Old 01-18-2009, 03:45 PM #1
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seaneady plays in the APPA D4 division
seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Need a little help

I am trying to help out a friend who is trying to convert a trilogy select fire with the electronic frame to a pump. He bought the pmp pump kit wich fits fine , but eliminates the air to the solinoid in the frame that releases the sear to fire the marker. Just wanted to know if anyone has done this or if it can be done at all with this frame. Are there any mechanical frames that will fit the trilogy ? Thanks for your help.

Florida Shakedown
seaneady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2009, 04:31 PM #2
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

has been a member for 10 years
The noid in the frame doesn't use air to release the hammer. It's an electro-mechanical "pancake" noid. Just put the pump kit on and it'll work.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:35 PM #3
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

Pretty sure its air operated by the air line that is in the bottom of the noid. Pump kit is on and it will not fire. By looking down in the frame i can see how it works. Does anyone know the operating pressure of the noid used in these. I am woundering if i could just tap a pressure fitting into the side of the body to supply air to the noid ?

Florida Shakedown
Old 01-18-2009, 04:46 PM #4
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaneady View Post
Pretty sure its air operated by the air line that is in the bottom of the noid. Pump kit is on and it will not fire. By looking down in the frame i can see how it works. Does anyone know the operating pressure of the noid used in these. I am woundering if i could just tap a pressure fitting into the side of the body to supply air to the noid ?
No, the noid in the frame is not air operated. It's an electro-mechanical solenoid, not an electro-pneumatic. There should be no LP tubing if you took off the pneumatics and replaced them with a pump kit. Post pictures, it sounds like you guys did something wrong.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
Old 01-18-2009, 05:14 PM #5
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

Keep in mind this is a trilogy not a "real" autococker. It does infact use air to operate the sear through this noid. I connected an external air source to it and was able to make it function , now my problem is finding a source of air from the marker to keep pressure to this noid. I dont know what its operating pressure is , so i dont know where on the marker i cant tap.

Florida Shakedown
Old 01-18-2009, 05:23 PM #6
dbkid0486

Annual Supporting Member
hmmm....im almost positive the noid in the frame is not operated by air...wait is there even a noid in the frame? i dont think there is one. it uses a mechanical 3way to operate....its like a mechanical 3 way that is operated by an electronic frame...im actualyl a little confused by it now that im thinking about it...

we'll have ot wait for someone that converted a SF trilogy to a pump wihle still using the stock SF frame....i think most people would swap out the frame, but im not sure if you HAVE to...

ill try and figure it out...id search the trilogy sticky in here or in the wgp forum...i dont know where it is exactly as ive never used it....

ClosedBoltBallers

Last edited by dbkid0486 : 01-18-2009 at 05:26 PM.
dbkid0486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:32 PM #7
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkid0486 View Post
hmmm....im almost positive the noid in the frame is not operated by air...wait is there even a noid in the frame? i dont think there is one. it uses a mechanical 3way to operate....its like a mechanical 3 way that is operated by an electronic frame...im actualyl a little confused by it now that im thinking about it...

we'll have ot wait for someone that converted a SF trilogy to a pump wihle still using the stock SF frame....i think most people would swap out the frame, but im not sure if you HAVE to...

ill try and figure it out...id search the trilogy sticky in here or in the wgp forum...i dont know where it is exactly as ive never used it....
That part i am positive about now. I have connected an air line to it from an outside source and with air pressure to that noid when i pull the trigger the sear moves wich would allow the ram to move. Now i just need to find out if i tap the body above the reg with a pressure fitting , will the noid be able to handle the pressure from the reg. I dont know if the pneumatics that were stock on this marker dropped the reg pressure before it entered the noid or not.

