Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-03-2009, 05:45 PM #1
Sumbex

Question regarding valve/hammer springs

I still use a old style valve, the problem is I have stock springs. Right now the gun is shooting roughly 260 fps, at 200 psi. My main issue is that in order to get the FPS to high 270's low 280's. I need to up the pressure to 300ish, and turn the IVG really far in. This sometimes affects the back block and burps. Not often but it happens once/twice a day. Anyways... should I be looking for a lighter valve spring, and stiffer hammer spring? or have a stiff valve spring, stiff hammer spring, or light valve, light hammer?

Thanks
Sumbex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2009, 06:07 PM #2
Kanadian-Kaos
Canadian, eh?

has been a member for 10 years
Kanadian-Kaos owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Your problem is that now that you have turned in your IVG, your spring pressure has increased. This requires that you turn up your LPR so that the Ram has enough power to recock the marker since it now has a higher spring strength and needs more force to recock.

Buy the madmann spring kit. I think I used green valve and green main with good results in the past.

...and you should probably sweet spot your HP reg. Keep turning it up and watch the velocity. Once the velocity starts to decrease, turn the HPR reg down a bit and then dial your velocity in with the IVG....

The velocity will "spike" when you are sweet spotting your reg
Ex. 280, 285, 291, 300, 310, 305, 290.Then you would dial it back to 310 and then mess with your IVG.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:10 PM #3
dbkid0486

i think you have to dial it to the 300 mark, not the 310, then use the IVG to bring it down to 280...

ClosedBoltBallers
dbkid0486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:13 PM #4
Kanadian-Kaos
Canadian, eh?

has been a member for 10 years
Kanadian-Kaos owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nope, you dial it to the peak. From endlesspb:

Start by turning your inline regulator all the way down to zero psi, also set your velocity adjuster at two turns in from all the way out. Now, increase your pressure slowly while shooting the marker over the chronograph. Adjust your pressure 25 psi at a time, and take five shots (give or take) over the chronograph to establish a velocity at that pressure. Continue this process until the velocity peaks, which is when any increase in pressure will result in a decrease of velocity. This point varies for every marker and is the most efficient pressure setting for your spring set. When the velocity drops, start lowering the pressure (5 psi at a time). The velocity should start to go up again. Gently nudge the pressure lower and lower (using those small increments) until any change, be it up or down, results in a lower velocity.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:19 PM #5
Sumbex

The lpr was almost at it's max, about a quarter turn and it starts to vent. I try to keep the lpr as low as necessary to put out 13 bps consistently. The Hp is pretty close to the sweet spot for where the IVG is at. I am probably going to pick up the madman spring kit. I am thinking about trying a lighter valve spring and a stiffer hammer spring. This problem only started after my valve cup seal went bad and I bought the new valve. Maybe I'll put the spring from my rat valve on the this valve and see if that helps. I think the ans spring is a lighter spring though.

Edit** I will try to sweet spot the HP reg agian using the two turns in on the IVG. I was under the impression you up it until it peaks at the current spot your IVG is at, then adjust the IVG for more or less fps.

Edit#2 BTW, those delrin wave triggers look sweet.

Last edited by Sumbex : 01-03-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Sumbex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:32 PM #6
Shadow Crow
Mid-back-front

Shadow Crow owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
no, you put your IVG two complete turns in from starting point, then mess with the reg... get a spring kit