Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2009, 07:22 PM #1
GO_HURRiCANES!!!!
Munro & Co.
 
GO_HURRiCANES!!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
So, anyone want to respond?

I have been hearing all of these people that have never even seen the team play say the are "The most dedicated team there is" and all of that. I don't think dedication is something that is comparable between two different teams, it's not like I can see a dedication rating like this is Madden or something. What I'm saying is, you CAN'T just go out and say things they seem dedicated because they are happy for being pro- because who wouldn't be? I understand that they have this intense hell week thing, but as far as I can see they've only done that for the past 3 months at the most, right? I just don't see how you- someone that hasn't seen them play in person-you are only basing you opinion of what people are saying on the internet- can give them such a huge complement as of right now. I'd like to see how they handle the long haul of the season before I throw out things like calling them the most dedicated team there is.

I'm very happy we have a pro team out of the bay, I am in no way hating on the team. I just want to get an understanding of what these people on the internet are basing their compliments off of.

P.S. there's a difference between people that live across the country judging them-people that have never seen them play-and people that have played with them and such.
__________________
MUNRO '16

Moral
Unifying
Noble
Responsible
Optimistic

Last edited by GO_HURRiCANES!!!! : 02-03-2009 at 07:25 PM.
GO_HURRiCANES!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2009, 07:29 PM #2
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT
 
Explicit#23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Francisco
Explicit#23 is a Professional paintball player
Explicit#23 plays in the USPL
Explicit#23 supports Pev's Paintball
Explicit#23 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by GO_HURRiCANES!!!! View Post
I have been hearing all of these people that have never even seen the team play say the are "The most dedicated team there is" and all of that. I don't think dedication is something that is comparable between two different teams, it's not like I can see a dedication rating like this is Madden or something. What I'm saying is, you CAN'T just go out and say things they seem dedicated because they are happy for being pro- because who wouldn't be? I understand that they have this intense hell week thing, but as far as I can see they've only done that for the past 3 months at the most, right? I just don't see how you- someone that hasn't seen them play in person-you are only basing you opinion of what people are saying on the internet- can give them such a huge complement as of right now. I'd like to see how they handle the long haul of the season before I throw out things like calling them the most dedicated team there is.

I'm very happy we have a pro team out of the bay, I am in no way hating on the team. I just want to get an understanding of what these people on the internet are basing their compliments off of.

P.S. there's a difference between people that live across the country judging them-people that have never seen them play-and people that have played with them and such.
GO HURRICANES, dont know who you are so I guess that will have to do.
Since you live in CA, I would like to invite you out not for only 1 weekend (sat & sun) but 2 weekends to grind it out with us at Extreme in Modesto. After that I think you will appreciate it. Actually in a couple of weeks we are doing Part 2 of HELL WEEKEND. I would like to invite you out for that also. Starts 530 am physical condition til 930. Then straight to the field for drills till 3pm. Just send me an email so we can coordinate. explicit@team-explicit.com
__________________
San Francisco EXPLICITRob Montiero#23
*MACDEV*HK ARMY*VIRTUE PAINTBALL*PB FASHION*SOCIAL PAINTBALL*PaintballPhotography.com*PbNation*JSG*TH IRTY FIRST OUTFITTERS PAINTBALL*


Explicit#23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:30 PM #3
GO_HURRiCANES!!!!
Munro & Co.
 
GO_HURRiCANES!!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
I might take you up on that, just so I can judge for myself unlike most on here do.
__________________
MUNRO '16

Moral
Unifying
Noble
Responsible
Optimistic
GO_HURRiCANES!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:36 PM #4
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT
 
Explicit#23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Francisco
Explicit#23 is a Professional paintball player
Explicit#23 plays in the USPL
Explicit#23 supports Pev's Paintball
Explicit#23 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO_HURRiCANES!!!! View Post
I might take you up on that, just so I can judge for myself unlike most on here do.
You should, why would you "might" , come out Feb 21st and 22nd For Hell Weekend at Paul Mendoza's Academy & Extreme Paintball and then on Feb 28and Mar 1st at Modesto again.

Feb 21 & 22 start at 530am sharp and we will be done both days by 4pm
Feb 28 and Mar 1 Start at 8am (1 hour conditioning) before drills both days.
Should be done by 3pm.

Again send me an email explicit@team-explicit.com
I will wait for your email to coordinate
__________________
San Francisco EXPLICITRob Montiero#23
*MACDEV*HK ARMY*VIRTUE PAINTBALL*PB FASHION*SOCIAL PAINTBALL*PaintballPhotography.com*PbNation*JSG*TH IRTY FIRST OUTFITTERS PAINTBALL*


Explicit#23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:38 PM #5
GO_HURRiCANES!!!!
Munro & Co.
 
GO_HURRiCANES!!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
I MIGHT for the same reasons I don't play PB anymore, I'm away at college.
__________________
MUNRO '16

Moral
Unifying
Noble
Responsible
Optimistic
GO_HURRiCANES!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:40 PM #6
OkBaller
Leik OMG
 
OkBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alaskorida
OkBaller plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicit#23 View Post
You should, why would you "might" , come out Feb 21st and 22nd For Hell Weekend at Paul Mendoza's Academy & Extreme Paintball and then on Feb 28and Mar 1st at Modesto again.

Feb 21 & 22 start at 530am sharp and we will be done both days by 4pm
Feb 28 and Mar 1 Start at 8am (1 hour conditioning) before drills both days.
Should be done by 3pm.

Again send me an email explicit@team-explicit.com
I will wait for your email to coordinate
This kid is about to get his *** kicked!!!
OkBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:41 PM #7
NWCD (Banned)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Alaska
Annual Supporting Member
NWCD owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NWCD posts videos on PbNation
NWCD supports Pev's Paintball
NWCD has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
NWCD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
NWCD has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
NWCD has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fly me in and I'll go.
NWCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:42 PM #8
Ionic Moron
Al Gore Raped My Igloo
 
Ionic Moron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 306, Canada
Ionic Moron helped look for balloons
Ionic Moron owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ionic Moron supports Team VICIOUS
I feel this is directed to me. I never said the most dedicated, I said they had the most heart I've ever seen out of any team.
Ionic Moron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:44 PM #9
GO_HURRiCANES!!!!
Munro & Co.
 
GO_HURRiCANES!!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionic Moron View Post
I feel this is directed to me. I never said the most dedicated, I said they had the most heart I've ever seen out of any team.
You among others.

Heart and dedication are pretty much hand and hand.

I just don't think it's fair to judge them without seeing them, and to jusge them so early.

Aftermath has been doing it for longer, a lot of other teams have. It's just not fair to say a young team has more heart for practicing as hard as they are when we haven't even seen them handle a full pro season yet.
__________________
MUNRO '16

Moral
Unifying
Noble
Responsible
Optimistic
GO_HURRiCANES!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:47 PM #10
daworm
Ducks.
 
daworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ
daworm is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkBaller View Post
This kid is about to get his *** kicked!!!
i lol'd at this pathetic comment
daworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:48 PM #11
iRoNiQ
 
 
iRoNiQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
People are so quick to hop on the bandwagon. Wait until the season starts and then we will see what they are made of. All of these keyboard warriors with "Explicit" avatars are just your every-day PbN losers. As for the players on the team, best of luck in the new season. Show us what you've got.
iRoNiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:56 PM #12
th3 FL@$H_69
Jbakess
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 251*860
th3 FL@$H_69 plays in the PSP
th3 FL@$H_69 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNiQ View Post
People are so quick to hop on the bandwagon. Wait until the season starts and then we will see what they are made of. All of these keyboard warriors with "Explicit" avatars are just your every-day PbN losers. As for the players on the team, best of luck in the new season. Show us what you've got.
People need to realize the difference between fanboys, and people who want to see the underdogs succeed. Such as myself . Glad you realized the difference, and didn't post up ignorant statements.

I can't wait to see what Explicit has got. If I'm not mistaken I saw a couple other teams on that Pro list I have never heard of before..
__________________
RollTide
th3 FL@$H_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:57 PM #13
Str8Rider.
I need a tank pm me.
 
Str8Rider.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: six0nine
Rob>this kid.

go out grind it out at hell week with them doubt youll ever want to play paintball again.
Str8Rider. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:58 PM #14
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT
 
Explicit#23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Francisco
Explicit#23 is a Professional paintball player
Explicit#23 plays in the USPL
Explicit#23 supports Pev's Paintball
Explicit#23 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Guys we are not saying that this year or even next we will be a top ranked team. By no means. We understand that we have a long road ahead filled with obstacles. We understand that we must sacrafice and suffer before we can have success....But on that note. If you have any doubt in our dedication or commitment or heart...Please please please come out and I bet your eyes will OPEN real wide. The same invite I have above is open to anyone that has questions regarding the work we have put in, the work we are putting in or the work we will continue to put in. Easy way to get your answers is to come out and "GRIND" with us. Again here is my email explicit@team-explicit.com. Only serious ballers that are interested please email me. Thanks, Rob Montiero. By the way, this is the 4th offer I have put out but still no takers.
__________________
San Francisco EXPLICITRob Montiero#23
*MACDEV*HK ARMY*VIRTUE PAINTBALL*PB FASHION*SOCIAL PAINTBALL*PaintballPhotography.com*PbNation*JSG*TH IRTY FIRST OUTFITTERS PAINTBALL*


Explicit#23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:00 PM #15
GO_HURRiCANES!!!!
Munro & Co.
 
GO_HURRiCANES!!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Rider. View Post
Rob>this kid.

go out grind it out at hell week with them doubt youll ever want to play paintball again.
Like I said, I'm 2.5 hours away.

They could practice as hard as they want for days on end, doesn't show their dedication for four months down the road. I want to see if they can stay the way they are for a full pro season before I throw out the compliments.
__________________
MUNRO '16

Moral
Unifying
Noble
Responsible
Optimistic
GO_HURRiCANES!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:01 PM #16
ipwndu
YES I WILL NOT!
 
ipwndu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: GERMANY!!
ipwndu owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ipwndu supports Team VICIOUS
ipwndu supports DLX Technology
I think in order to judge a team on how much heart and dedication they have, you gotta be on the team or know the team on a personal level.. You can't judge someone by looking at videos or reading up on them... you have to be there for the blood sweat and tears.. All the arguing, fighting, yelling means nothing in the end because ur just pushing each other to be better and in the end the team is still one whole and still loves each other.. Dedication is going that extra mile after practice or before practice doing ur own drills, working out... something you don't see if your reading or our not there.. Heart is something you gotta see for yourself.. When you see someone pushing themself to the limit just to make themselve and their teamates better... you can't see these things if ur not there.. Just my 2 cents
__________________
burp
ipwndu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:01 PM #17
th3 FL@$H_69
Jbakess
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 251*860
th3 FL@$H_69 plays in the PSP
th3 FL@$H_69 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicit#23 View Post
The same invite I have above is open to anyone that has questions regarding the work we have put in, the work we are putting in or the work we will continue to put in. Easy way to get your answers is to come out and "GRIND" with us. Again here is my email explicit@team-explicit.com. Only serious ballers that are interested please email me. Thanks, Rob Montiero. By the way, this is the 4th offer I have put out but still no takers.
I wish I lived near you. I would take up that offer immediately. But Connecticut is too far. Nothing is a better learning experience than getting your *** kicked.
__________________
RollTide
th3 FL@$H_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:02 PM #18
GO_HURRiCANES!!!!
Munro & Co.
 
GO_HURRiCANES!!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicit#23 View Post
Guys we are not saying that this year or even next we will be a top ranked team. By no means. We understand that we have a long road ahead filled with obstacles. We understand that we must sacrafice and suffer before we can have success....But on that note. If you have any doubt in our dedication or commitment or heart...Please please please come out and I bet your eyes will OPEN real wide. The same invite I have above is open to anyone that has questions regarding the work we have put in, the work we are putting in or the work we will continue to put in. Easy way to get your answers is to come out and "GRIND" with us. Again here is my email explicit@team-explicit.com. Only serious ballers that are interested please email me. Thanks, Rob Montiero. By the way, this is the 4th offer I have put out but still no takers.
It seems that you think I am doubting you guys for some reason, as I said many times now, as soon as you and your team proves you can keep it up thought out an entire pro season, you will have props.
__________________
MUNRO '16

Moral
Unifying
Noble
Responsible
Optimistic
GO_HURRiCANES!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:06 PM #19
e_friccero
\_(ツ)_/
 
e_friccero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AK to CA
e_friccero is a Paintball photographer
e_friccero is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
e_friccero is Legendary
e_friccero is Boss
e_friccero is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicit#23 View Post
GO HURRICANES, dont know who you are so I guess that will have to do.
Since you live in CA, I would like to invite you out not for only 1 weekend (sat & sun) but 2 weekends to grind it out with us at Extreme in Modesto. After that I think you will appreciate it. Actually in a couple of weeks we are doing Part 2 of HELL WEEKEND. I would like to invite you out for that also. Starts 530 am physical condition til 930. Then straight to the field for drills till 3pm. Just send me an email so we can coordinate. explicit@team-explicit.com
if i lived in Cali i would be all over this offer
e_friccero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:07 PM #20
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT
 
Explicit#23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Francisco
Explicit#23 is a Professional paintball player
Explicit#23 plays in the USPL
Explicit#23 supports Pev's Paintball
Explicit#23 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by GO_HURRiCANES!!!! View Post
Like I said, I'm 2.5 hours away.

They could practice as hard as they want for days on end, doesn't show their dedication for four months down the road. I want to see if they can stay the way they are for a full pro season before I throw out the compliments.
Hurricanes, just to clarify, we just didn't start working hard since yesterday. We have been doing this now for a year under XSV wing and guidance. They gave us the platform and tools and we are putting it to work....

Again, offer stands open for you to come out. I have set those 2 weekends aside for you. Guess the only way to get them answered is to come out. If 2 weekends is not long enough, I will extend it to a month of free paint and entry for you. This way you can get a good taste of what we are made of. I hope you kindly accept my offer. Heck, I will even by you lunch. If you need the gas money I can extend that to you also. I know how difficult College can be so I am willing to work to fit your schedule
__________________
San Francisco EXPLICITRob Montiero#23
*MACDEV*HK ARMY*VIRTUE PAINTBALL*PB FASHION*SOCIAL PAINTBALL*PaintballPhotography.com*PbNation*JSG*TH IRTY FIRST OUTFITTERS PAINTBALL*


Explicit#23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:09 PM #21
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT
 
Explicit#23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Francisco
Explicit#23 is a Professional paintball player
Explicit#23 plays in the USPL
Explicit#23 supports Pev's Paintball
Explicit#23 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipwndu View Post
I think in order to judge a team on how much heart and dedication they have, you gotta be on the team or know the team on a personal level.. You can't judge someone by looking at videos or reading up on them... you have to be there for the blood sweat and tears.. All the arguing, fighting, yelling means nothing in the end because ur just pushing each other to be better and in the end the team is still one whole and still loves each other.. Dedication is going that extra mile after practice or before practice doing ur own drills, working out... something you don't see if your reading or our not there.. Heart is something you gotta see for yourself.. When you see someone pushing themself to the limit just to make themselve and their teamates better... you can't see these things if ur not there.. Just my 2 cents
Amen buddy!
__________________
San Francisco EXPLICITRob Montiero#23
*MACDEV*HK ARMY*VIRTUE PAINTBALL*PB FASHION*SOCIAL PAINTBALL*PaintballPhotography.com*PbNation*JSG*TH IRTY FIRST OUTFITTERS PAINTBALL*


Explicit#23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump