Newtons BIO

The Beginnings:

Team History:

Shockwave and FX Factory (3Man)

DC Devastation (Xball)

Sniper Force (NPPL)

Team NXe (NPPL)

Scottsdale Elevation (USPL)

I’d have to say the madness began in the summer of 2000 living in beautiful panhandle of the United States, Florida. We had a house directly behind Eglin Air Force base with abundant woods hiding us from the military rec center. These woods became our neighborhood paintball field at no cost. We were able to build small bunkers and really got the chance to get into the scenario based paintball as young kids. Our stay lasted for 3 years when my father got stationed at the Pentagon. We moved to Burke, VA 15 min from downtown DC. After getting a chance to adjust to the new life my brother and I found a way to get ourselves 2 fully set up Spyder deluxes’ so the games could begin in the neighbor hood woods. Soon enough we started playing every Sunday handling school and the seasonal sport at the time. The existing population in the neighborhood started noticing our marks made along the river because the game started to get more intense. Our comrades at that time were just getting into the game and just able to afford the basic equipment.
I was then able to interest my father into taking us to legit paintball field to get the chance to play big games against different people. I quickly fell in love with the different formats presented at the local field named Pevs in Leesburg, VA. Around that same time Captain of the old school team Avalanche, Steve Rabackoff started working for Pevs and created a 3 man tournament series. As a family we looked into more competitive side and attempted to play these tournaments. Created a team named shockwave at the end of the year 2002 it consisted of Myself, Dad and either Emerson or Mike Muenster. I played the in a few tournaments in novice division that season and everyone quickly noticed the same three teams winning first through 3rd every time. Teams consisted of Gno Benedicto (currently Infamous) was one team with his family. Justin Rabackoff (currently Russian Legion and DC Evolution) along with Kevin ‘Kali’ Rudolph (currently Russians and DC Evolution) with a friend as the other. And then our team Shockwave. Scuba approached me after one of the events and was interested in developing a team capable of competing on the national level. For the next 6 months we began drilling and practicing on a regular basis every weekend once or twice a week. Soon after beating the local 3 man tournaments we got together and created DC Devastation that would compete in division 3 x-ball in 2003. We nearly missed taking the title that year and just as the season ended I moved again and to a small town of Tucson, AZ. There I quickly met the local team competing in tournaments named Sniper Force and stared playing with them in Division 1 7-man. High school ended and I started attending the University of Arizona majoring in Aerospace engineering. School was demanding and I veered away from paintball for a bit keeping up with school and even attempting the Air Force ROTC. After discontinuing the rotc I again found time and money to start playing again. Sniper Force was still playing so I try’d out again and we continued playing Division 1 7 man. After many successful seasons the team began to get distracted along with the growing economic troubles having an affect. The existing Team NXe began to practice for the up coming season so I saw an opportunity to play competitive near home and continue attending the University as a junior. During the initial practices and tryouts for the team we were presented the opportunity to take the Pittsburg All-Americans spot for the final NPPL event. Practice increased a bit but the seriousness and devotion in each player’s attitude on the field was seen by all. The event was right around the corner and many believe we were not ready to compete at such a level and were looked at as the steady underdogs. We proved ourselves to a point beating a number of the teams but my hopes along with the team were not fully filled. Now for the 2009 season Scottsdale Elevation (Team NXe) will be competing in the newly formed USPL league and look forward with great enthusiasm and passion to compete against the best players and teams in the World.
Cheers
Dirk Newton

RIP Muensy

Last edited by Diggler10 : 03-09-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Diggler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2009, 02:58 PM #2
Westicles

Westicles is a Professional paintball player
beautiful.
Westicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:57 AM #3
Kodiak62
Senior Drill Instructor

Kodiak62 is a Supporting Member
Kodiak62 is a Professional paintball player
Kodiak62 plays in the USPL
Kodiak62 donated to help Peyton Trent
More to come?

Make it so.
Kodiak62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:30 PM #4
Westicles

Westicles is a Professional paintball player
negative. the end.
Westicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:16 PM #5
ArchAngelIon
Based and Positive

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Funny story Mr. Newton.

Early in the semester I was hanging out with Matt Angle at UofA and he got a call from you saying that you would be playing pro. I'm like..... who could be pro in AZ? I didn't want to get Matt in any **** so I kept my mouth shut about it.

The only thing I find valuable, about your species, is the noises you make when you die.

Looking for Classic video games, will trade dollars: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82009777
ArchAngelIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:39 PM #6
Dc Mob
The ONE and ONLY HOT ROD

Dc Mob plays in the PSP
Dc Mob supports Cereal Killerz 2
Dc Mob is playing at Living Legends III
Dc Mob supports Team VICIOUS
what up Dirk. its Ramon(Hot Rod) good luck this year man and congrats. tell dada i said hello!!
D.C. MONST★RS #222
P.A.P. La Familia
http://www.razalife.com

Dc Mob is offline   Reply With Quote