Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-06-2009, 12:48 PM #1
shane2390

Leaking Solenoid (update w/ video)

Ok, its a shocktech e2d Cocker. I recieved it in a trade recently and when I first aired it up it was leaking. I took most of the gun apart and put back together and it is still leaking from the solenoid. the back part of the solenoid has a small circle with a phillips head indentation on the piece of plastic. I have not taken that part of the solenoid apart yet and that is where it is leaking. I do not know if it is supposed to come apart or not. I cock the gun, air it up with lpr all the way off and the solenoid will click, no leak. Once i turn the lpr up some it leaks from that part on the solenoid I talked about and it will not cycle ( back block move) it is a heavy leak and the more I turn the lpr up the heavier it gets. Any help is greatly appreciated.
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...urrent=020.flv
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2009, 12:52 PM #2
CyberThug
Playing it Bogart

CyberThug is a Moderator
CyberThug is a Supporting Member
CyberThug is a founding member
CyberThug is reppin' sidebar 4 life
CyberThug is Legendary
CyberThug is Boss
CyberThug is Immortal
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=765190

I would give that a try.

Cleaning and lubing the noid.
CyberThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:35 PM #3
shane2390

That is something I did do. In pic 8,9, and 10 the piece that is connected to the solenoid wires is the piece that is leaking when attached. If anything do you think a new solenoid will fix the problem or a new lpr?
Old 01-06-2009, 04:08 PM #4
hmcl281

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane2390 View Post
That is something I did do. In pic 8,9, and 10 the piece that is connected to the solenoid wires is the piece that is leaking when attached. If anything do you think a new solenoid will fix the problem or a new lpr?
how do u know for sure it's leaking at that part?
Old 01-06-2009, 04:26 PM #5
autockcker47
Auto-rocker'

autockcker47 is playing at Living Legends III
autockcker47 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
autockcker47 supports Team VICIOUS
autockcker47 supports Sherwood Forest
I might even be the rubber o-ring type seals that go inbetween the solenoid parts. One could be damaged or missing id check for that too.
autockcker47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:38 AM #6
Shadow Crow
Mid-back-front

Shadow Crow owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
first check if it's really leaking from there... if it is, uninstall the noid again and take apart all of its pieces (i mean, take every single one of them off of each other)... also take the piston shaft off. Then, let ALL the parts rest for a day, unmounted, so that their seals can rest and maybe return to their original form. if it's leaking because one of them got deformed over time, this will fix the problem, but if you have some seal damaged there, the only thing you can do is replace that seal or buy a new noid. just remember, clean and relube it again before you reinstall everything.
There is one thing you could do before you spend any money... make sure your lpr parts are in the right position, and change the ram shaft o-ring before you do anything with the noid again.
i actually have a noid here for sale, all parts are good except the center casing where the piston goes into. but try the ram first and retry to work on your noid.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:34 PM #7
Fearless_Leader
Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

If you cleaned the noid check the ram o-ring, if you air the gun up and hold the bolt back it should stop the leak.

I can say for certain that if you have a working cocker that shoots just fine you are one of the three, or all of the above. 1- you are not an idiot. 2- you know someone who is not an idiot. 3- you have enough money to pay someone who is not an idiot. - jonotwist
Fearless_Leader is offline   Reply With Quote