid if they were the same price, like how they look, and feel more. I swear they both shoot the same though. But money talks and thats a killer price for a pretty ridiculous gun. Thanks for everyones post.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:28 AM #10
W.K.S.
Spool Valve Sensei

W.K.S. has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
W.K.S. is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoBOI878 View Post
No eclipse since everyone shoots them now. Go with a vice, get the 4C eyes, virtue OLED, and a CP on/off ASA. You'll be better off with that than any ego. (not hating on egos. love them to death, jst too many people seem to shoot them now)
do this. or a marq, or a dye. cant go wrong with any of those.

Egos are like payless shoes, when someone uses them you can tell from a mile away what they're using and your always like "oh, it's just an ego."

not saying their quality is bad though.

Last edited by W.K.S. : 03-08-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:56 PM #11
pball0221

why the hell does it matter if everyone shoots them. If they shoot good whats is the problem. I mean some ppl buy guns on popularity but you should really buy them over performance. If a ego shoots better than a g3 but everyone at your field has egos... why the hell would you buy a g3???

The popularity argument is one of the worst that i have ever heard of.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:22 PM #12
AJEMT

Agree...Egos shoot amazing period, better than most. It comes down to price and preference. The popularity of a gun generally resembles how good a gun is anyway. People shoot egos, droids, and DM's based on personal preference of performance and price, not to make a statement at the field. Believe me, if a $200 slg shot like a $1000.00 ego...i would go with the slg, and not care what anyone said.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:15 PM #13
CacknBolls
RYAN GOOD

Annual Supporting Member
CacknBolls plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.K.S. View Post
do this. or a marq, or a dye. cant go wrong with any of those.

Egos are like payless shoes, when someone uses them you can tell from a mile away what they're using and your always like "oh, it's just an ego."

not saying their quality is bad though.
What

Droids are not the easiest guns to tech. If you feel like you know what you are doing with guns and understand them. Go with a Droid. If you are kind of iffy and don't like having to clean your gun after every time you play(even tho you should). Go with an Ego. IMO Droids shoot much nicer than Egos when they are shooting correctly, but if you can't keep the gun shooting correctly than what is the point.

Polar Geo 2.1

Need your tank Hydroed cheap ?? Pm me.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:25 PM #14
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
Quote:
This has got to be the most ignorant thing I have ever read.

There is a good reason many people choose to shoot EGOs. they are the best. PERIOD.
quality, support, consistency. Go with something that is proven to be reliable(EGO), that will have support at events (EGO), tha will never let you down (EGO), and that you don't have to upgrade right off the bat to make it complete (EGO)
Old 03-08-2009, 09:19 PM #15
maddog0409
7-zero-3

maddog0409 supports Team VICIOUS
maddog0409 supports Pev's Paintball
maddog0409 plays in the APPA D5 division
go with the 09 slg. ive i had the money i would buy one in a sec.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:23 PM #16
MarkeyMark
*#732*#

Annual Supporting Member
MarkeyMark is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
MarkeyMark has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MarkeyMark has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
MarkeyMark supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalKitty View Post
This has got to be the most ignorant thing I have ever read.

There is a good reason many people choose to shoot EGOs. they are the best. PERIOD.
quality, support, consistency. Go with something that is proven to be reliable(EGO), that will have support at events (EGO), tha will never let you down (EGO), and that you don't have to upgrade right off the bat to make it complete (EGO)
Your comment is no better lol. Everything that you have just said has been nothing but an opinion. Everyone has there own preference. While many choose to shoot egos many others will choose to shoot dye, angel, macdev, etc. . You cant take any gun today and call it "The best". Simply because the guns today are all designed differently and perform to everyone's needs as they see fit. My own personal opinion about the egos, excellent guns but I feel they are over hyped. Ive been shooting dye guns for 3+ years and not once has their product let me down. People in general dont take care of their gear and thats why their guns end up the way they do.

