Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-31-2009, 06:20 PM #1
DonF

Standard Promaster LPR screw = FS Stubby LPR??

Messing around to see if I could get the "cone" Lpr adjustment screw off the 04 FS.
Pulled a LPR screw and spring off a an 04 b2k to compare to the 04 FS
1st thing I notice is that the b2k spring is the same height as the fs spring with the brass disk. So far so good, now the b2k screw will thread into the FS lpr but runs out of threads. So using that screw will require a small amount of time in the lathe, to shorten it. Ok but not ideal.
Noticed that some are using the FS LPR "cones" screw on PM's. So checking part numbers looks like the standard PM has a different part number than the B2k4. Can anyone measure the depth of the standard PM LPR screw?

Ps will not need the black FS "cone" and spring one way or the other if it catches your eye.
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2009, 07:08 PM #2
zachsdad86

You could also mill down the cone quite a bit so you can still use the set screw adjustment. i will check my PM for you.

ICDO

For God does speak—now one way, now another—though no one perceives it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they slumber in their beds, he may speak in their ears and terrify them with warnings Job 33:14-16
zachsdad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:10 PM #3
zachsdad86

17/32"

ICDO

For God does speak—now one way, now another—though no one perceives it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they slumber in their beds, he may speak in their ears and terrify them with warnings Job 33:14-16
Old 01-31-2009, 07:11 PM #4
zachsdad86

and... I could probably use the cone.

ICDO

Old 01-31-2009, 08:10 PM #5
DonF

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsdad86 View Post
17/32"
TY for the info -pretty much the same as the b2k looks like I will have to go hunting for some brass or aluminum sheet so as not to ding the threads when turning it down In the lathe.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:41 PM #6
knkilla22

CP reg
knkilla22 is offline   Reply With Quote