Community Focus

Old 02-12-2009, 10:38 AM #22
FragBallr
Brody Mayse

FragBallr plays in the USPL
FragBallr plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Telford7 View Post
agree or disagree its really simple paintball needs to stay alive the USPL is helping it do that. As paintball players or just people who like paintball on sup air fields or in the woods. support paintball and by doing so suport yourself. It doesnt have to be all or nothing us or them we all play paintball we all like it find a way to get behind that or go and be bitter some where else. maybe under water basket weaving it competitive but no so much that you cant handle it.
This is the truth. At the end of a practice day, what do you think about? Money? Time? Travel? You think of what needs to be fixed and which dude's head you blew off. At the end of the day, your a player that loves the sport.

Money has always been a huge topic on the nation. No matter how much which league charges, there is ALWAYS somebody right there complaining about the prices. Everybody should know that it cost money to play tounrey ball, it always has. Im just glad that the USPL put something together in such a short time.
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2009, 11:12 AM #23
spiderjt

has been a member for 10 years
spiderjt donated to help Peyton Trent
spiderjt owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Im just glad that the USPL put something together in such a short time.
Not just in such a short time but also in such a crappie economic time! This show the dedication and determination of those involved!

XSV
Oakland Blast
spiderjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:34 PM #24
FragBallr
Brody Mayse

FragBallr plays in the USPL
FragBallr plays in the APPA D4 division
^
Agreed!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:27 PM #25
JRM
WEAR IT!

Annual Supporting Member
JRM is a Supporting Member
JRM is a founding member
JRM is a Professional paintball player
JRM plays in the PSP
JRM plays in the APPA Pro division
JRM supports Empire
Everything costs money... everything... and it will only progress. The sooner you accept it and make arrangements to counter that fact, the better off you'll be.
JRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:21 PM #26
SECTION245

I dont think anyone can complain about prices until theyve lived in Hawaii. We pay some of the highest prices for paint. Kind of sad to hear people complaining of entry fee prices and other pricese. We pay an average of $1000 for our plan tickets to fly to Huntington. Another $700 for our rental van, and another $500 for our hotel rooms. Now multiply that by 8 players. We pay this much because we love to play paintball. Please tell me if any of you pay more than $2000 per person to play an event.
SECTION245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:30 PM #27
~OA-Soldier~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTION245 View Post
I dont think anyone can complain about prices until theyve lived in Hawaii. We pay some of the highest prices for paint. Kind of sad to hear people complaining of entry fee prices and other pricese. We pay an average of $1000 for our plan tickets to fly to Huntington. Another $700 for our rental van, and another $500 for our hotel rooms. Now multiply that by 8 players. We pay this much because we love to play paintball. Please tell me if any of you pay more than $2000 per person to play an event.
$700 for a rental van? My good sir, this could be greatly reduced.
$500 for hotels? I surely hope you do not mean per person. If so, pent house suits are not the way to go. =]

All in all, I respect your dedication and love for the game. Feel free to PM me to help you find better ways of saving more money.
~OA-Soldier~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:38 PM #28
SECTION245

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~OA-Soldier~ View Post
$700 for a rental van? My good sir, this could be greatly reduced.
$500 for hotels? I surely hope you do not mean per person. If so, pent house suits are not the way to go. =]

All in all, I respect your dedication and love for the game. Feel free to PM me to help you find better ways of saving more money.
These prices are for the entire week. From monday thru the next monday. So if you know how we can get a 15 passenger van for cheaper with insurance, hotel rooms cheaper for 7 nights 6 days, please let me know. We dont spend $1000 on plane tickets to stay only for 4 days. It just doesnt seem practical. No one in their right mind would pay $1000 to fly to california, only to stay friday - sunday.
SECTION245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:27 PM #29
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
Renting a house for your team for that week is one way to save money.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:54 PM #30
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by FragBallr View Post
This is the truth. At the end of a practice day, what do you think about? Money? Time? Travel? You think of what needs to be fixed and which dude's head you blew off. At the end of the day, your a player that loves the sport.
sadly, this mentality is lost on many tournament players. It used to be all about fun, then somewhere someone suggested you had to get serious to win... commitment is important... FUN, HEART, that's what's important
Old 02-12-2009, 11:51 PM #31
sumorai
FRENCHIE

Annual Supporting Member
sumorai is a Supporting Member
sumorai plays in the PSP
sumorai is playing at Living Legends VII
sumorai supports our troops
sumorai has perfected Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
If it's cheaper than the NPPL was at all, that makes it good for 7man teams. If you want the 7man format to stay alive, then you can support it by playing in this league.

I am not a MacDev tech. Please do not PM me about their products. Click here instead
sumorai is offline   Reply With Quote