PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-19-2009, 11:16 PM #1
Randy Bocelli
Code Red Airsoft Park.com

Post AFTS Event #1--Victorville Open--MARCH 7th-8th--Details Inside!

Adrenaline Force Tournament Series announces event dates!
VICTORVILLE, CA (January 19th, 2009)
After an astounding amount of calls and requests, the Adrenaline Force Tournament Series (AFTS) is pleased to announce its series schedule. New this year, the AFTS will make a stop in Northern California for those NorCal players looking for an unforgettable experience that only AFTS can provide—without driving 5 hours.

The 2009 AFTS series will proceed as follows:

Event #1 March 7th @ Giant Paintball in Victorville, CA (Victorville Open)
Event #2 May 9th & 10th, @ ASG Rialto,CA (Inland Empire Open)Confirmed
Event #3 June 27 & 28, Location TBA
Event #4 AUG 15 & 16, Location TBA
Championship September 26 & 27, Location TBA

Venues for Events 2-5 are currently in negotiation, and cannot be released at this time.

President of the AFTS, Randy Bocelli, has been working around the clock preparing an exciting series that will span all of California; “I have even more to offer to the players, teams, spectators and the vendors. I’m excited and ready to be gearing up to have a great series again. I’ve updated the logo for AFTS--and I’m currently working on updating the design of our website as well. We have a great staff lined up with some familiar faces. This will be THE series in California for players and spectators alike. Furthermore, we’ve dropped the Beginner Entry Fee over 70%—it’s down to $250. This isn’t about the money…we want new players to be able to afford to compete and advance as players. We’ve also capped the rate of fire at 13bps, semi-automatic—both to reduce paint consumption and not force everyone to update their equipment to play.” The First Event

The AFTS will allow for 3 and 5 man teams to compete in fun, affordable, and competitive environment that is free of cheating and sandbagging—enforced by industry professionals and the APPA database. The AFTS is, and will remain a BYOP series—for teams without paint, we will also have paint for purchase the day of the event. For more info visit http://www.afts.tv

Bring It On Airsoft

Last edited by Randy Bocelli : 03-18-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Randy Bocelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2009, 11:48 PM #2
[coolpbkid]
VWC

[coolpbkid] plays in the PSP
[coolpbkid] plays in the APPA D2 division
Gl
[coolpbkid] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:03 AM #3
SoCalCash
R.I.P. LA FACTION [EVO]

SoCalCash plays in the APPA D3 division
i remember the one in redlands back in 05

good times...

GL

LA Hitmen
I'm always hungry, wtf.
SoCalCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:14 AM #4
BajaBoy11

cant wait!

THE760SD PM ME!
BajaBoy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:46 AM #5
sickysickygnarnar
I Kill For Drama

sickysickygnarnar plays in the USPL
sickysickygnarnar plays in the APPA D4 division
lets get this goin
[ Quickstoppaintball.com l scubadooadventures.com l Bringitonpaintball.com l Giantpaintball.com l afts.tv l sbrcfire.com l shootinghotphotos.com l
Aftermath Fanclub l HINGEMAN INC. ]
sickysickygnarnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:10 PM #6
Randy Bocelli

New Sponsor Just Came on Board: Gen x Global
Bring It On Airsoft
Old 01-20-2009, 07:20 PM #7
K&TFurY

Cant wait
K&TFurY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:34 AM #8
Randy Bocelli

Another New Sponsor Just Came On Board: Pinokio Hoppers
Randy
Bring It On Airsoft
Old 01-21-2009, 09:10 PM #9
bigbrew44
Blast Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCash View Post
i remember the one in redlands back in 05

good times...

GL
Me too! 3 points from placing...

There is no prize for being stupid. Please stop competing.
bigbrew44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:04 PM #10
Randy Bocelli

Your Players Card just increased in Value!! After long talks with all the leagues we came to an agreement that when you purchase your player's ID card from 1 of these leagues - AFTS, WCPPL, RIOT Series and SCPL - it's good at any of them. So NO more buying a new card for each of the leagues. This way it's not an added expense to play in a different league. Early purchase of your player's card is $20 and at the event it's $30
Randy
Bring It On Airsoft
Old 01-22-2009, 12:08 PM #11
b_ron
photo

b_ron helped look for balloons
b_ron owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
b_ron is an NCPA player
b_ron plays in the APPA beginner division
isnt event 3 the same weekend of scpl?

| photo |

RIP ABC. It's been a fun 17 threads.
b_ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:23 PM #12
Randy Bocelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_ron View Post
isnt event 3 the same weekend of scpl?
yes it is 1 of us will be changing that date so we don't conflict no need to worry
Randy
Bring It On Airsoft
Old 01-22-2009, 12:27 PM #13
kitono

kitono plays in the APPA D5 division
don't you mean scpl?

