zstoner
Shrimp

5/10. I know your just starting out...

Just not appealing to the eyes. :/

Old stuff. Sigs.

Old 02-17-2009, 05:03 PM #1032
DAVEY BOY (Banned)

9/10 i like the bottom one.

did with brush and lasso tool, im not real into the complicated stuff of ps. its a lil sketchy, i could touch it up

not bad for 15 minutes i think,.. it gets the job done.

Last edited by DAVEY BOY : 02-17-2009 at 05:29 PM.
DAVEY BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:03 AM #1033
cerealkiller_
eat a bleepin dorito

cerealkiller_ has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Its REALLY sketchy.
4/10

Looking for constructive criticism, especially if anyone has any ideas for the person/tree.
Edges are cut because i used the polygono lasso tool; I don't have illustrator at home
Old 02-18-2009, 04:07 PM #1034
Sully. (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealkiller_ View Post
Its REALLY sketchy.
4/10

Looking for constructive criticism, especially if anyone has any ideas for the person/tree.
Edges are cut because i used the polygono lasso tool; I don't have illustrator at home
8/10. I'm actually intrigued by this one. The simplistic style of it is a little much for me though. To fix this I would recommend Saturating the colors a bit more, or up the Contrast. It will make it stand out more on the white background. The letters are great with the fade in them, but like i said before, The only Critique i can give you is to mess around with Saturation and/or Contrast so that the design stands out from the background.

My 09' Team Logo. Team Wicked Future.

Comments and Criticism appreciated. I am to lazy to render, so it will blend with an background, it at the moment so you all are stuck with an ugly white background. Lol sorry guys.

Last edited by Sully. : 02-18-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Sully. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:39 PM #1035
DAVEY BOY (Banned)

i dont have a pic but i gotta say ten
Old 02-19-2009, 12:55 AM #1036
zimm41
A.F.F.A

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully. View Post
8/10. I'

My 09' Team Logo. Team Wicked Future.

Comments and Criticism appreciated. I am to lazy to render, so it will blend with an background, it at the moment so you all are stuck with an ugly white background. Lol sorry guys.
that isnt a logo that is a picture witht he pulse txt from dafont and a cityscape brush. cmon now.

to be legit, some thing i made way back when i first got PS

Last edited by zimm41 : 02-19-2009 at 12:59 AM.
zimm41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:12 PM #1037
Sully. (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm41 View Post
that isnt a logo that is a picture witht he pulse txt from dafont and a cityscape brush. cmon now.

to be legit, some thing i made way back when i first got PS
Lol its not a cityscpe brush. It is skyline view of Houston i got off google in which i Cutout, black in whited, Sharpened, Satined, Despeckled, Added several splatter brushes from brusheezy and put a pulse font on it. Next time you decide to dog on someones artwork, either look back at previous work they have done and decide for yourselves if they take novice shortcuts, which there is around 10 in this thread, or continue to keep your mouth shut.... Oh and btw Citscape brushes are for fags who cant do it themselves. Show me the cityscape brush used in this piece and i will salute you considering the fact that there is none that match.

Back to topic. I dont quite understand what this piece is supposed to be, but most shadows do not go straight down unless the light source is straight up. But even if that was the case the Shadow should still spread and fade out. Also i would suggest working on your color coordination. Having only two colors in graphic piece like yours does not usually work unless those colors happen to be black and white. The colors used here are complete opposites and to be used together should have some set of colors to draw them together. The colors need to blend together and be in harmony. Such as changing the background to a dark orange or gradient it from light to dark. Although opposites may seem good in your head, the turnout is usually undesirable. Considering the fact that it was when you first got photoshop i give your props for trying new things. Good luck on your next piece... 6/10

Sig I made for my my friend Fresh

Last edited by Sully. : 02-19-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:30 PM #1038
knuckhead09
MJMfX.com Designer

Annual Supporting Member
knuckhead09 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Lol its not a cityscpe brush. It is skyline view of Houston i got off google in which i Cutout, black in whited, Sharpened, Satined, Despeckled, Added several splatter brushes from brusheezy and put a pulse font on it. Next time you decide to dog on someones artwork, either look back at previous work they have done and decide for yourselves if they take novice shortcuts, which there is around 10 in this thread, or continue to keep your mouth shut.... Oh and btw Citscape brushes are for fags who cant do it themselves. Show me the cityscape brush used in this piece and i will salute you considering the fact that there is none that match.
Uhh.. brushes save time. Why would you do it yourself if there was a brush already done? The fact that you did it yourself doesn't really make you a better designer.. It just means that you don't take the most efficient path to a final outcome. Especially the fact that the process you described doesn't result in a vector, which means you still can't get it printed.

The actual physical use of photoshop means nothing in design. If you've got the eye, that's all that matters. Learning the software just takes time. Knowing what looks good takes skill. And judging by your work, you may have the beginnings of a good design eye, but still need some work.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:34 PM #1039
East告de
inconceivable

East告de is BST Trusted
East告de owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
East告de has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
by that same token, i would say that your design is ALRIGHT at best. i dont have work to post up here, but i check this thread often. i am a designer trying to teach myself photoshop etc.

i would say the brass knuckles dont match the font at all and the blue splatter looks out of place

East告de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:41 PM #1040
Sully. (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckhead09 View Post
Uhh.. brushes save time. Why would you do it yourself if there was a brush already done? The fact that you did it yourself doesn't really make you a better designer.. It just means that you don't take the most efficient path to a final outcome. Especially the fact that the process you described doesn't result in a vector, which means you still can't get it printed.

The actual physical use of photoshop means nothing in design. If you've got the eye, that's all that matters. Learning the software just takes time. Knowing what looks good takes skill. And judging by your work, you may have the beginnings of a good design eye, but still need some work.

I give credit where credit is due, your eye is probably much more superior to mine based off you work, and yes i know. I stated that it isnt a render yet so its stuck with the white background... What has been posted, as shown by the steps didn't no take long at all and i dint not feel like spending the time to render it. But i do get aggravated when kids decide to go after someone and state something as if it is under them and too easy, when they post work in which my little brother could make. I know my limits at the moment, and i know when i've been beat but don't flame me when you have no idea what your talking about. Get what i'm saying bro? Your design is alright on a scale of designers but since it surpasses most that is in this thread, I give you a 8/10.

Practicing with the Glow and Emboss effects
Old 02-19-2009, 01:41 PM #1041
knuckhead09
MJMfX.com Designer

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I give credit where credit is due, your eye is probably much more superior to mine based off you work, and yes i know. I stated that it isnt a render yet so its stuck with the white background... What has been posted, as shown by the steps didn't no take long at all and i dint not feel like spending the time to render it. But i do get aggravated when kids decide to go after someone and state something as if it is under them and too easy, when they post work in which my little brother could make. I know my limits at the moment, and i know when i've been beat but don't flame me when you have no idea what your talking about. Get what i'm saying bro?
I wasn't flaming.. was there a negative tone to that post? I'm just trying to offer you some insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by East告de View Post
by that same token, i would say that your design is ALRIGHT at best. i dont have work to post up here, but i check this thread often. i am a designer trying to teach myself photoshop etc.

i would say the brass knuckles dont match the font at all and the blue splatter looks out of place

I agree. You have to be able to accept criticism too.

Last edited by knuckhead09 : 02-19-2009 at 01:44 PM.
knuckhead09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:48 PM #1042
Sully. (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckhead09 View Post
I wasn't flaming.. was there a negative tone to that post? I'm just trying to offer you some insight.

I agree. You have to be able to accept criticism too.

Bro when i'm talking about the flaming i was talking about the post before yours. Sorry for the confusion. I appreciate your insight and will take it into account.

Very simple, but gets the point across. Looks like a government "Go Green" ad. Another 8/10
Old 02-19-2009, 03:17 PM #1043
zimm41
A.F.F.A

Quote:

Sig I made for my my friend Fresh
ok great but its still not a logo. nice try ill give ya that.
here i made you a logo in 5 mins, go ahead and use it.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:34 PM #1044
knuckhead09
MJMfX.com Designer

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
You're a jackass. The last 2 he posted aren't intended to be logos. Even as such, they're better as logos than the one you just posted.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:58 PM #1045
DAVEY BOY (Banned)

ive been using the word jackass alot lately.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:37 PM #1046
Sully. (Banned)

Quote:

Wow... Do i really need to say anything
Old 02-19-2009, 06:10 PM #1047
DAVEY BOY (Banned)

sully is a what?
Old 02-19-2009, 06:20 PM #1048
r_racer11
The mad santa hatter

Quote:

Honestly that sucks balls compared to his, yours would be illegible if made smaller, is too detailed and would just look weird on anything, has cut offs. I know you tried really hard to throw together that bull**** excuse for an insult, congratulations on wasting your time. There was nothing wrong with his that would make it unusable for a logo. Was it a little cliche? Yes, but you still have no right to tell his it sucks and to use yours instead. This is a thread to critique others work, not bash the **** out of them. I suggest you consider no posting in this thread for a while because you just made yourself look like an ***.

To keep this on topic:

Catalog page for plant culture cloning company (dont ask), its a work in progress and they're theme is cool greens and blues

"Originally posted by SmArT-SpOrKs: Jesus Tapdancing christ this thread is a cluster**** on both sides. Its like the civil war, but replace muskets with pool noodles and everyone has a wicked sunburn."

ST PHOTOBUCKET
_-_ST:GDT 10,000 posts and counting

c4designs.org

Last edited by r_racer11 : 02-19-2009 at 06:27 PM.
r_racer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:28 PM #1049
zimm41
A.F.F.A

what lingo is that? cool tho. grey boxes going to have pics or flash?
Old 02-19-2009, 06:31 PM #1050
zimm41
A.F.F.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_racer11 View Post
Honestly that sucks balls compared to his, yours would be illegible if made smaller, is too detailed and would just look weird on anything, has cut offs. I know you tried really hard to throw together that bull**** excuse for an insult, congratulations on wasting your time. There was nothing wrong with his that would make it unusable for a logo. Was it a little cliche? Yes, but you still have no right to tell his it sucks and to use yours instead. This is a thread to critique others work, not bash the **** out of them. I suggest you consider no posting in this thread for a while because you just made yourself look like an ***.

To keep this on topic:

Catalog page for plant culture cloning company (dont ask), its a work in progress and they're theme is cool greens and blues

brah you realize i was showing him what a logo was? i did that in under 5 min. my friend i was sitting here with added the is a douche part. all i was saying was he made a picture not a logo. that hideous thing i posted is in no way meant to be anything legit.
zimm41 is offline   Reply With Quote