Atmosfearballer
Ready to Grind

has been a member for 10 years
Atmosfearballer plays in the PSP
Atmosfearballer donated to help Peyton Trent
Atmosfearballer plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocR View Post
Wait a sec wait a sec...isn't this from the D2 X-ball player that wont he D4 5 man World Cup?? /cough /cough

Like with any system at the start there is going to be jacked up parts of it guys. Give it a season or less and you will see the moves up the ladder being made and the ranks evening themselves out. As it stands now you pretty much have a 3 man rank, a 5 man rank, and an X-ball rank.

If you guys want to complain about sandbagging please go back a few years when Pro's could play on Am A rosters. That SUCKED and sand bagging is nothing now like it used to be. As the system matures it will straighten itself out.

You're damn right that was me, I'm glad you called me out on that so I can give you this retort.

Like it has always been, CFOA and PSP rankings were never interchangeable. Yes, obviously, I am a D2 CFOA Xball player. As far as PSP used to go, I was a D3 player for whatever format they offered. D4 5 man teams could have 1 D3 player on it, and that was me. We won!! I played and won where I was supposed to play, regardless if you want to call it sandbagging or not. I have never asked for or received a reclassification, other than a single Laurens Hope tournament this past year because my arm was broken. Hell, you got a bonified D1 PSP winner, 2 times over who has been reclassed to D3 for several years. That's sandbagging, not playing where you are and have always been classed to play.

So can Matt Sossoman and Coty Greene get reclassed to D3? They haven't won a D1 event? They would very much like to play 5 mans, but now they can't. Why push people out of the league? Is the goal not to retain your player base, or at least the one's who don't want to play Nationally? No wonder the league is shrinking!! When you get too good, the league doesn't want you anymore. Not everyone can afford the money or time off to go and play National events.

I never once said teams shouldn't have a "ringer", but to basically take the rankings that players have earned through the last few years playing CFOA and strip them away to basically beginner status (D5) just because your trying to institute a new universal classification system is totally wrong. I can't imagine how many people are gonna be afraid to play CFOA D4 Xball this year when they start looking at all the experience some of those players/teams have.

The majority of these players aren't playing nationally so stripping them of their locally acquired ranking is screwing alot of teams in the process, even if its only gonna be for a year or two, they're still getting screwed. I know if I was new at Xball, I'd be scared of some of those teams!!

The point I'm trying to make is, players have earned their rankings, and since we're trying to even everything out and put people where they belong, why are so many people basically being given a clean slate to "start over"? The plan sounds great, don't get me wrong, but apparently not enough thought went into how to best go about incorporating it. It's obviously flawed at the current moment, and there is nothing anybody can say to refute that!!

I have been the CFOA's staunchest ally for many years playing, reffing, and bickering with people on here about various issues, but changes and issues last year and this year have caused me to take the road less traveled. I want what's fair for the players and what will ultimately help the league to flourish. That's all I want.

I know I'll probably get chastised for this, but you know what? I don't care. I guess I'll be an outcast like Scott Adams, lol. I really don't mind change, but when you rush into change, **** happens and everyone has to pay for it, such is happening right now.

-Charles Cleveland
No Team
HATE Squad 2012, 2013, 2014
Atmosfearballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:31 PM #152
tvpduck
Off Constantly Duck

tvpduck donated to help Peyton Trent
tvpduck owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
tvpduck supports Bob Gurnsey
Charles, IMO, you are a stand up guy and you have every right to say what you want. You are not like Mr. Adams because you actually want good things to happen to the CFOA. Mr. Adams does not care for the CFOA because of his other BS. No one on here could ever compare you to that guy. You have always supported the CFOA and have every right to voice your opinion. It is the folks that don't support the CFOA and have personal axes to grind that bother me...
www.offconstantlypb.com

Predator Paintball - Salisbury / Valken Paintball
-We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.
-I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard was not what I meant!
tvpduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:15 PM #153
DocR

has been a member for 10 years
DocR donated to help Peyton Trent
DocR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DocR supports Team VICIOUS
Haha Charles you know I just had to throw that in there to bust yer balls. I've considered you a friend over the last year and I know as Duck said that when you bring things up you don't have some under handed agenda unlike some others who have and do still post here.

The only similarity that I can link to you would be when the APPA started...nobody had rankings unless you were a pro player and as time went on things have gradually corrected themselves from the wild wild days of past. Its not easy with a major revision/new system and I don't think you will find ANYONE who is 100% happy with the way things are right now...from the top of the top to the bottom of the bottom. It isn't perfect and yes it probably was a lot more rushed then it should have been but in the long run I think it will be great for the sport but that doesn't mean right now its great.

As far as Matt and Cody and others who can't play now go there is something in the works that may help with that. It sucks to leave people hanging right now but it is what it is. As Tyler popped in before and posted there does come a time in your paintball career where you either bump up to the big dogs and roll with them or you fade out of paintball. If whats in discussion comes to fruition though there will be a place for even the big boys to come back and play.

Anyway Charles don't walk away, don't get mad, roll with it bro. Rough waves now will mean smooth sailing later...at least that's the plan.
DocR is offline   Reply With Quote