PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-08-2009, 03:27 PM #1
bcfan25
whatever.

bcfan25 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Questions for D-Day

I have a couple questions as I was thinking of attending 2009 Oklahoma D-Day. I was also thinking of Invasion of Normandy, but i'm not looking to make a comparison thread.

As far as cost goes, i'm aware its 65 for paint and 70 for registration. I have an Ego and am a speedball player so I tend to shoot a good amount, but not just empty pods like its going out of style. How much paint do you think will be needed (How much do you shoot if your the same type player?)? I was thinking along the lines of 2-3 cases.

Another thing is that I see it is a week long event and i'm curious how many different games there are and when is the "main-event" type game if there is one?

One more question I was wondering was how do I find information on individual battalions/squads/units. I was considering the 82nd or 101st Airborne, 1st Infantry Division, and the Rangers. I'm aware that special units require better physical conditioning because of more moving etc. Was definitely considering Allied units over Axis but feel free to respond you Axis players.

Any response would be appreciated. I'm looking for personal information, experiences. Not something on a website (i'm aware of the Oklahoma D-Day website).

Thanks
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2009, 11:53 PM #2
B. Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfan25 View Post
I have a couple questions as I was thinking of attending 2009 Oklahoma D-Day. I was also thinking of Invasion of Normandy, but i'm not looking to make a comparison thread.

As far as cost goes, i'm aware its 65 for paint and 70 for registration. I have an Ego and am a speedball player so I tend to shoot a good amount, but not just empty pods like its going out of style. How much paint do you think will be needed (How much do you shoot if your the same type player?)? I was thinking along the lines of 2-3 cases.

Another thing is that I see it is a week long event and i'm curious how many different games there are and when is the "main-event" type game if there is one?

One more question I was wondering was how do I find information on individual battalions/squads/units. I was considering the 82nd or 101st Airborne, 1st Infantry Division, and the Rangers. I'm aware that special units require better physical conditioning because of more moving etc. Was definitely considering Allied units over Axis but feel free to respond you Axis players.

Any response would be appreciated. I'm looking for personal information, experiences. Not something on a website (i'm aware of the Oklahoma D-Day website).

Thanks
Alright man, I am going to answer your questions to the best of my abilities, here we go.

First off read this: http://www.ddayadventurepark.com/forums/faq.php
It is the page for the FAQ and will answer almost all of your questions. I also play speedball and woodsball. I have a Bob Long Vice and am planning for 4-5 cases but I will be playing every mini-game. Will you?

I went 1st ID last year and am doing the same this year. The reason why is because going up that hill with 200+ Germans aiming down on you tends to get the adrenaline pumping. It is truly a battle and you have to fight for every inch you gain, but you feel rewarded for every inch you manage to take. Oklahoma D-Day as a whole was the most fun paintballing I have ever had, and probably one of the best times I've had EVER. All I can say is if you come down you better be ready to keep coming down year after year after year!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:09 AM #3
dorsai

dorsai posts videos on PbNation
Speaking about D-Day, someone said he'd hear it was an
event that you just had to attend. Someone corrected
him by saying that who ever told him that forgot to also
tell him that once he came, he'd also have to return
again and again. You've been warned..

Sincerely,
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
Old 02-09-2009, 03:02 PM #4
bcfan25
whatever.

Thanks for the responses, and most likely, it would only be for the weekend (Friday-Sunday). I can't miss a whole week of school unfourtanately.

I was considering the "Big Red 1" as one of my first choices too. I'm aware of many of their accomplishments. A truly great division. Is there any more info you could provide on what you did? (Besides storming the beaches)

And anyone from the 101st or 82nd Airborne division if you have any info on those divisions it'd be appreciated.

Thanks guys.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:07 PM #5
dorsai

dorsai posts videos on PbNation
I've passed your request along to three people who are
better qualified than I to answer your questions. If you
don't hear back in the next day or so, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
Old 02-10-2009, 05:28 PM #6
bcfan25
whatever.

EDIT: I got a PM from Mooks on the D-Day forums and a 1st ID discussion invite.

Thanks dorsai.

Last edited by bcfan25 : 02-10-2009 at 05:39 PM.