PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-10-2009, 10:59 AM #106
krh205

2008 I-29

The only 4'3 turd you refer to in Watertown was the head ref and he had 2 friends he brought out of our region, not even associated with anything with the i-29. He was not there to be your friend. He had hardly any hair and it was dark.

If anybody reads the paintball news, you'll recall that the NPPL league went bankrupt at the end of 2008.

After charging hundreds of teams thousands of dollars for entry per event, no paint inventory, no land to buy, charging spectator admission to the best venues in the industry, getting a cut back from vendors sales at the event. The NPPL events had many sources of income that just arent available to us here in SD, yet.

Even with all their revenues, They still had porta potties, they still had players pissed off at refs, they still had the vendors put in retail certificates (not cash) for all their prizes and not put out money out of their own pockets.

They had the best field and human resources available to them in the business.

Mismanaged, you could argue both ways, but one person out of hundreds is
not normally the problem. Maybe trying to fix everything for everybody is probabaly the reason, we'll never know.

2009 is a new year, new rules, new chance to play paintball, but it wont be the same.

More paintball fields will go out of business, each have their own story,
vendors will be charging fields a franchise fee to sell their products just so you keep buying from their company.

you will probably have to travel farther for fewer national events and you will see changes in the rules, (less BPS), time limits, registration fees, prizes and paint prices, all changes trying to keep the costs down for the players, but no increase in prizes or cash money to the players.

Some will embrace the changes and play, some will not and sell their equipment here on Pbnation, both field owner and player.

The I-29 is a place to play paintball, it has survived because we recognize that change is necessary for progress. We have invested alot of money
just to make the experience as close to what you would expect at a national
level, actually, most of our equipment is better than what I saw at World cup.

Everybody has the right to talk, but if your going to talk about our field in Watertown or Aberdeen, you should have your facts straight first.
We take care of our people, and our teams and have never, never cheated any team, if anything we should probably start, like they do at world cup, we would make more money.

IF the I-29 sucks for you, I respect your opinion, there are many others, please respect ours.

Sorry for the long post, just want to make sure of an appropriate response.
Ken
krh205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2009, 10:05 PM #107
JordanHansen

Quote:
Originally Posted by imberiman View Post
I am working really hard at this series this year and focusing on it more than anything else. I am not even planning on me playing on a team for any series or events just so I can make really good things happen. There are always changes and such that are being made and we are trying different things and retaining what we have tried. This year will be huge and I think it will draw alot of experienced players expect more at the end of the month.

Thanks to all
Adam
THAT right there is dedication. you have my respect adam....

lord daclaimer- stop stirring up **** in all the forums... put your feedback on here, but complaining because you last is not going to get you anything.
JordanHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:02 AM #108
dustinsobolik
Fargo United

dustinsobolik is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander Bolanos View Post
I-29 as a series sucks the refs half the time don't know **** the other half they're so overwhelmed with the ability to finally control anything in they're miserable lives that they abuse the position, like the little turd at watertown last year you know who you are the 4'3 midget with blond hair. I came out and played watertown took 2nd in AM and what did we get for it nothing!!!!!!!!!!! all the other division 2nd place winners got some money back but not us on top of that its bull**** to make me play the novice divison waste my paint on games that don't count so your series can suck some more cash out of my pocket by making me buy more paint to play throw away games thanks for nothing. There are some people that are honestly trying to make this a real series and I see you and I give you all my deepest respect but the majority of fields and staff are not properly set up to manage this undertaking not to mention the local politics of one team reffing one tournament and letting another team that is reffing a future tournament get away with cheating, bad calls, and favoritism cause they'll get you back

For the record: He is not Fargo United, we do not and never will behave like this. Fargo United (aka Redcoats an old team that several FU players played for was the name) won the last event of the season. I look forward to a good series this year.
dustinsobolik is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups