xsv $80
rotor $150

tell which one works best with a EGO8
xCoLLaTeRaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2009, 05:12 PM #2
Mr. Stealthy

Viewloader hoppers work prety good, but are made of really low quality, cheap components. Every viewloader I have ever owned (excluding the revvy) has been extremely prone to shell damage, drive tray damage, motor/gear totally wearing out, etc. There was also a large number of the xsv loaders that had defective clock spring drive cones that would break.
Mr. Stealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:19 PM #3
Ghost Reaper

That's like comparing a Super High End Ferrari to a Fort Fiesta.. NO contest. You will be very happy with the rotor because of the extremely low profile, but both work. The only problem with the XSV is that they are a piece of ****. You end up replacing the internals with the normal ones because the spring breaks. Do a little research into that before buying.. Peace
Ghost Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:30 PM #4
YUMMY_YUM
Copenhagen blunts

YUMMY_YUM supports Team VICIOUS
YUMMY_YUM is for the Gunfight
Rotor by far, no contest situation.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:54 PM #5
bomb_xero
LIKE A BOSS

bomb_xero donated to help Peyton Trent
bomb_xero has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bomb_xero has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
bomb_xero has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
Viewloader hoppers work prety good, but are made of really low quality, cheap components. Every viewloader I have ever owned (excluding the revvy) has been extremely prone to shell damage, drive tray damage, motor/gear totally wearing out, etc. There was also a large number of the xsv loaders that had defective clock spring drive cones that would break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Reaper View Post
That's like comparing a Super High End Ferrari to a Fort Fiesta.. NO contest. You will be very happy with the rotor because of the extremely low profile, but both work. The only problem with the XSV is that they are a piece of ****. You end up replacing the internals with the normal ones because the spring breaks. Do a little research into that before buying.. Peace
the clockspring has been replaced in newer ones with delrin instead of plastic, i bought one new and it has not let me down yet (except when i forgot the batteries at home )

but since i got a prophecy the xsv will most likely be seeing alot more of the gear bag.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:06 AM #6
dimewitamind
"there is no spoon..."

rotor ftw.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:35 AM #7
shooptek

Rotor for sure. As Mr. Stealthy said, Viewloader loaders have a tendency to be complete crap! (At least in terms of construction quality)
Old 03-04-2009, 07:33 PM #8
AbitNutz
UD Flyers Paintball

has been a member for 10 years
I have both a new Rotor and a Vlocity XSV w/virtue board. They both work, the Rotor is stronger, easier to clean, faster...pretty much better over all. HOWEVER! The XSV works more than well enough.....and there is a big price difference. If money is not an issue, absolutely get a Rotor over an XSV. If it is an issue, the XSV works fine. You can likely get an XSV very cheap on eBay. They really do work well.

It does have one freakin' annoying issue...the XSV is really loud. (especially when compared to the very quiet Rotor) It sounds like a garbage disposal. Of course, my marker is popping away and I'm screaming like a little girl when I get hit so I guess I don't notice the noise all that much.
"Dis could be beeg trooble for Moose and Squirrel..." Black, un-milled '04 Excalibur, assembled & tuned by DC. MQ2 valve, Tadao Yakuza Eblade board, E2 frame, Raguba Grum Trigger, 1st gen 2-liter, DC Volumizer, DC/STD LPR, A+ feed neck, ASA extension, AcidCustoms bolt pin, stainless screw kit, various barrels with "Wedgits".

Last edited by AbitNutz : 03-04-2009 at 07:35 PM.
AbitNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:43 PM #9
russianlegion3

The XSV Velocity is cheap, it works, fast, and will NOT let you down.

Whoever up there said about the defective clockspring is wrong, Viewloader has replaced all the bad ones. It's pretty fast to take apart even though it has screws.

But let me tell you this, if you want to put down 150 for a hopper, then get the rotor for sure, but if you want a relatively inexpensive, great hopper, get an xsv..
russianlegion3 is offline   Reply With Quote