Community Focus

Old 02-05-2009, 08:37 PM #1
Bshort
ytinu

Bshort is a Professional paintball player
Bshort5.com updated Super Practice

Super Practice
February 5, 2009

Once again the Super Bowl was upon us and once again we had practice. There hasn’t been a year that I can remember that we didn’t have a scheduled practice on the biggest weekends of football. However, it didn’t really bother me this time, because we would be playing Dynasty both Saturday and Sunday on the Phoenix field layout. This was a great opportunity to get the year started in a right way and a chance to play against the best team in the world. When you play teams like Dynasty you really have to fight for every inch, move, and kill. One little mistake and you will find yourself watching from the sidelines. For anybody that loves to play paintball, this weekend is truly pure bliss.

Earlier in the week I received news that another major change has occurred within the team. We would be dropping Marcello Margott and be picking up Jon Richardson. At first I was a little concerned about changing the roster after another championship win, but then I soon realized it was in the best interest in the team. A lot of successful teams in the past have become complacent and don’t adjust with the times. Nobody on the team has a guaranteed spot and everybody needs to work hard and earn there keep. I know that I’ve already become more motivated to keep my spot and help the team to continue to win. Plus Jon Richardson is one of the smartest and most talented players in paintball. He will make a huge impact on the team and only help us become stronger.

The practice was exactly how I imagined it, passionate. Both teams wanted to learn the field, but at the same time both teams wanted to win. We played a total of four matches between the two days. The first match Dynasty absolutely dominated from start to finish. They couldn’t miss and just like usual, we came out slow. This has been one of our major problems in the past. In any case, we didn’t let one lost at practice get us scrambled. We figured out what Dynasty was doing right and we countered it. The second match was back and forth the entire time. Somewhere along the game the score was lost and nobody was exactly sure on who won (Of course I thought we did). The first day was over and I felt we had a very productive day. Sunday would be a true contest and probably the most important day before we head into Arizona.

Sunday brought clear skies, a hot sun, and super competitive paintball. We got to the field early and got ready quickly. The practice would be cut short, so we could all rush home and watch the Super Bowl. On a side note, Johnny Perchak is now playing with Dynasty and it was a little odd to be playing against him. Johnny is a phenomenal player and shot me a few times throughout the weekend! It was pretty apparent that we learned from our mistakes on Saturday and had come to play on Sunday. We won both matches and in my opinion we truly have a good grasp of the field layout. I also know that Dynasty does as well. After practice we all ran home and most of the Dynasty and Ironmen guys watched the game at Ryan Greenspan’s house. It was a great weekend!

There’s going to be one weekend off, another practice, and then the Phoenix Open. I can’t wait for the first game horn to go off!

- Brandon Short
Bshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2009, 08:47 PM #2
bshort524
All Grey! Sweatsuit!

bshort524 supports Cereal Killerz 2
bshort524 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bshort524 supports Team VICIOUS
bshort524 plays in the APPA D3 division
another quality post brandon
(i didnt steal your nickname by the way haha people have been calling me bshort since 1998 or around then)

glad to hear alot of the pro teams have been gutting it out to prepare for phoenix. good luck to you guys, i'm sure we'll all hear about you guys making a fuss in the finals
Team No Name Kids #3
PPTF
Matt's Outback
Kee/Empire
Raza Paintball
bshort524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:47 PM #3
knuffik

Just gotta say it, one of the best posts I've ever read!
This is why I love paintball; friendship, pride, glory, dedication and respect.

Hope I'll get to shoot you in Norway this season too .

Last edited by knuffik : 02-07-2009 at 01:22 PM.
knuffik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:00 PM #4
Johnny_Dynasty
Please don't put mod here unless you are one.

Johnny_Dynasty is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Johnny_Dynasty is a Professional paintball player
Love you BROTT! Thanks for taking it easy on me that weekend!
Johnny_Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote