Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2009, 08:39 AM #1
zax199
Chimp Fighters of America
 
zax199's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Massachusetts
zax199 is a Supporting Member
Vlocity problems

OK guys need some input. I have a vlocity with the gangstar chip in it. Board and motor are about 1 year old. I put fresh Batteries in and the battery light flashes and it feeds very slow. Put batteries in my backup vlocity and it works fine.

With the light flashing I am not so sure it is the motor. SO what ya think, board, battery, or chip?
__________________
Tiocfaidh Ar La- Our day will come

Chimp Fighters of America
zax199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2009, 12:28 PM #2
MstrKey
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SSM, Ontario, Canada
MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
First I'd check your chip settings. Something in there might be messed up. I know a lot of people have had problems with those chips. If nothing seems out of place, try the chip in your backup vlocity. If the same thing happens then you know it's the chip.

If not, then it could be a burned out motor on the first hopper. Don't put your stock chip in with the bad hopper though, if the motor is bad it can burn out your chip. So keep your one working hopper's parts out of the bad hopper lol. I know because I did that once and ruined two vlocities instead of one

Another problem you may be having is a sensor issue. Sometimes the black covers on the eyes slip and block the signals. I usually suggest you just pull the covers off gently. , then paint the inside of the eye zone black to keep stray light out(especially with a speed feed). The other issue is you may already have stray light causing a problem. Make sure no light is getting up the feed neck.
__________________

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.

Last edited by MstrKey : 03-05-2009 at 12:32 PM.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:38 PM #3
zax199
Chimp Fighters of America
 
zax199's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Massachusetts
zax199 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
First I'd check your chip settings. Something in there might be messed up. I know a lot of people have had problems with those chips. If nothing seems out of place, try the chip in your backup vlocity. If the same thing happens then you know it's the chip.

If not, then it could be a burned out motor on the first hopper. Don't put your stock chip in with the bad hopper though, if the motor is bad it can burn out your chip. So keep your one working hopper's parts out of the bad hopper lol. I know because I did that once and ruined two vlocities instead of one

Another problem you may be having is a sensor issue. Sometimes the black covers on the eyes slip and block the signals. I usually suggest you just pull the covers off gently. , then paint the inside of the eye zone black to keep stray light out(especially with a speed feed). The other issue is you may already have stray light causing a problem. Make sure no light is getting up the feed neck.
Ok will do I have an extra chip from my Jr kicking around I will try that one.I will also check eyes, I have had a speedfeed on it since I bought it, so I dunno if it is the light but worth a shot.
__________________
Tiocfaidh Ar La- Our day will come

Chimp Fighters of America
zax199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:43 PM #4
Vegeta_ss4
 
 
Vegeta_ss4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa,Fl
Vegeta_ss4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Try removing the eye covers and cleaning them and the eyes with alcohol and a q-tip. You will have to tear most of the cotton off the q-tip though to get it to be able to fit up in the eye cover. I have seen this caused buy paint getting into the eye covers. Ans this simple cleaning fixed it right up . Good luck
__________________
***PBN FEEDBACK 193+/ 0-***
Vegeta_ss4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:57 PM #5
zax199
Chimp Fighters of America
 
zax199's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Massachusetts
zax199 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta_ss4 View Post
Try removing the eye covers and cleaning them and the eyes with alcohol and a q-tip. You will have to tear most of the cotton off the q-tip though to get it to be able to fit up in the eye cover. I have seen this caused buy paint getting into the eye covers. Ans this simple cleaning fixed it right up . Good luck
kk I did take a pretty mean gun washing not long before it started acting up heres to hoping thats the problem
__________________
Tiocfaidh Ar La- Our day will come

Chimp Fighters of America
zax199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:19 AM #6
zax199
Chimp Fighters of America
 
zax199's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Massachusetts
zax199 is a Supporting Member
cleaned the eyes and the as it was running I found if I squeezed the hopper it went faster. so I started looking at all the wires, and found a cracked wire coming off the battery harness.... half juice would def explain some of the problem so gonna fix that first.
__________________
Tiocfaidh Ar La- Our day will come

Chimp Fighters of America
zax199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:16 AM #7
cjm555
Some Say...
 
cjm555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Dakota
Annual Supporting Member
cjm555 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
cjm555 supports Team VICIOUS
cjm555 plays in the APPA D4 division
i am having the same problem and the only thing i can come up with is the chip. it still runs slowly but im not sure if it should run 9v or if its more (im in electronics class and only have a power supply...no batteries)
__________________
Old Feedback
cjm555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:21 AM #8
Vegeta_ss4
 
 
Vegeta_ss4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa,Fl
Vegeta_ss4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by zax199 View Post
cleaned the eyes and the as it was running I found if I squeezed the hopper it went faster. so I started looking at all the wires, and found a cracked wire coming off the battery harness.... half juice would def explain some of the problem so gonna fix that first.
that could cause your problem for sure. low voltage will cause all sorts or weird things with vlocitys.
__________________
***PBN FEEDBACK 193+/ 0-***
Vegeta_ss4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:36 AM #9
zax199
Chimp Fighters of America
 
zax199's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Massachusetts
zax199 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta_ss4 View Post
that could cause your problem for sure. low voltage will cause all sorts or weird things with vlocitys.
Ya I am not impressed with the new wire they used in the vlocities, my original has some flex, this stuff is brittle right out of the box.
__________________
Tiocfaidh Ar La- Our day will come

Chimp Fighters of America
zax199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:22 PM #10
MstrKey
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SSM, Ontario, Canada
MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Really, you don't need to pull your hopper apart very often and when you do, you don't need to mess with the wires. Break it in half, clean it and put it together. You don't need to pull the engine out.

As far as dirty eyes.......it can happen although the eyes are separated from the raceway so paint usually doesn't get in there. Take the eye covers right off, if they are deformed cleaning won't help.
__________________

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:52 PM #11
zax199
Chimp Fighters of America
 
zax199's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Massachusetts
zax199 is a Supporting Member
I dont really take it apart the cracked wire is about 1" up from battery connection. there was a bit of paint by the eyes, but I think it is the cracked battery harness thatis the root problem, I will reconncet it and tape it good and see what happens.
__________________
Tiocfaidh Ar La- Our day will come

Chimp Fighters of America
zax199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump