PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 02-05-2009, 06:24 PM #43
junkeezballer01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon101 View Post
how do you keep a team in the game for tournaments. if they are high school students and a player who doesnt have a job yet....... with no parent support
That's real hard to do , someone has to pay for the players , if they have no money for tournys it's real tough to get that kind of money up , if they don't have the support of their parents it's nearly imposible to play tournys with out that 1 play not so bad but awhole team of players like that it's gonna be tough , my suggestion woukd be to get their parents out to the field while you guy practice or take them to a tourny and walk them around explain to them what it is that you are wanting to do present paintball to them as if they are a sponser because basicly they are , you have to have your parents on the same page as you . You have to show them what you will be gaining from playing tourny ball ,you don't want them to think they are just throwing money away
Old 02-05-2009, 07:41 PM #44
OPIE1979
Legion of Doom-GFOA

junkeez, you drive from Kennesaw to Windy hill to play?

If you have a jersey with your name on it, at least pretend you know what you're doing!!

If your mom buys your paint, tell us, and we'll understand immediately.
OPIE1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:57 PM #45
junkeezballer01

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPIE1979 View Post
junkeez, you drive from Kennesaw to Windy hill to play?
Some times I drive some times I ride with some of the players that live in kennesaw or canton and we have players that drive from Kentucky and Bama just about every weekend

Last edited by junkeezballer01 : 02-05-2009 at 08:04 PM. Reason: info
junkeezballer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:05 PM #46
tiny88
Tiny says Boo

to play and be great and to teach other greatness you do what you have to do

I fight for no mans honor, I fight because I choose to stand agasint the inabilites and injustices of a group and fix the wrongs of long ago
tiny88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:12 PM #47
junkeezballer01

Yea this year is gonna be tough on me and the other HSK coaches we have a total of about 30 to 35 players that we are getting ready for tourny ball, they rank any where from none to d2 it's been fun with a few bumps here and there but it's shaping up to be a great year
Old 02-05-2009, 08:14 PM #48
tiny88
Tiny says Boo

sent you a pm coach and i agree all my guys are not ranked but with hard work and heart its gonna be a great season win loose or draw

I fight for no mans honor, I fight because I choose to stand agasint the inabilites and injustices of a group and fix the wrongs of long ago
tiny88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:28 PM #49
overshot01
Social Paintball

overshot01 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
just an observation- paintball programs > paintball teams. i applaud the people in GA that are building programs and not just teams; programs grow paintball, not just compete in tournaments imo.
overshot01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:29 PM #50
yota_oddball

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkeezballer01 View Post
That's real hard to do , someone has to pay for the players , if they have no money for tournys it's real tough to get that kind of money up , if they don't have the support of their parents it's nearly imposible to play tournys with out that 1 play not so bad but awhole team of players like that it's gonna be tough , my suggestion woukd be to get their parents out to the field while you guy practice or take them to a tourny and walk them around explain to them what it is that you are wanting to do present paintball to them as if they are a sponser because basicly they are , you have to have your parents on the same page as you . You have to show them what you will be gaining from playing tourny ball ,you don't want them to think they are just throwing money away
Well my team started with 4 high school students in which none of the parents paid and 1 guy working to support his family and play paintball. We have basically been through it all with the money deal. This is to the dragon guy by the way. Its was hard being 17 and starting and tournament team with no experience and no help. We first played at Hot Shots but mainly didn't have money to drive that far so we found a local field and then we later moved to dans. Money, our first season was terrible. We had to bail a teammate out of jail for $200 of our earnings the day before a tourney. We then knew it was going to be impossible without getting off our ***** and getting help. We were going to sell candy at our highschool, hold car washes and much more just to get by. Oh and practice was terrible. The whole team would buy one case and practice with it but we were out every weekend. Thats how broke we were. This is just a small percentage of the problems we had however even with all the problems such as team jumpers, money, and etc we had heart for the game. We one the GPPS in our division in 2007 and placed decent in D4 cup that year (the team was only six months old at this time). This past season we won CFOA overall aswell as 12th at cup. IT is possible if you heart and passion for the game and not only that but have fun with it aswell. I think a big problem with younger teams D3 and under is that they try too hard and focus on the game rather than having fun. Trust me we learned this the hard way!!!

Sorry to preach but thought it may help some new teams!!!!

Last edited by yota_oddball : 02-05-2009 at 08:31 PM.
yota_oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:16 PM #51
bluekoii
HOSTiLE ASiANz

GJ yota, i had similar issues last season, we did horrible our first 2 events then gradually got better throughout the season, we had the heart for it no doubt but it wasnt fun. A few people dropped and we picked up some people and got back into having fun again ended up finishing top 20 in CFOA and played cup for the first time and got 24th,
RAWRR !!

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3730988
bluekoii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:40 PM #52
yota_oddball

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekoii View Post
GJ yota, i had similar issues last season, we did horrible our first 2 events then gradually got better throughout the season, we had the heart for it no doubt but it wasnt fun. A few people dropped and we picked up some people and got back into having fun again ended up finishing top 20 in CFOA and played cup for the first time and got 24th,
Yeah thanks man. I think we played you guys a couple of events. Hey you cant beat that. 24th for the first time. That killed our first time at cup. Yep having fun is the key to paintball. I love to shoot steve aka angry budah in the face. IT gives me a laugh. Oh and our fights we get in every sunday
ReplyRegional Ups