Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-03-2009, 12:53 AM #22
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

basically, become a "whore" of sorts. example, during the summer my friends gave me $20 to dive into a mud puddle, army crawl through it and barrel roll at the end of the the puddle. that $20 paid for a case of paint next week.

learn to spend your money. ask yourself what's important, what are the things you really need or are they a luxury? for example, it'd be nice to have a proper ramp board for my shocker, but it still has does have a ramping mode and it's legal for the series i play in and it works, so a new board would be a luxury for me. so instead of buying a new board i buy more paint to play.

if you don't use any old equipment, sell it! ****, find anything around the house you don't use anymore and sell it.

get a job. 'nuff said.

buy as much gear as you can used. the only brand new items in my gearbag are one of my masks, my pack and my tank and even then the pack and tank were christmas gifts (). everything else is stuff i bought used.

try and get the best deals as possible. for example, i ref at my local field and do a good job, so as a result i get discounts from the field.

get friends. most of the people i ball with are good friends so we're a tight group. if one of us needs something and someone has it we usually just let each other have stuff. or say if someone's **** is broken and they can't afford to fix it we'll let each other borrow extra equipment. a friend of mine lost his gun somehow and he played with borrowed guns half the season.

offer a service of some sort. i took pictures at a practice and they gave me a case of paint for the pictures. came back next week, practiced with them, took more pictures and they gave me another case.

Last edited by p8ntball@ddict : 01-04-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Theft FTL
Milky Spore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2009, 01:20 AM #23
Chaosk1107

what i do is buy a case and try not to use alot of paint. then i save my lunch money and pay for entry. but i plan on tyring to work a deal wit the owners by helping out around the field.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:49 AM #24
L3MUR

L3MUR is playing at Living Legends VII
I have the greatest solution ever. Get a job. You live with your parents so all of the money you make can go straight into paintball. If you work 10-20 hours part time somewhere, you should have more then enough.
L3MUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:57 AM #25
ndzshocker293
Fork

ndzshocker293 is playing at Living Legends III
ndzshocker293 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ndzshocker293 supports Team VICIOUS
i played a whole day using a pump and a bag of paint and didnt use all of it and it was still fun.

BEST!>OTB Productions<BEST!
ndzshocker293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:22 AM #26
CheckerBoard

They're a touch expensive to buy (I've seen some go for ~$400) but CCI Phantoms are dirt cheap to maintenance and a bag of 100 balls will fill the gun 10 times. They're also quite accurate in warmer climates. AND You don't need all the fancy paintball gear like harnesses or vests or remotelines. I've seen someone run around all day with a small satchel that they fill with a bag of ammo and CO2 Powerlets and that is the extent of their auxiliary gear.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:29 AM #27
euphoria526
Music Man

has been a member for 10 years
i know everyone said this already but.

1) get a job.
2) get a pump
3) shoot some people who are shooting at you,
4) make fun of them for shooting 300+ balls at you while you shot them using 3 maybe 5 balls.....

If you know what i'm saying when i say Chuff Chuff. awesome, if you dont, your just plain dumb.
euphoria526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:54 PM #28
DFSniper
10 years and counting!

DFSniper donated to help Peyton Trent
DFSniper helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
play pump

you can get a pump trilly for under $100 and youll hardly ever shoot over a bag when pumping.
qft. im pretty much voluntarily forced to play pump because i dont have the money to pay for 2 cases a day.

get yourself a cheap autococker (even a trilogy), a pump kit for $40, co2 tank for $20, and gravity hopper for $5. then get yourself a nice and comfortable mask, and dont worry about the price tag on that.
DFSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:39 PM #29
yankeesrule0330
Xplosion Paintball REPN

yankeesrule0330 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
yankeesrule0330 supports Team VICIOUS
find a reball field
yankeesrule0330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:24 PM #30
plushdragon

plushdragon helped look for balloons
re:

if your marker has a programmable rof setting turn it down to 8 bps or less. pick up a small pocket hopper for a few dollars it will only hold 50 balls and is a shake and shoot hopper. another tip is look at your local field 09 big games and the big games listed down the page here on pbn. few fields have free games (end of the year big game in fl) or to raise money for people/toys. playing a 26 hour game or a castle game at emr or other large field is worth the road trip/cost. if you can get a woods ball team together for big games or a group you can save cash on paint at some fields when you pre pay for paint and buy more then one case.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:36 PM #31
levere (Banned)

suck a cock for money, hell, that is what i do
levere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:01 PM #32
EgoMahnn
he said whaatt!?

^^^ OR.. Starve yourself.. my parents give me 5 bills a day and i just bring a breakfast bar and eat that at lunch when everyone is spending 3.75 on pizza and a snapple and 2.00 on cookies haha. Then throw on some charm and go to the table with the chill girls and be like does anyone have a quarter i have no money. Most girls will just give you a dollar instead =D. Oh and i save every last dollar from birthday and christmas to spend on paintball. GL

red and gold 08 ego
vlocity jr. virtued.

somethin's a brewin....
EgoMahnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:41 PM #33
VPJ 3 (Banned)

VPJ 3 helped look for balloons
Hey man how old are you? Cause you could go around your subdivision and cut lawns and do yard work like that to earn some cash. You could also be a paper boy and stuff.
VPJ 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:46 PM #34
InvertBaller08

pump
InvertBaller08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:47 PM #35
Ego187
haz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Spore View Post
basically, become a "whore" of sorts. example, during the summer my friends gave me $20 to dive into a mud puddle, army crawl through it and barrel roll at the end of the the puddle. that $20 paid for a case of paint next week.

learn to spend your money. ask yourself what's important, what are the things you really need or are they a luxury? for example, it'd be nice to have a proper ramp board for my shocker, but it still has does have a ramping mode and it's legal for the series i play in and it works, so a new board would be a luxury for me. so instead of buying a new board i buy more paint to play.

if you don't use any old equipment, sell it! ****, find anything around the house you don't use anymore and sell it.

get a job. 'nuff said.

buy as much gear as you can used. the only brand new items in my gearbag are one of my masks, my pack and my tank and even then the pack and tank were christmas gifts (). everything else is stuff i bought used.

try and get the best deals as possible. for example, i ref at my local field and do a good job, so as a result i get discounts from the field.

get friends. most of the people i ball with are good friends so we're a tight group. if one of us needs something and someone has it we usually just let each other have stuff. or say if someone's **** is broken and they can't afford to fix it we'll let each other borrow extra equipment. a friend of mine lost his gun somehow and he played with borrowed guns half the season.

offer a service of some sort. i took pictures at a practice and they gave me a case of paint for the pictures. came back next week, practiced with them, took more pictures and they gave me another case.

last method is to always start stealing crap. definitely not recommended as it may leave you injured/dead, but it's always a possibility if **** really goes south with your money.

listen to him, karl knows best

:LionStatus:
Ego187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:59 PM #36
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Moved to paintball talk.