Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-12-2009, 10:22 PM #1
MCImes

Question Is the Yakuza board the EXACT same size as an e2/zerob? frame mod advice needed

Hello, I have a couple questions.

1.Im going to have a UL frame milled for a yakuza board, but i dont have the board to send along. I have an e1, e2, and zerob board that I could send along to be fit. Will these work? can someone with a Yak and a e2 carefully compare them please?
If he has an e2 to go off of will the Yak fit when i get it?

2.Seperately, Im having a FBM Fierce frame milled for an e2 board for my half'd prostock. What do you guys think i should do about the screen and buttons? The frame has the small hole in the back for a dm5 2 button on/off and eye, but the screen wont line up. it would have to be put on lead wires and a custom plexi window to be used. Has anyone done this? I have a microswitched UTB that could also go in the Fierce, which would be easier, but Id rather have a e2 board.

3. I talked to Moody about it back in the day, but now that hes closed does anyone know someone who would do a Optical --> Microswitch mod? Or what other people have done for getting a trigger to work on a UL frame mod?

Ill get pics soon to show what i have to work with.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
MCImes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2009, 11:39 PM #2
hansolo8221

The best way to get any info on a Tadao is to email them directly, Will at Tadao is usually very quick to return emails. I don't have any boards handy to make comparisons on for you. To my knowledge, E1/ZeroB boards are not the same size as E2's; the LCD screens are slightly different sizes I believe. I'm not sure how the Yakuza OLED screen compares. I would assume it is closest to the E2. Hopefully, someone on here can confirm some of this.

As for the FBM frame, I assume you've seen DOAT's Merlin? He got a Yakuza into his FBM frame, you might ask him for more info on how he exposed the screen.

He would probably also be the one to ask about the board modifications. I believe he modified his Yakuza to accept a microswitch instead of the optical switch. I think he also modified it so that the buttons were relocated to the side in one of the grips, rather then the back of the frame.

You might find that the FBM modifications are easier then the UL ones. I think Blackbean managed to put an Eblade board in a UL, but he had to mill out ALOT of material.
hansolo8221 is offline   Reply With Quote