CCM'd OUTKAST PUMP FST
kitono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:15 PM #14
FuNgUs~187~
{DRNASTY}

so this will be a race to 2 just like the psps new 5 man rules right?? can you post the official rules on here so we know what we need to start doing at practices please
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3223129

MASK PARTS F/S/T
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post59323613
HUGE GEARBAG SALE
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post61159571
FuNgUs~187~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:23 PM #15
Katspix
Kats Photography

Katspix is a Paintball photographer
2009 Psp Rule Update

2009 PSP Rule Updates

PSP is pleased to release new format and rule updates for the 2009 Season.

Updated Formats:

PSP will offer the following match formats for 2009:

Race to 7 – Three to four prelim matches, one 20-minute period per match, 2-minute timeout between points, highest score or first team to 7 wins

Race to 5 – Four prelim matches, one 15-minute period, 2-minute timeout between points, highest score or first team to 5 wins

Race to 4 – Four prelim matches, one 10-minute period per match, 2-minute timeout between points, highest score or first team to 4 wins

Race to 2 – Four prelim matches, up to three 5-minute points per match, 15- to 30-minute break between points, points played round-robin versus four opponents, highest score or first team to 2 wins

Divisions of Play:

Pro Race to 7 (Formerly NXL)
Semi-Pro Race to 7 (New Division – XBall)
Division 1 Race to 5 (XBall)
Division 2 Race to 5 (XBall)
Division 3 Race to 4 (XBall)
Intro Division 3 Race to 4 (New Division – XBall)
Division 3 Race to 2 (5-man)
Division 4 Race to 2 (5-man)

Intro Division 3 Race to 4:

Intro Division 3 is a new division designed specifically to give teams new to playing back-to-back points an inexpensive, relaxed, fun division to try out repeat-point matches. In keeping with Intro D3’s purpose, players who have appeared on two or more PSP Race to 4/5/7 (XBall) rosters will no longer be eligible for Intro D3. Since participation in Intro D3 is limited to two events, season standing points will not be accrued in Intro D3.

Team-Designated Spectator:

For the 2009 season, PSP will provide a Team-Designated Spectator area between the general spectator area and the field of play. Each team may designate one Team Spectator who may be in the team spectator area for that team’s matches only. The Team Spectator must have a current PSP ID Card and must be listed and signed on the team’s roster as the Team Spectator. Team Spectators are NOT players OR team staff and DO NOT have access to restricted player areas and may not communicate with the team in any manner during the team’s matches except from the Team Spectator area directly to team members on the field of play. Team Spectators must wear paintball safety goggles at all times while in the Team Spectator Area.

Race to 2 (5-man) Scoring:

PSP is bringing match scoring to 5-man! Each team will continue to play eight to twelve prelim games in the now familiar best two-of-three round-robin schedule but will now enjoy the same match scoring of the other Race2 formats, earning one point per flag hang. The team with the most flag hangs at the end of the three games will receive two match points while teams ending a match in a tie will receive one match point each. Teams will be ranked as follows:

- Total number of match points (2 for match win, 1 for match tie)
- Total number of flag hangs in all matches
- Lowest total of game time elapsed in points where the team hung the flag
- Fewest flag hangs scored by opponents
- Highest total of game time elapsed in points where team’s opponent hung the flag

Race2-2 will continue to have 1-for-1 minors and 2-for-1 majors. Teams with insufficient live players on the field to satisfy a penalty will have one penalty minute per un-pulled player accessed against their game time played used for tie-breaking purposes.

Playoff matches that end with one flag hang per team will be awarded to the team that achieved their flag hang in the least game time.

Race to 2 (5-man) Playoffs:

Race to 2 playoffs will consist of head-to-head Race to 2 matches in a seeded, single-elimination bracket.

Rate of Fire:

The Rate of Fire limit will be adjusted for 2009.

Race to 7: No more than one paintball per 80 milliseconds (12.5 bps)

Race to 2/4/5: No more than one paintball per 95 milliseconds (10.5 bps)

Mechanical semi-auto markers are permitted in all divisions, and is not subject to a minimum time between shots. Mechanical bounce, double-action or reactive-force triggers are prohibited. Markers containing any electronics whatsoever (batteries, circuit boards, etc) will be considered electronic markers.

Overtime:

Preliminary round Race to 2 matches that end in a tie will have no overtime and be scored as a tie, one match point per team. Preliminary round Race to 4/5/7 matches will have one 5-minute overtime point. If there is no winner after the 5-minute overtime point, the match will be scored as a tie, one match point awarded per team.
Playoff matches will have an untimed, sudden death overtime period (1st flag hang wins)

Game Stoppage including Inadvertent Buzzer:

After a game stoppage by officials due to player injury, players will start in their positions at the time game play was stopped.

After a game stoppage for any other reason, all live players will return to their team starting station. A 10-second countdown will be placed on the game clock and the live players will restart play as with the start of any point.

