PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-08-2009, 06:31 PM #1
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

Introducing the MPS Ultimate Ref!

I am proud to announce that starting this 2009 Season, the Midwest Paintball Series has acquired a full time Ultimate Ref that will travel to each event with an attempt to bring more consistency to the Series in regards to the refing. The Ultimate that has taken this position is Tim Schweitzer II. Many of you already know Tim but those that donít, below is a brief bio:

Tim is 32 years old and works full time as a IT Manager/Business Owner. He has been playing paintball for about 13 years and has refed events for over a decade. (That is 10 years for those of you who graduated from any other college than KSU! LOL). Tim starting being a Head Ref for Tornado Alley Paintball back in 2004 where he has been the head ref countless number of events for George including the TAP Indoor events and the Midwest Madness at the Kansas Coliseum. In addition, Tim has been the head reff at the 2005 Collegiate Tourney at Kansas State University and at all the MPS events that TAP has hosted since 2005. Tim has played on teams such as the Black Jokers, Mayhem, A Few Good Men and team F5. Tim is a very polite, friendly and professional person and will treat all players equally.

I feel very confident in my decision to bring Tim on as part of the MPS staff and I think he will be a good asset to the series. Some of Timís duties will include being in charge of overseeing the fieldís refing crew and assist the refs in their positions and will correct any problems of weak-refed areas on the field, handling all the controversial calls that arise on the field, etc.

Tim is very knowledgeable in the MPS rules. In fact, he has been sort of a ďbehind the scenes consultantĒ to me over the past several years for the MPS when new rules are written and current rules revised. Tim has already looked at the 2009 rules and him and I will be getting together very soon to discuss his recommendations and we will then make the 2009 rules available to you players very soon.

KEEP IN MIND! Bringing Tim on board (or anyone else for that matter) will NOT fix all the bad calls that are made on the field at any event. Bad calls suck but they are a fact of life, competitive sports and paintball. I would say to everyone that if youíre not willing to accept a bad call every now and then, the please give up competitive paintball and take up knitting or something. Bad calls do happen and it is Timís job to ATTEMPT to reduce the problems on a field where a single ref is consistently making bad calls or not doing his or her job.

I hope you area excited as I am to have Tim on the MPS staff this season.

Thanks,

Dan
MPS_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2009, 06:33 PM #2
and than what
Making Guns

Change is good.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:07 PM #3
MPS Tim

Thanks Dan, for the welcome. One of the things that I am going to be doing on this forum is once we have the rules finalized for the 2009 season. I am going to post a few of the more less known rules here and discuss why it is a rule and maybe about the situation in which we would see it. This will hopefully head off some problems that we may see this season, and to make you guys as players more informed. I look forward to the MPS this season.
MPS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:20 PM #4
ultranoobify
Little spoon for life.

ultranoobify owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hi Tim!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:43 PM #5
DATRUPIMPWITANIMP
www.TEAMGRAFFITI.com

DATRUPIMPWITANIMP is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Good Choice Dan.

Tim, its going to suck being behind the score sheet all year.....glad to see someone step up that has the experience.
DATRUPIMPWITANIMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:45 PM #6
cj9 11

cj9 11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cj9 11 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
cj9 11 plays in the APPA D5 division
Seems like a step forward for the series.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:19 PM #7
MPS Tim

Thanks Jamie.
MPS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:34 PM #8
iTz AuStIn
GBR

welcome aboard Tim.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:37 AM #9
Pantalones
Scruggs

has been a member for 10 years
Tim is the man.
Pantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:57 AM #10
kansasassassin
New Orleans Warped Army

Annual Supporting Member
kansasassassin is playing at Living Legends VI
kansasassassin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kansasassassin plays in the APPA D2 division
kansasassassin supports DLX Technology
Good decision Dan. Tim is a great guy and he deserves to be the Ultimate Ref, he is always fair and willing to work out any controversy. Props to a cool guy.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:32 PM #11
wM_Pity
Washed Up & No Skills ^^^

wM_Pity plays in the PSP
wM_Pity plays in the APPA D4 division
good choice dan, Tim is more than qualified for the position, and he def keeps his cool when people are yelling at him..

should be a great year!
wM_Pity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:08 PM #12
1w00d
EA OG

1w00d plays in the PSP
1w00d supports Team VICIOUS
1w00d supports Team VICIOUS
1w00d plays in the APPA D4 division
I remember at the captains meeting at MPS #6 in 07 for the 3 man on Saturday. He said he didn't want anyone arguing with the refs. The deterrent was that if you argued he was going to sit on their faces and that he hadn't showered and had eaten burritos the night before. Everyone laughed and thought it was funny. Nobody argued though. It's good to have someone who knows the rules and has a good sense of humor. Good choice.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:58 AM #13
shocker4life03
OKC Militia

shocker4life03 plays in the PSP
shocker4life03 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
shocker4life03 supports Team VICIOUS
shocker4life03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Great choice! i dont know the guy personally but i have seen him head at many tournaments held at tornado alley before. He always does a great job to make sure his refs are on top of things. Looking forward to this head ref for the 09 season!
Old 01-21-2009, 02:48 PM #14
Sharpyz101
Pure Shenanigans

Sharpyz101 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Sharpyz101 posts videos on PbNation
Sharpyz101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sharpyz101 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I always remember him being a stern but cordial dude. Seems like a good idea to have an ultimate ref. Wish I was still playing MPS. Good luck this year.
Sharpyz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:59 AM #15
Ping4

Congratulations Tim, I'm look forward for this year even more now.
Ping4 is offline   Reply With Quote