Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2009, 01:22 AM #253
CaptHowdy
 
 
CaptHowdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: BFE, Ohio
 has been a member for 10 years
CaptHowdy donated to help Peyton Trent
Why all the damn hating? If you like it fine, if not fine. Damn, at least there is a second option to the national circuit now. Can't anyone be happy? It's not like 95% of the posters on this thread are going to play either anyways.
CaptHowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2009, 10:00 AM #254
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler
 
orionz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
orionz06 donated to help Peyton Trent
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
Why all the damn hating? If you like it fine, if not fine. Damn, at least there is a second option to the national circuit now. Can't anyone be happy? It's not like 95% of the posters on this thread are going to play either anyways.
its not a national circuit...
its not a national circuit...
its not a national circuit...
its not a national circuit...
its not a national circuit...
__________________
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
orionz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:24 AM #255
theoreo
 
 
theoreo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: AZ **repin the 623**
 has been a member for 10 years
#1 - Surf City Open Huntington Beach, CA - April 3 – 5
#2 - Washington DC - May 15 – 17
#3 - West Coast - June 12 – 14
#4 - Boston - July 31 – August 2
#5 - West Coast - August 28 – 30
#6 - West Coast - October 2 – 4

Make #5 Chicago then it would be closer to a national league
__________________
FYT
PBWarehouse.net
Arizona Paintball Depot
Dynasty & Shocktech Shockers F/S/T
theoreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:35 AM #256
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler
 
orionz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
orionz06 donated to help Peyton Trent
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
it is a regional california event with 2 dates not held in california...
__________________
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
orionz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:20 AM #257
jshaft37
 
 
jshaft37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
it is a regional california event with 2 dates not held in california...
...and those two dates are literally as far away from the west coast as possible
jshaft37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:05 PM #258
bigballsofpaint
 
 
bigballsofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: CT
 has been a member for 10 years
bigballsofpaint plays in the PSP
bigballsofpaint owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bigballsofpaint plays in the APPA D4 division
ya it looks like west coast has 3 events, maybe do a chicago event and then youd have 2 west, 2 east, 1 mid. along with the famous HB
__________________
- Exile -
Im not a gun whore, im a collector, i swear....too bad im thinning the collection
P.E.- Stormtrooper Geo+ w/ Acid trigger,POPs -- 06 nexus stormtrooper ego, ti,vp--
A.P.S. --Rage A1, rage stiffi,3 piece eyes, magno kit -05 Speed- Bonzai Eclipse LED with Virtue
Misc -- Spanky Fishbone cocker -Empire Tracer --
Old GunsEclipse angle LED, 2x Angel LED, 06 Ego, Adrenaline Angel LCD, Stormtrooper Geo, Excaliber, Shocker 4x4
bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:08 PM #259
Utpbmom
 
 
Utpbmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Utpbmom is an Premier field/store owner
They made it very clear from the beginning that this first year would be primarily west coast, with next year expanding to include venues further east.

Since it is a brand new league, and securing venues takes months of negotiations, it would be ridiculous to expect them to instantly be everywhere.

My suggestion would be to give them a chance to either succeed or fail before you bash them.

They are obviously doing something that none of us has the means or the courage to do.
Utpbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:51 PM #260
ZenMike
OX AGGRSSN
 
ZenMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lancaster, PA
ZenMike plays in the USPL
ZenMike plays in the PSP
ZenMike supports our troops
ZenMike plays in the APPA D4 division
Tom is a guy that knows how to make things happen. They've put together a great team and I can't wait to play the first event in April.
ZenMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:52 PM #261
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler
 
orionz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
orionz06 donated to help Peyton Trent
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utpbmom View Post
They made it very clear from the beginning that this first year would be primarily west coast, with next year expanding to include venues further east.

Since it is a brand new league, and securing venues takes months of negotiations, it would be ridiculous to expect them to instantly be everywhere.

My suggestion would be to give them a chance to either succeed or fail before you bash them.

They are obviously doing something that none of us has the means or the courage to do.
yeah, i guess their courage woudlve been useless trying to make the single league we had 2 weeks ago better...




as soon as we got the answer to a single league, these guys screw it up...
__________________
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
orionz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:09 PM #262
PbN_AutoTrader
Your PERSONAL Proshop
 
PbN_AutoTrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Annual Supporting Member
PbN_AutoTrader is BST Legit
PbN_AutoTrader donated to help Peyton Trent
PbN_AutoTrader supports Bob Gurnsey
PbN_AutoTrader supports our troops
PbN_AutoTrader is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
PbN_AutoTrader is Legendary
PbN_AutoTrader supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
yeah, i guess their courage woudlve been useless trying to make the single league we had 2 weeks ago better...




as soon as we got the answer to a single league, these guys screw it up...
Answer to a single league?

Yea that's really intelligent.

Monopoly.

Then a "company" can charge whatever they want because they have no competition.