Penalties:

Race to 7:

Minor: Live player placed in the penalty box for 1 minute; penalty ends if team loses point

Major: Live player placed in the penalty box for 2 minutes

Gross: Live player placed in the penalty box for 2 minutes; offending player serves 10-minute misconduct

60-second rule: If a player receives a major or gross penalty in the final 60 seconds of a match or 5-minute overtime, the opposing team will win that point.

Race to 2/4/5:

Minor: Eliminate 1 live player

Major: Eliminate 2 live players

Gross: Eliminate 2 live players + offending player sits for 3 points

In the event a team does not have enough live players remaining on the field to pull, the team will instead receive a penalty flag. Up to two penalty flags are removed at the start of each point when a team starts one player short for each penalty flag. If a team has more than two penalty flags at the start of the point, they will start with three players and carry any remaining penalty flags to the next point. If at any time a team has five penalty flags, five penalty flags will be removed and the opposing team will score one point.

Timeouts:

Both teams may call a team timeout in the same interval between two points.

Velocity Penalties:

301-310 fps: Minor Penalty
311-325 fps: Major Penalty
326+: Gross Penalty

Rate of Fire Penalties:

1-5 ms under: Minor Penalty
6-10ms under: Major Penalty
11-15ms under: Gross Penalty
16+ ms under: Minor Suspension

Delay of Game:

The Delay-of-Game penalty for not advancing the flag is eliminated.

Flag no longer disposable equipment:

Live players may not discard the flag, but may pass the flag to other live players.
Eliminated flag carriers should drop the flag at the point of elimination and exit the field of play.

Shooting spectator net:

Shooting towards the spectator net during a timeout is now a minor penalty.

Staff clothing restrictions:

Only individuals registered as players may wear pads, packs, or gloves in the pit area or on the field of play.

Equipment restrictions:

Shoes may not have rigid, pointed spikes of any material nor edged (baseball) metal spikes

Hoppers may not be orange, yellow or clear

Hopper stickers may be black, white, red or blue only

Switching sides:

Race2-2: Teams switch sides after 1st point played, flip for side for third point

Race2-4/5/7: Teams switch sides after every odd flag hang (Score totals 1, 3, 5, 7 etc)

Season Standings, Seeds and Rankings:

A team that moves up a division will be seeded based on their total of previous scores that season, with a -50 point penalty applied to each score for each division the team has moved up (but no score shall be counted less than a last-place score). Once the team has played at least one event in the new division, previous scores from lower divisions will count as the score received in the previous division, or the average of scores received in the new division, whichever is lower.

A team that moves down a division will be seeded based on their best score received in the previous division, plus 50 points for each division moved down (max 100). After playing an event in the new division, previous scores will count as the average of scores earned in the new division, or the previous score, whichever is lower.

A team that moves up or down divisions but does not have at least 5 players in common on rosters prior to and after the switch may not keep any seed or ranking points from prior to the move.

Seed and ranking points may not be transferred from Race2-2 to Race2-4/5/7, except to break ties after all other tiebreakers are exhausted.
Check yourself out!

KATSPIX MYSPACE
Katspix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:28 PM #16
Randy Bocelli

Great News Azodin Signed on as a Platinum Sponsor so That's Markers for every division
Randy
Bring It On Airsoft
Old 01-25-2009, 08:45 PM #17
Junior0924
Mowing FUPAS since 1996

Junior0924 plays in the USPL
Junior0924 plays in the APPA D4 division
I can't wait for this tournament series to kick off in March its gonna be awesome.
Junior0924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:06 PM #18
Randy Bocelli

More Great News Spyder Just Sign on As A Platinum Sponsor! so the prize Package keeps going up
Bring It On Airsoft
Old 01-28-2009, 02:20 PM #19
Drowning In My Sleep
< HAWTNESS

Drowning In My Sleep helped look for balloons
Drowning In My Sleep plays in the APPA D4 division
So according to the original post, we're playing PSP rules but with 13 bps, semi?

Goodbye mom. You were a great mom and an even better friend. I love you mom.
Drowning In My Sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:36 PM #20
Randy Bocelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowning In My Sleep View Post
So according to the original post, we're playing PSP rules but with 13 bps, semi?
Yes the problem is most players will need to get there boards reprogram to the new BPS so that's going to take some time. So i worked it out with PSP with our Event for this year. we will have a modified Rule on The BPS so we decided to do the 13bps semi since all Boards can do that were still deciding on ramping 13bps So you Input on Ramping or not would be appreciated
Randy
Bring It On Airsoft
Old 01-30-2009, 01:19 PM #21
yaya

yaya is a Professional paintball player
yaya plays in the PSP
yaya plays in the APPA Pro division
I was actually just briefed on what this tournament series is going to do for up and coming paintballers and i personally wish I had this same help when I was a young buc! Good luck with everything guys!
yaya is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups