1(this game SUCKS) 44 15.33%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2009, 11:02 AM #43
XxcrazymanxX

XxcrazymanxX is a Supporting Member
XxcrazymanxX plays in the PSP
XxcrazymanxX is an NCPA player
XxcrazymanxX plays in the APPA D4 division
this game sucks for the xbox 360. Ghtp was even better and Ghtp maxd blows it away. it sucks tho cuz now we can play ghtp maxd on xbox 360 but no one is on.

mainly the snaping/sliding/diving and online play makes this game bad
Central Florida Paintball
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2009, 09:36 PM #44
Professional Rookie
www.pbfixx.com

Professional Rookie owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Professional Rookie supports Team VICIOUS
Professional Rookie plays in the APPA D4 division
I gave this game a 5. This game falls very short of my expectations. I was hoping it would be on par or exceeding Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball Max'd for PS2. Note: The PS2 version of Max'd is different than the Xbox version.

AI:
Max'd PS2 - Both the team AI and enemy AI aren't the brightest, but do move down field in a relatively smart manner. The enemy AI will flank and bunker you.

NPPL 09 - The AI all together is retarded. Your teammates will shove you out of bunkers or run from the left all the way across to the right, vice versa, and make totally unreasonable bumps. Your team is WORTHLESS. The enemy AI just runs to the flag, shooting you if you happen to be in front of them. I won MANY matches by simply running down the tape, shooting inward. If one happened to get away, I just posted up on whichever flag station I was closest to and waited.

EQUIPMENT DISTRIBUTION:

Max'd PS2 - The stuff you get pretty much matches your progression. There is a bunch of junk that you get, but you don't have to wait long before you get decent stuff.

NPPL 09 - Good Lord. You start off with TOTAL CRAP and then it doesn't get much better until a few tournaments later, you get access to Timmy's. These are pretty much the best guns in the game until you reach the pro level. The equipment progression makes NO SENSE. After you get Timmy's, you start seeing things like Piranha's and JT Protiums and stuff like that. And the best part is you get the Eclipse SL8R at the END of the tournament series after you've finished all the matches.

EXP DISTRIBUTION:
Max'd PS2 - It was a little cheap with the EXP on this one. 2 points after winning an entire tournament in FIRST PLACE? That's pretty lame.

NPPL 09 - This was a feature I actually liked in that you could buy EXP. Not just for you, but all your teammates. This was a good idea. Especially with all the money you save by switching to Geico, er, uh, I mean not spending on worthless equipment.

CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION
Max'd PS2 - You can make your own team name, select from six premade characters, and chose a logo from a premade set. None of the logos are worth a flip. And the characters to select are pretty dumb looking. You have no control over your teammates' equipment except for the jersey.

NPPL 09 - Basically, there is no customization for your character. You are one set guy. You can only choose a team name from a set list. Your team does get the same equipment you do.

SUGGESTIONS FOR NPPL 10:
  • Improve AI. Use GHTP Max'd (PS2) as your starting point.
  • Start off with entry level stuff and move to mid range stuff to high level stuff. Simple concept.
  • Maybe a "sponsorship" option? You could dedicate you and your team to a specific brand(s) for a number of tournaments?
  • Make it to where you can sell your stuff or trade it in.
  • The EXP system can pretty much stay. Maybe be able to get more points from winning. Or add a "practice" or "scrimmage" mode where you win only points.
  • Put in a "CREATE A CHARACTER" mode.
  • Custom colors for equipment.
  • Set team colors.
  • Custom logos and decent looking presets.
  • Custom team names

That's pretty much it.
Texas RUMBLE #54 PbFiXX Beach to Bay GI Sportz Virtue Deadlywind Suarez Chiropractic
Another field in Corpus? Why yes! PAINTBALL FIXX
FST: GEARBAG SALE
WTB:
WTT: