PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-03-2004, 07:36 PM #22
NotSpeedyejl (Banned)
Banned

NotSpeedyejl is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Since this thread got resurrected let me add some info to it.

A lot of people seem to have issues with this mod because they have no idea how an Angel works from a mechanical standpoint. If you don't completely understand how your Angel works, don't get this. Certain people shouldn't be given too many knobs to turn.

Shockwave basically hit the nail on the head regarding what a Era Mod is good for without delicate tuning.

Now for getting your marker to bounce paint and not have issues. The easiest way to make it bounce and still be a reliable marker is two fold.

First is keeping it CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. You want your ram shaft super slick and the snap oring super light to have the least friction possible. FSDO isnít hard to avoid you just need to keep your marker clean. Contrary to Shockwave though tons of lube is a bad idea. Lube swells orings and is generally not meant to be on moving parts. You want your ram to have as little friction as possible but still be air tight. (on a side note FSDO in trixes is mostly caused by swollen orings because of lube, or dried sticky lube) .
In addition you want your solenoid super clean and smooth moving. The quicker your solenoid gets air going to your ram the better. Solenoids may actually have the sticky factor causing FSDO, so their pretty important to keep nice and slick internally.

Second is going to be raising your dwell. For some reason Angel owners think dwell is a taboo setting, when they donít realize other markers have the dwell changed frequently namely Impulses and Timmies.
A longer dwell will allow the LPR to be lower by holding the valve open longer getting that ball flying. It will also help avoid FSDO by giving the air a longer time to break ram friction. With the dwell you donít want it to long that the valve is open after the ball is past your barrels porting, thatís a problem for air consumption.

Here is a video of my Dark LCD with the Era Mod
http://www.members.aol.com/speedyejl...e/fferamod.mpg
NotSpeedyejl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 05:00 PM #23
P8ntball_89
Can't is the cancer of...

P8ntball_89 is a Supporting Member
is there any instructions on how to do the era mod?
P8ntball_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 10:46 AM #24
infinite727
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

infinite727 is a Supporting Member
i think i hav lik the only speed wit an era mod... o well it rips beyond belief with my frenzy board, custom made trigr (by me) and all thast good stuff inside
"Originally posted by TRD_Celica: so a guy walks in a bar, he asks for a drink and the bartender says how was your day, he replies it was the worst day ever, i got banned, so i spammed pbnation for ever and a day, and the bartenders says, lol gtfo boat"
infinite727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:47 PM #25
Encrypto

Question... can you use the ERA mod along with a volumizer? I would assume so, just checking. Trying to learn about all the mods now that I've got an Angel.

Another question... the ERA mod allows for fine tuning of the LPR without opening it and adding shims or am I mistaken? You set it and then let it feed an actual LPR such as the MicrRock?

<ag>

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...=%2Benc rypto
FeedBack
Encrypto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:52 PM #26
infinite727
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

infinite727 is a Supporting Member
yea i would suggest the evolve kit though.

i think production was stopped until the fix a minor problem. They can be found at www.evolvepaintball.com for 160$ i think

-seth
"Originally posted by TRD_Celica: so a guy walks in a bar, he asks for a drink and the bartender says how was your day, he replies it was the worst day ever, i got banned, so i spammed pbnation for ever and a day, and the bartenders says, lol gtfo boat"
infinite727 is offline   Reply With Quote