Community Focus

Old 12-14-2008, 06:36 PM #64
KevN
fortyseven

big teams = more friends
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2008, 08:14 PM #65
mikenawnaw

its also more difficult (aka athleticly challenging) the europeans did it. (still do it) if our sport was filled with anything but whiney *****es, we'd have done it long ago as well.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:48 PM #66
b-roddd

b-roddd donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by **GP** View Post
Why must all of you try to act like paintball is like other sports? Its NOT its a hobby why is it so hard for people to understand that we need to make rules that work for us. I am pretty sure the NFL and MLB don't look at us and say oh man lets do this or that cuz they do it in Pro paintball. These are some of the HUGE problems this sport/hobby has. People are trying to make it something that it is NOT. I love this game and I want to see it grow but making paintball like other sports is wrong. We need to make paintball rules and guidelines that are good for out sport/hobby!
this is exactly right.paintball isnt like any other sport out there. but thats why it attracts the crowd of players that it does. because shooting a gun and moving down the field is an addrenaline rush like no other. ive played all the other sports and dropped them so that i could play paintball.cant expect to follow in the mlb or nfl's footsteps and expect it to work. its an entire different ball game that has needs of its own.
RAIDEN LONG SLEEVES FOR SALE!!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3141493
b-roddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:10 AM #67
ar2b8

ar2b8 plays in the PSP
ar2b8 is an NCPA player
ar2b8 is an NCPA National Champion
ar2b8 plays in the APPA D3 division
has anyone ever thought about droping the time between games to 1 min, and not 2. I think this would make the game more fun to watch, and also require that everyone playing is more well rounded. Also you will not be able to send the same 5 guys out every game which i also do not think is fun to watch. I think that they should try doing this in the pros to see if it is possible because 2 min is way to much time to keep the game interesting.

Central Illinois Army
No Limit Sponsorship Sale
The Hopper Guy
ar2b8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:07 PM #68
P4IN7 B4LLS
FARSIDE KIDS // HELLCATS

P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the USPL
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the PSP
P4IN7 B4LLS is an NCPA player
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar2b8 View Post
has anyone ever thought about droping the time between games to 1 min, and not 2. I think this would make the game more fun to watch, and also require that everyone playing is more well rounded. Also you will not be able to send the same 5 guys out every game which i also do not think is fun to watch. I think that they should try doing this in the pros to see if it is possible because 2 min is way to much time to keep the game interesting.
thats a horrible idea, especially if they are making roster limits, players will be forced to turn it around. some teams cant afford to have over 10 players on the roster and so they dont have the luxury of rotating separate lines. and sometimes if a line is playing hot the coach will put them back out there to turn it around. theres so much drama in the pits when it comes to getting tanks filled, pods filled, hits cleaned, fixing loaders and guns, its hectic enough, 2 minutes is fine. making it any shorts would hurt a lot of teams.

FEEDBACK / 100% Positive
P4IN7 B4LLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:08 PM #69
b-roddd

b-roddd donated to help Peyton Trent
p4in7 b4lls is exactly right. way to crazy with a 2 minute time limit. and even with 2 minutes if your turning a team around it seems like 20 seconds. 1 minute wouldnt work.
RAIDEN LONG SLEEVES FOR SALE!!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3141493
b-roddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:57 AM #70
ar2b8

ar2b8 plays in the PSP
ar2b8 is an NCPA player
ar2b8 is an NCPA National Champion
ar2b8 plays in the APPA D3 division
That's kind of the point... Make the game fast and less predictable. I have watched/played alot of xball and it's starting to get boring because most of the time the same 5 guys go out and play the same brake and do the same moves. That might be hard to do, but if you have to sit when ur tired, always have to run to the pits and to the start box and make sure that you are ready for the game I think it would be more fun to play and watch. I know that I almost always walk to the start box even if I'm turning points, ur whole team can turn it in under 1 min if ur organized... Remember you will be in the pits longer if you get shot. This will also make timeouts more important. I really see no downside to dropping the time, 1 min might be to much right away, but if you want to be a team that is not well rounded and just play the same 5 guys you should have a hard time doing that. This is xball not 5 man.

Central Illinois Army
No Limit Sponsorship Sale
The Hopper Guy
ar2b8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:57 PM #71
jxnrdy

jxnrdy plays in the PSP
jxnrdy is an NCPA player
jxnrdy is an NCPA National Champion
jxnrdy plays in the APPA D3 division
less players=more pit crew
Old 12-18-2008, 02:56 PM #72
mr.l
TBD FIERCE FAMILY COACH

Annual Supporting Member
mr.l donated to help Peyton Trent
mr.l plays in the APPA D5 division
Limiting the Pro teams to 8 players might help their owners trim expenses when they are paying all the bills. For the divisional teams where players pay their own way this would increase the cost of each event $150 to $300 per player or even more. How many players can afford that? I don’t believe it would be very cost effective for divisional teams.

2008 $pyder Cup Champion$
DYE KEE CP play with the best.
Fierce Paintball Field~5205 Moccasin Wallow Rd.~Palmetto, FL 34221~I-75 Exit 229~Phone 941-722-2172
Check us out at http://www.fiercepaintball.com/
Or email us at fiercepaintball941@gmail.com
mr.l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:06 PM #73
fierceballer
Volk v ovech'yey shkurye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.l View Post
Limiting the Pro teams to 8 players might help their owners trim expenses when they are paying all the bills. For the divisional teams where players pay their own way this would increase the cost of each event $150 to $300 per player or even more. How many players can afford that? I donít believe it would be very cost effective for divisional teams.
I know that a great deal of teams are able to afford to play the events because they are able to split the costs among 12 players. I know that many teams would find it difficult to field a team with only 8 or even 10 players as the 2 to 4 additional players could offset the cost of the others by over $150 plus with paint and entry. I can't imagine any benefit in lowering the Divisional Roster limit. If a team is financed by one person, that person could choose to limit their roster to save money.
1st Place PSP World Cup Champs D3 Xball 2008
1st Place NPPL Spyder Cup Champions 2008
2nd Place PSP Mid-Atlantic Open D1 Xball 2009
2nd Place PSP Phoenix Open D2 Xball 2008
2nd Place PSP Chicago Open D3 Xball 2008
fierceballer is offline   Reply With Quote