High School Club Sponsor
I am a full time teacher at South Plantation High School in Broward County Fl. I am currently creating and developing a PB Club here at South. The principal and AP's are on board, talked to the County rep for all Clubs and he is on board. It is now headed to the legal dept.
Here is what I did.
1. made sure there were plenty of interested students.
2. pitched the principal
3. contacted the student gov. rep to notify her of my inetentions. (They run the clubs at your school and they offer help to gt up an running)
4. Created a "benefits" of paintball packet, and Power point, liabilty waiver packet, and parent information guide where the parents will acknowledge all the apparent "potential" for injury. I also made sure to reproduce a copy of the student conduct and code book policy concerning "Markers" ZERO TOLERANCE to have on school property.
5. Contacted local PB field and locked in rates for club.
6. Sent it off to the principal and ap's.
In reality schools have rocket clubs, ice hockey clubs, lacrosse, and archery clubs. I find it mind blowing how much Paintball is vilified! Good luck with your pursuits. If I get this approved I will be sure to spread more info in detail.
1. no one has ever died from a paintball impact.
2. Don't expect help from admin.
3. Assume to hear a bunch of "no's", so be well prepared BEFORE hand.
4. Follow the chain of command.
5. Be patient, just because we love PB, others could care less....jerks!