USPL
__________________
_★_The Other Athlete_★_ home of_★_Paintball Trader Worldwide_★_
_Bob Long VIS__Luxe 2.0__VANQUISH__DEFENDER__DAM__DM14_&_MORE
*click here*For Sale or Trade!!*click here*
Contact ME (Michael) Direct ANYtime (24/7)
Call/Text 504-669-2298
michael@theotherathlete.com
www.paintballtraderworldwide.com www.theotherathlete.com
PbN_AutoTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:25 PM #263
bigballsofpaint
 
 
bigballsofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: CT
 has been a member for 10 years
bigballsofpaint plays in the PSP
bigballsofpaint owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bigballsofpaint plays in the APPA D4 division
for the people *****ing about omg they messed up it finally being a single league. Go somewhere else, i would much rather play 7 man than xball. and with the changes to xball this year, im glad the uspl stepped up. Its not like there is one format to paintball, if that were the case a single league might be fine.
__________________
- Exile -
Im not a gun whore, im a collector, i swear....too bad im thinning the collection
P.E.- Stormtrooper Geo+ w/ Acid trigger,POPs -- 06 nexus stormtrooper ego, ti,vp--
A.P.S. --Rage A1, rage stiffi,3 piece eyes, magno kit -05 Speed- Bonzai Eclipse LED with Virtue
Misc -- Spanky Fishbone cocker -Empire Tracer --
Old GunsEclipse angle LED, 2x Angel LED, 06 Ego, Adrenaline Angel LCD, Stormtrooper Geo, Excaliber, Shocker 4x4
bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:36 PM #264
PaInTbAlLeR91
Witty User Title
 
PaInTbAlLeR91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: So Cal/562
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballsofpaint View Post
for the people *****ing about omg they messed up it finally being a single league. Go somewhere else, i would much rather play 7 man than xball. and with the changes to xball this year, im glad the uspl stepped up. Its not like there is one format to paintball, if that were the case a single league might be fine.
.
PaInTbAlLeR91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:55 PM #265
PBClubDude
Patrol For Life!
 
PBClubDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bay Area
PBClubDude plays in the USPL
PBClubDude owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PBClubDude plays in the APPA D5 division
Multi format sports work. It has been proven time and time again. Instead of complaining, how about simply ignoring it and moving on to what you like?

Personally I think it would be cool if they took the champs from both leagues and had a tourney to see who is the best. Like with baseball's National and American leagues. You play a set of games in each format to determine the best of the best. And no, I do not think you can play in both leagues. You pick one or the other and play it to the end. This will create rivalry, and interest in the game. Something we really need right now. Americans love a good rivalry, and an underdog. With the way it is now that will never happen.
__________________
CuttingEdgePaintball.com
176 Race Street
San Jose, CA 95126
Phone: 408-295-9015
SantaClaraPaintball.com San Jose, CA BigRedPhotography.net and USPN.BIZ Hollister, CA
PBClubDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:06 PM #266
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler
 
orionz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
orionz06 donated to help Peyton Trent
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbN_AutoTrader View Post
Answer to a single league?

Yea that's really intelligent.

Monopoly.

Then a "company" can charge whatever they want because they have no competition.

USPL
The answer to a single league that would allow the sport to grow... and with the many other regional leagues, i dont see how the PSP would become a monopoly... does that make the NBA a monopoly? And as far as charging what they want, yes, although the kids playing would dwindle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballsofpaint View Post
for the people *****ing about omg they messed up it finally being a single league. Go somewhere else, i would much rather play 7 man than xball. and with the changes to xball this year, im glad the uspl stepped up. Its not like there is one format to paintball, if that were the case a single league might be fine.
Well, you have given the opportunity for me to elaborate on a single league... the PSP shouldve recognized the sudden need for 7 man teams to play, and quickly snatched the teams up and get everything under one system...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBClubDude View Post
Multi format sports work. It has been proven time and time again. Instead of complaining, how about simply ignoring it and moving on to what you like?

Personally I think it would be cool if they took the champs from both leagues and had a tourney to see who is the best. Like with baseball's National and American leagues. You play a set of games in each format to determine the best of the best. And no, I do not think you can play in both leagues. You pick one or the other and play it to the end. This will create rivalry, and interest in the game. Something we really need right now. Americans love a good rivalry, and an underdog. With the way it is now that will never happen.
yes, that would be nice, although there is a format difference to overcome. if that were taken car of by some means, this would be a step closer to cooperation/unification that benefitted the players and organizing bodies...
__________________
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
orionz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:15 AM #267
player12345
ICE WHAT??
 
player12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NJ
 has been a member for 10 years
player12345 plays in the PSP
player12345 plays in the APPA D2 division
player12345 supports DLX Technology
Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
The answer to a single league that would allow the sport to grow... and with the many other regional leagues, i dont see how the PSP would become a monopoly... does that make the NBA a monopoly? And as far as charging what they want, yes, although the kids playing would dwindle...



