Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-20-2008, 03:34 PM #1
sr.marksalot

slg questions

my gun likes to chop a ball here and there every now and again... and it pisses me off... its like once every 50 balls about... what is the easiest way i can upgrade my gun to stopp this
sr.marksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2008, 04:54 PM #2
PaInTbAlLeR91
Witty User Title

has been a member for 10 years
First...are you sure they're chops not barrel breaks?
PaInTbAlLeR91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:48 PM #3
faithalone
God...Faith...Paint

Quote:
First...are you sure they're chops not barrel breaks?
he is right.. there is a difference and depending on where the ball is breaking would depend on where to first look to correct the problem...

a break is usually in the barrel meaning you have to remove the barrel and most of the paint can be cleaned there.. a chop happens when the bolt causes a ball to break while it is in the breech in the "ready" position.. these are usually more nasty and may require a disassembly of the bolt assembly and sometimes removal of the eyes and eye covers as they would get gunked up with paint...

the most basic things to look for for either of these problems would be to make sure you are using good fresh paint... make sure that your eyes are clean and working correctly, make sure that you paint is not too big for your barrel (this happens frequently but is most likely not the cause if you are using the stock barrel as it has a large bore size)...

make sure you are using a good hopper that can keep up with your gun and you may want to turn down the rate of fire setting on your gun...

also check the front of your bolt tip.. the part that comes in contact with the paintball and make sure that it is smooth and does not have any knicks or anything like that because it could cause a paintball to be damaged....

hope some of that helps you

good luck
Old 11-22-2008, 07:28 AM #4
sr.marksalot

i know that it is chopping becasue i do have to dissasemble my gun and the bolt is covered in paint. i just took the bolt out again and checked and the front has some tiny bumps on it but there really small... and my loader has been giving me some trouble with loading... so i will throw some new batt. in that and then post again if thats the case... thank you...
Old 11-22-2008, 10:52 AM #5
badmeat

short bolt issue? is it an 08 or 09?
Old 11-23-2008, 01:44 PM #6
sr.marksalot

its an 08.. and i just did a tourny today and it chopped balls like crazy.. it was horrible... i didnt go a match without pissing paint out of the barrel... and i know it wasnt the paint because everybody had the same paint... and nobody else had that problem... so does anybody know that the hell is wrong with it?...
new batteries in the hopper and a new battery in the gun... semi auto... trigger sensativity was at 10
idk whats wrong with it
Old 11-23-2008, 02:39 PM #7
PaInTbAlLeR91
Witty User Title

Your eyes are working fine right?
Old 11-23-2008, 03:14 PM #8
EgoManiacal
We'll make great pets.

I suspect it might be your loader. Most "chopping" issues today are due to loaders jamming paint too hard into the breech, and the fact that putting new batteries in your loader made it worse would suggest that this is what's happening to you. Does your loader have an adjustable feed rate? If so you might want to turn it down a little.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:54 PM #9
Tcheno

Just call Dye and sen it in.
I've seen that happen several times and that's were they all ended up
Tcheno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:03 PM #10
sportzarelife

check your detents if ur too lazy to send it in to dye. replace them and then see what happens, i had very similar problems, got spring detents and solved it for me atleast

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4081084

BRING ME AN ION TECHT L6!!
sportzarelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:32 PM #11
sr.marksalot

that was my next thing... i was double feeding a lot also.. i figured that my hopper was pushing past my detents... and i wasnt paying a lot of attention to the reloader speed.. so the both of them could have done it... im looking to get new spring detents for it and ill see what happend there... and yes the eyers were clean and working very well until it started chopping paint... but i was also going to call dye and see if i could get new free detents anyways
Old 11-23-2008, 08:39 PM #12
sr.marksalot

ok... tcheno.. i read your review and the detents part sounds exactly like my problem.. it has gotten worse and worse.. and the detents do look worn... thanks and if that dosnt work ill be back
Old 11-24-2008, 08:33 PM #13
sr.marksalot

ok.. i took the barrel off and put the hopper on and ran it to see if the setents were crap.. they werent.. held paint back just fine.. but when i decided to fire the gun w/o a barrel it chopped less paint.. but still chopped... o-rings are all good... wtf?
Old 11-24-2008, 08:36 PM #14
sr.marksalot

and i called dye.. they werent verry helpfull... just told me to get new detents and call them back
Old 11-24-2008, 08:41 PM #15
PaInTbAlLeR91
Witty User Title

It probably has something to do with the board, if anything. Call and ask Dye if they'll take a look at it for you. Ship it in.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:54 PM #16
sr.marksalot

nope.. i figured it out actually..lol.. im an idiot.. the bolt in my SLG wasnt manufactured correctly.. its to small... when i drop a paintball in the breach with the gun on.. it turns the light green because it senses a ball.. then if i tilt the gun back the ball rolls back and is no longer in the eyes.. and another ball starts to come down in front of that ball.. and chop chop.. so now that its to late to call dye back i have to wait for tomorrow.. .thank you all for the help tho...
Old 12-21-2008, 08:55 PM #17
swanson11 (Banned)
i pwn people

get a new board .. thats what i did and i like never chop . i will chop 1-4 times in 1 day
swanson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:22 AM #18
sr.marksalot

well i sent it into dye.. they put new spring detents on it. so if it comes back to me still chopping ill be pissed.. but if i still have problems thats probably what ill be doing... but thanks for your help
Old 12-22-2008, 12:42 PM #19
swanson11 (Banned)
i pwn people

yup!!
swanson11 is offline   Reply With Quote