PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-16-2009, 08:24 PM #1
bunkrblastr
dream smasher

RPM modification

I hope y'all can help me, I'm sure this is prolly covered in a sticky, but im going cross-eyed from all the reading I've been doing. I'm trying to do an inexpensive mod to my sons rpm. Due to his age (9) he can't really handle the gun with a nitro tank unless I install a drop forward. If I keep the stock reg,on/off asa combo that came with the gun can I install a simple gas through with a vert. adapter to give him something to hold on to? It seems to me in theory that it would be fine since the reg would be before the gas through, I just want a second opinion in case im wrong. I'd hate to blow out all the seals in the gun.
Thank you in advance.

**EDIT** this is a new style rpm
Gold and Black Fusion LE #32/100
14" titanium Dye boomstick
Halo B w/ rip drive
Center Flag 68/4500

Last edited by bunkrblastr : 01-16-2009 at 09:18 PM.
bunkrblastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2009, 09:11 PM #2
Big Evil
SMILING LIKE A KILLER

Yeah as long as you have the stock reg on the grip frame, you're fine. Just make sure you get the right VA. Older style RPMs are metric threaded (like Spyders), newer RPMs have standard threading.

On a side note, good job out of you for getting you son involved. My dad started me in the sport when I was your son's age. 20 years later, I'm still involved. I plan to do the same for my kids.

Ion XE: Custom grip hump, VP Sythe trigger, New Designz 03 Shocker snatch grip, Dust black Warrior feedneck, Hybrid gloss black clamping ring, Evil Detonator reg, CP on/off, CP 14" .689-bore Classic barrel, dust black, Blackheart board, Virtue EZ-On, Virtue eyes, New Designz Pro EQ bolt, Eclipse QEV, Kila magnetic detents, Dye gauges, Hybrid grips, finger pads removed (SPD TonTon Shocker grips in the works)
Big Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:33 AM #3
sandlot1

that will work but....

if the rpm is new style you can upgrade the red without modding a va.
but, for your son that should be fine for now.

good hunting.
Odyssey Legion #8
Black RPM(old style)

rpm owners page
sandlot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:24 AM #4
rpmuser123 (Banned)

After you add a drop forward and want to add a foregrip, you can use any reg/grip with 1/8 NPT threading, but the threads will need to be cut down. IIsports currently has gas through grips for like 4 bucks.
rpmuser123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:17 AM #5
bunkrblastr
dream smasher

thanks for confirming that for me makes me feel better now, and thanks for the tips on what to get and where to look, i'm gonna order that gas thru from I&I and just cut the threads down, i got a tap and die set so cleaning the threads up after the cut wont be an issue. thanks again for the help.
Gold and Black Fusion LE #32/100
14" titanium Dye boomstick
Halo B w/ rip drive
Center Flag 68/4500

bunkrblastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:21 AM #6
frogsaver

lol i wish my dad was into paintball....that would sweet! he would let me buy stuff for my gun then lol
frogsaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:25 PM #7
Villageballer125

So if I were to use the gas thru off of ii sports would it fit right into my new style rpm Rpm or would i have to connect it some how?
Thanks for all advice.
Villageballer125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:11 PM #8
INCONCEIVABLEPB

should work just fine as long as you keep the reg on the bottom and not swap it for a standard asa.
INCONCEIVABLEPB is offline   Reply With Quote