Back to the topic, any of those choices are good but if you do go with an Angel I can definietly tell you, know what you're doing before you buy one. Keep in mind, do i have a local shop that can fix my angel?, do i have a low pressure tank?, what will i have to buy if I buy an angel?. Because as most people know, if you dont already, angels are not the same as the rest of the guns on the market which is why they are not the number one choice on the market today because they require some special needs. On That note GL.

**VAPOR VENDETTA**
:DODGY: ARMY SUPPORT
HOSTILE TAKEOVER/TOP GUN TEMPO
MURDER INC. PAINTBALL NJ *RIP*
OLD FeedBack (+13/-0):http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=464631
Old 03-09-2009, 12:02 PM #17
W.K.S.
Spool Valve Sensei

W.K.S. has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
W.K.S. is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by CacknBolls View Post
What

Droids are not the easiest guns to tech. If you feel like you know what you are doing with guns and understand them. Go with a Droid. If you are kind of iffy and don't like having to clean your gun after every time you play(even tho you should). Go with an Ego. IMO Droids shoot much nicer than Egos when they are shooting correctly, but if you can't keep the gun shooting correctly than what is the point.
I was just making a playful analogy to their popularity and recognizability.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:15 PM #18
Candyman466

Quote:
Just because ton's of people shoot them it doesn't make it a bad gun, it seems to me that it would mean the opposite, people like to shoot guns that work well every time they play.

I shoot the ego8 with sl8r board/chip/bolt it shoots great probably the best gun that I have ever shot, so if it was me I would go with the ego. They never go down, or at least have a way lower chance of going down because there are really only 3 or 4 O rings that are even being used and worn down, compare that to a matrix and there's 10+ just on the bolt.

Droid's are the best shooting spool valve in my opinion, they shoot just as good as matrix's if not better and they get 250psi per pod which is amazing for spool's. I wouldn't touch the angel, that's just bad news and I have never shot any bob long gear so i have no opinion about that.

It all depends on what you personally like if you want something that will shoot even if you just play with it and toss it in your bag and only clean it once a month then get the ego, if your into cleaning and using lube pretty often and you like the way spool valves shoot then Droid ftw.

Hope this helps
Old 03-09-2009, 12:45 PM #19
nightr1der
The Sarge!!

nightr1der owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ego's are good guns. simple and effective. i however would deffinitly shoot a droid anyday over an ego. i do not like poppit valve guns i have shoot quite a few ego's and i just don't like how they feel. also be very careful buying one used since they are low maintenance guns most of the ones i have seen are not very well taken care of at all. droid's on the other hand tend to be maintained alot better as spool valve guns require more maintenance but shoot so mich smoother. Angel's are a pain in the butt to work on and Bob Long guns are just middle ground imo.

good lick with whatever you choose.
THE FEW. THE PROUD. THE MARINES.
Ollie Lang DM8 for sale
Old 03-09-2009, 01:02 PM #20
Boba Ferret

Boba Ferret is playing at Living Legends III
In my opinion they are all fine guns, it just depends on what you want in the gun. Egos are popular because simply put, they work. I've found though that they tend to have bit more recoil due to the low amount of material in the gun. Angels are also very nicely put together and couple with the magno valve, have amazing eff and no recoil. Droids are super soft in the shot but contain more orings than a standard spool. Bob long anything is similar to the other two poppits so it really depends on what you want, spool or poppit.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:01 PM #21
midman112
Lawd Oh Lawd

midman112 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
midman112 supports Team VICIOUS
midman112 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
midman112 plays in the APPA D4 division
ive owned every gun youve mentioned except for a droid which i have played with a few times though. In my opinion, i would either go with a droid or a bob long marq or vice as nothing i have ever played with has come close to shooting as nice as they have. That being said, if you dont take care of them it is just a matter of time before they go down. Im not an ego hater either btw, i had an 06 and 07 and both were great guns i just prefer the way the droid and marqs shoot over the ego. It all comes down to personal preference and what is most comfortable for you to play with and is on your level in regards to maintence. Ask around at your local field and see if people there will let you play a game or two with their gun and make a decision based on that. Hope this helps bro and gl out there.