PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-09-2008, 01:13 PM #1
pacos_tacos_88
EGO DESTROYER

smooth promaster

hey, just looking to make my promaster a little bit more air efficient and fire smoother. seeing as haw the ICD up thread is old and filled with dead links...

I heard that the ICDU ram assembly was the go-to upgrade, but seeing as how that's harder to come by than a herpes free hooker. I was wondering what the new goto upgrade was. Have they came out with that clone yet?

Is the empire valve really worth the extra 25 bucks (over the ebay valve)? sorry about the 21 questions here, but I'd love to have this thing cycle like butter. thanks.

and i already have the delrin spike pin which has actually helped in more ways than one.
pacos_tacos_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2008, 03:21 PM #2
Prea

Yea, icdu rammer makes it cycle sooo much smoother. If you really want one, i'd say try to get some diagrams and go to a machine shop, and have them make one for you.

As far as efficiency goes, a new valve will help out quite a lot with that. I wouldn't go with the empire valve because of all of the problems it tends to have. A new lpr and hpr might slightly help efficiency, but probably not by a whole lot, if any.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:52 AM #3
dhbb05
Hehwwahhhh

The lpr will improve your consistency.

CAN TRADE ANY SKATEBOARD BRAND DECK(S) and wheels/trucks/bearings/grip for a new gat! PM ME

FEEDBACK
new feedback
old feedback
dhbb05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:03 AM #4
Prea

Hpr is probably the most beneficial for consistency. But yea a lpr should help with that too.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:44 AM #5
pacos_tacos_88
EGO DESTROYER

thanks for all the help guys! i think i'll go with the ebay valve and a cp reg
Old 07-15-2008, 11:37 AM #6
Prea

eh, i've heard some bad things about the cp reg. It seems to be hit or miss.

I'd either go with an evil detonator, which is only $25, and once it's broken in is extremely consistent.
Or there's the aka sidewinder, but that's about $75
Old 07-19-2008, 04:06 AM #7
Ridge.Raiders

thanks for the tip

B2K PDS
ST Bolt>Dye Grips.
Ridge.Raiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:24 AM #8
pacos_tacos_88
EGO DESTROYER

any other suggestions
Old 11-25-2008, 08:14 AM #9
empire401
jujty

evil detonator
empire401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:41 AM #10
blayz

also the crammer 2.0 that kingsmirf is comin out with i already pre orederd befor they took down the thread heheheh
Old 12-17-2008, 01:48 AM #11
pacos_tacos_88
EGO DESTROYER

Quote:
Originally Posted by blayz View Post
also the crammer 2.0 that kingsmirf is comin out with i already pre orederd befor they took down the thread heheheh
whats this all about?
Old 01-11-2009, 02:40 AM #12
the_only_kris_2003

have you tried the delrin ram and the low blow bolt from alamo city paintball. The lighter ram should smooth things up a bit and the orings on the low blow bolt with solve any blowback issues. Here is a link. http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTPAGES/icd.html
the_only_kris_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:05 AM #13
pacos_tacos_88
EGO DESTROYER

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_only_kris_2003 View Post
have you tried the delrin ram and the low blow bolt from alamo city paintball. The lighter ram should smooth things up a bit and the orings on the low blow bolt with solve any blowback issues. Here is a link. http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTPAGES/icd.html
have not tried it yet, kinda waitin for someone else too. i dont think too much of the low blo bolt tho. i've seen it on a cocker before, pretty bad stuff, imo. idk about the hammer tho, heard a couple good reviews, but nothing definite yet.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:45 AM #14
the_only_kris_2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacos_tacos_88 View Post
have not tried it yet, kinda waitin for someone else too. i dont think too much of the low blo bolt tho. i've seen it on a cocker before, pretty bad stuff, imo. idk about the hammer tho, heard a couple good reviews, but nothing definite yet.
Yeah i think the low blow bolts are hit and miss depends on the gun. Ive used one on a spyder and it worked great. The delrin bolt with orings should help though although you can add orings to the stock bolt if your careful and know what your doing. I am planning on trying the ram not sure it will be any time soon but within the next monty prob.
the_only_kris_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:22 PM #15
Peters1983
OldSkool gun junkie

I own a BKO with quite a few mods done(check sig) best thing I have done so far is tornado valve(e-bay valve seems to be pretty good too) , maddman spring kit, aftermarket regs, and a board for tuning purposes. The mods between the Promaster and BKO are similar. I run aournd 180-200psi at the gauge and get excellent efficiency for the type of gun.

the regular ACP bolt works great as well. The reviews on the low blow seem to be mixed some of them chop and some don't due to the front of the bolt having a bur on it, but that can be fixed if you want to go that route

ACI Hornet converted to bottom line ASA, 14" All-American barrel, benchmark 45 frame, powered by x-board revvy
Peters1983 is offline   Reply With Quote