Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-26-2008, 01:26 PM #1
scottk444

9 volt battery clip wire replacement??

hey as u all may have noticed from my past threads i have been having problems with my vibe since i got it. the main thing i was having troubles with is the air leaks. but on this occasion i am having troubles with the 9volt battery clip. i was shootin my vibe today and it turned off on me. so i turn it back on and it lets me shoot again then i tilted the gun a little to the side and it turned off again. this happend 3 more times. so i took it into the house and checked the battery's voltage and it is still brand new (duracell alkaline) i plugged the battery back in the gun and started pulling the trigger listening to the beeps.(no air in it) i moved the battery a lillte and it turned off and i found that the black battery wire is really loose and is loosing connection. my question would be i guess is can i get a 9volt battery clip and rewire it myself or do i need to get a replacement one shipped to me by smartparts?

PS: i am still having leaking problems and i've pretty much given up on fixing them but i found a new leak that is comming from the back of the marker out of the quick bolt access plug. any suggestions? it is lubed well on all o rings.
scottk444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-26-2008, 02:39 PM #2
Focus02

Battery wire:
Much depends on your confidence in your soldering skills. You could probably correct it yourself using the existing clip. Your local paintball store could also probably fix it as well. You could send it to smartparts and they'd fix it for free (you pay shipping though).

air leaks:
Maybe just go ahead an get the $10 o-ring kit and just replace them all, and use the sl33k lube that comes with the kit. That would likley solve your air leak issues.
Focus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:14 PM #3
GunnaStunna
Giggity Giggity

your noid might be having issues, check on it with local proshop or contact SP about replacing your vibe if it is still under waranty and u haven't used it much. you could be having oring probs as well. idk what to say about your battery issue, but i say dont take the chance and send it in to SP

The "I agree with GunnaStunna" count: 23
GunnaStunna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:58 PM #4
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!

has been a member for 10 years
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus02 View Post
Battery wire:
Much depends on your confidence in your soldering skills. You could probably correct it yourself using the existing clip. Your local paintball store could also probably fix it as well. You could send it to smartparts and they'd fix it for free (you pay shipping though).

air leaks:
Maybe just go ahead an get the $10 o-ring kit and just replace them all, and use the sl33k lube that comes with the kit. That would likley solve your air leak issues.
We will fix it all for free. No worries there. Also, the leak on the back end cap. Before airing it up, back it off just a hair and then air it up. I have seen that a few times where I have had to do that.

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
Sean@smartpartswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:46 PM #5
scottk444

thanks for your help guys. i took it back to the proshop i bought it from and they replaced the battery harness for free. i went with the oring kit and the leaks have subsided from the marker.
scottk444 is offline   Reply With Quote