Florida Shakedown
Old 01-18-2009, 06:05 PM #8
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

or you could just put on any other mech frame...
Old 01-18-2009, 06:45 PM #9
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

I don't think you get it, the sear is not actuated by an electro-pneumatic solenoid whether it's a Trilogy or not. The ram is cycled with an electro-pneumatic solenoid and the sear is tripped by a pancake noid. Like I said, post pictures so we can help you. As of now you're simply fighting us and it's kind of annoying since you're clearly wrong.
#12 Italian Baller
-Václav Havel
Old 01-18-2009, 06:57 PM #10
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
I don't think you get it, the sear is not actuated by an electro-pneumatic solenoid whether it's a Trilogy or not. The ram is cycled with an electro-pneumatic solenoid and the sear is tripped by a pancake noid. Like I said, post pictures so we can help you. As of now you're simply fighting us and it's kind of annoying since you're clearly wrong.
Sorry to annoy you , but it is a festo 197003 solinoid. it IS pneumatic. the air pushes a piston up to trip the sear when the trigger is pulled. I'll take pics.

Florida Shakedown
Old 01-18-2009, 07:04 PM #11
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

Quote:
Sorry to annoy you , but it is a festo 197003 solinoid. it IS pneumatic. the air pushes a piston up to trip the sear when the trigger is pulled. I'll take pics.

which is why i suggested to throw a cheap mech frame on it..it should be fairly easy to find one in the bst.

warbeak- the sf frame for the trilly works like the old osiris frames, they dont have a convention sear solenoid like the eblade or sf black magic frames.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:06 PM #12
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

here it is out of the frame.

Florida Shakedown
Old 01-18-2009, 07:10 PM #13
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
which is why i suggested to throw a cheap mech frame on it..it should be fairly easy to find one in the bst.

warbeak- the sf frame for the trilly works like the old osiris frames, they dont have a convention sear solenoid like the eblade or sf black magic frames.
This may be the only solution. I'm not trying to be a jerk guys .... I am just trying to help a kid out who doesn't have much money. Thanks for all your input .

Will any mechanical frame fit on it ? Like this one http://www.actionvillage.com/011-9010-885-2

Florida Shakedown

Last edited by seaneady : 01-18-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:12 PM #14
PeaTear_Griffin
GUNDAMNIT

Annual Supporting Member
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends V
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VI
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VII
PeaTear_Griffin supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
This may be the only solution. I'm not trying to be a jerk guys .... I am just trying to help a kid out who doesn't have much money. Thanks for all your input .

Will any mechanical frame fit on it ? Like this one http://www.actionvillage.com/011-9010-885-2

That frame should work just fine. You might be able to find some older WGP hinge frames on ebay for less(if you want to save more money).
Old 01-18-2009, 09:04 PM #15
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

Well , after a little time and ALOT of effort i got it to work like a champ. I did some searches on the solinoid and found the manufactures specs. It operates at 8 bar or a little less than 100psi. I work on dental pneumatics for a living , so off to my parts i went. Found an external regulator , so i placed a pressure tap in the body just above the main reg , routed that to the external reg i added wich dropped the pressure to 90 psi and then went to the solinoid in the frame. This thing shoots amazing for what it is. Here are some pics. Thanks alot for all the input guys. And to warbeak 2099 i appologise if i was annoying i did not mean to come off like that . Thanks again.

Florida Shakedown
Old 01-18-2009, 09:20 PM #16
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
Ah see I though he had this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...TQ%3AUS%3A1123

Sorry bro, without pics I had no idea what you were talking about. I honestly thought you were trying to tell us that you had a worrframe that tripped the sear pneumatically lol.
#12 Italian Baller
-Václav Havel
Old 01-19-2009, 08:11 PM #17
uberPHAGE 2
better than a macrophage

just asking about trilly pumps in general. do you have to plug the hole for the three way?
uberPHAGE 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:31 PM #18
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

no.

Florida Shakedown
Old 01-20-2009, 03:41 PM #19
dbkid0486

Annual Supporting Member
hmmm, very intuitive of you...i think thats actaully very cool u got it to work like that...

and especially cool you helped a kid in need like that, most of us would have probbably said to buy another frame or it cant be done...you really did him a favor.. my good sir...

ClosedBoltBallers
dbkid0486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:26 PM #20
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkid0486 View Post
hmmm, very intuitive of you...i think thats actaully very cool u got it to work like that...

and especially cool you helped a kid in need like that, most of us would have probbably said to buy another frame or it cant be done...you really did him a favor.. my good sir...
Thank you sir.

Florida Shakedown