Well, you have given the opportunity for me to elaborate on a single league... the PSP shouldve recognized the sudden need for 7 man teams to play, and quickly snatched the teams up and get everything under one system...



yes, that would be nice, although there is a format difference to overcome. if that were taken car of by some means, this would be a step closer to cooperation/unification that benefitted the players and organizing bodies...


So all the teams that want to play 7 man should just not play anymore, that doesn't help the economy. Our Organization spent $38,000 last year on entry fees alone. Thats out of our (Tom) pockets no sponsor gave cash. Want to know how much we (Tom) spent for the year, its over $250,000, The man is passionate about his teams and the sport so he wanted a spot where the teams wanted to play thus his startup along with bart, Chuck, Camille, Rich and 15 other pro owners of the USPL. Was there a spot offered to us in the PSP early on, the answer is no so we wanted play paintball and thus this is where we will play along with some other leagues. USPL, AXBL. millenium and a few PSP probably.
__________________
*********TONY "ICE" SAVAGE*********
**********THE PLAYGROUND*********
"PUTTING THEM IN THE SANDBOX ONE AT A TIME"
player12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:22 AM #268
orionz06
Turtle Wrangler
 
orionz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Annual Supporting Member
orionz06 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
orionz06 donated to help Peyton Trent
orionz06 is an NCPA player
orionz06 is Immortal
orionz06 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by player12345 View Post
So all the teams that want to play 7 man should just not play anymore, that doesn't help the economy. Our Organization spent $38,000 last year on entry fees alone. Thats out of our (Tom) pockets no sponsor gave cash. Want to know how much we (Tom) spent for the year, its over $250,000, The man is passionate about his teams and the sport so he wanted a spot where the teams wanted to play thus his startup along with bart, Chuck, Camille, Rich and 15 other pro owners of the USPL. Was there a spot offered to us in the PSP early on, the answer is no so we wanted play paintball and thus this is where we will play along with some other leagues. USPL, AXBL. millenium and a few PSP probably.
well then that would leave fault on the PSP as well, as previously mentioned... is it great that you have the backing and support? yes.

bring the league near me, ill probably go (DC)
__________________
Penn State Paintball, Alumni #38
☆☆☆ The Departed© #38 ☆☆☆
Erie Fusion (original) #38

"Should you covet what you cannot afford. Maketh more money."
orionz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:19 AM #269
danbob1088
succisa virescit
 
danbob1088's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
 has been a member for 10 years
danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
The answer to a single league that would allow the sport to grow... and with the many other regional leagues, i dont see how the PSP would become a monopoly... does that make the NBA a monopoly? And as far as charging what they want, yes, although the kids playing would dwindle...
I am sick of hearing people use professional sports as a comparison to paintball events.

A professional sports league is just that - a PROFESSIONAL league.

A paintball event hosts everything from a somewhat low level (D4-D5) to pros. It is a COMPLETELY different setup, our "sport" is completely different from the NBA, MLB, NFL, etc.

Their leagues are for their pros and are based on entertainment only. Paintball events are entirely for the player, because quite honestly, thats where their money is.

Professional leagues, their money is in the spectator.

This isn't an attack, I'm just saying I've heard that arguement too many times.
__________________

flickr

Last edited by danbob1088 : 01-25-2009 at 01:34 AM.
danbob1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:20 AM #270
WarpedGreg
EXALT
 
WarpedGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
WarpedGreg plays in the PSP
WarpedGreg has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
WarpedGreg is an NCPA player
WarpedGreg plays in the APPA D2 division
it really should be that we play for "glory" and maybe even at the end of the year the top teams get a discount for the next season. if we didn't have these huge prizes then the costs would go down. case and point the AXBL and CXBL are thriving on the original xball format and i hope that the league spreads outwards.

as for the uspl... will it be the original 7man rules or not? if it was a millenium style format i think it would be fun
__________________
Florida Atlantic University Alumni
How To Play Paintball
For beginner to intermediate players looking to improve their game!
Inception Paintball
WarpedGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:42 PM #271
udflyer (Banned)
 
udflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 937
and again the northern states get ****ed
udflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:48 PM #272
P4IN7 B4LLS
FARSIDE KIDS // HELLCATS
 
P4IN7 B4LLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SoMich
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the USPL
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the PSP
P4IN7 B4LLS is an NCPA player
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the APPA D4 division
from what i've heard the rulebook will practically be the EXACT same as the nppl's. i'm sure there will be a few changes, but expect the same.
__________________
BEEBSAUCE - SOMICH ARMY

FEEDBACK / 100% Positive
P4IN7 B4LLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:49 PM #273
Protoballer89
Taylor Gang or Die
 
Protoballer89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Amazing
__________________
You gas up the marker, put on the mask, and walk onto the field. It doesn't matter that you failed a test, didn't get the girl, or got a ticket on the way there. This is your heaven on earth. Live it, love it, play it.

"Originally posted by _FreshPaint_: I love you and your sig."

"Originally posed by PbNation:This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 34 seconds."
Protoballer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups


Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump