PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-25-2009, 12:13 AM #1
Bshort
ytinu

Bshort is a Professional paintball player
Bshort5.com updated Here We Go Again

Itís been six weeks since the 2008 season ended and the Ironmen and I are already preparing for the PSPís first tournament of the year held in Phoenix, Arizona. The off season pretty much doesnít exist in paintball. However, the short break has come with a lot of big changes. In my previous journal I spoke about how the rosters would be cut down from 12 players to 8 players. It was very apparent when I showed up to practice this last weekend that changes had been made. The Ironmenís 2009 roster now consist of 8 players which will be Oliver Lang, Billy Wing, Scott Kemp, Nicky Cuba, Marcello Margott, Mike Paxton, Mikko Huttunen, and myself. Xalo Almeida will be missing a good amount of the season due to some conflicting scheduling, but should be returning midseason. Another huge change is that Shane Pestana will no longer be coaching us.

Since 2004 Shane Pestana has been my paintball coach and more importantly my friend. Shane is the definition of heart and everything positive that the Ironmen represent. He has had a major part in turning this team around from a few years ago. Itís definitely going to be impossible to replace Shane, but I think the team is mature enough to push forward and have another triumphant year. The fact that we had to let players go after a championship season is very hard to swallow, but itís something that had to happen. Iím sure were not the only team that had to make hard decisions. In 2009 thereís going to be a lot of good players with out a team to play on.

As far as the first practice, everything went off without a hitch. We played the Velocity Wrecking Crew Kids both Saturday and Sunday. It felt really good to be playing with my team again and more importantly to be playing paintball! The field layout has been released for Phoenix, so we got a chance to figure out all the tricks and secrets. It will be very interesting to see how teams play with only 8 players. Typically, teams will have 2 lines that trade off from point to point. This year, players will have to play back to back points, which I love. I think this will play to our advantage as long as we can stay organized.

We have this up coming weekend off, followed by two more practices, and then itís off to the first official tournament. With only four PSP events this season, itís going to be very critical that we perform at every tournament or else we could find ourselves at the bottom of the barrel.

Only the strong will survive in 2009.

-Brandon Short.
Bshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:24 AM #2
amargio
REAL JOIN DATE FEB 2001

wow B.Short...you just gave a very nice overall insight to my favorite team. all i can say is you guys are the best and you will prevail in 2009 !!
Old 01-25-2009, 02:56 AM #3
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Hell yes.

3peat FTW!!!

"He who knows how will always work for he who knows why." - DLR

ďThe moths & atheists are doubly divine & dyingĒ - Jim Morrison
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:01 AM #4
poomanchew
coming in hot

poomanchew owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
poomanchew posts videos on PbNation
man u guys are gunna roll cant wait to see u guys beat people down
AC:417
G.I. Kick'n Planet Eclipse Yip!
AC:402.com
poomanchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:17 PM #5
blackmag
Carlton

blackmag is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
blackmag plays in the APPA D3 division
blackmag supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshort View Post

Only the strong will survive in 2009.

-Brandon Short.
quote of the year
Old 02-03-2009, 11:27 PM #6
ezeMini7
dbskidz.blogspot.com

ezeMini7 is a Professional paintball player
ezeMini7 plays in the PSP
ezeMini7 plays in the APPA Semi Pro division
too bad marcello is playing with aftermath...

V A N C O U V E R | S A C R A M E N T O
V E N D E T T A | D M G

DBS Paintball | DLX Technology |Empire Paintball | | Bragg Creek Paintball
Graham Arnold
ezeMini7 is offline   Reply With Quote