PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-05-2008, 05:25 PM #22
d2paintballr
Nor*Cal

d2paintballr plays in the PSP
d2paintballr plays in the APPA D2 division
lol, the article makes me laugh. i agree with everything that has posted. environmentalists cant technically complain about anything. i mean, the paintball degrade and they are non toxic. it'd be one thing if they found data that proved the paintballs on the beach/washing out to the ocean were harming nearby fish/ocean life...buuuuut no, that guy was right by saying it was just an excuse to make the massive revenue in just 3 days not seem as important. how could .5 million not be important to that area in just three days??...
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2008, 05:31 PM #23
p8intball3
La Bella Vita

p8intball3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
p8intball3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
If you look at the comments from the locals, they talk about how it was discusting and how its "surf city" and not "paintball city".

**** those ****s. They need to grow some ****ing balls and realizing that paintball is better than anything that will ever come to HB. Their ****ing rich *** snobs who are only in it for themselves. They need to get there heads out there *** and realize that what ever there doing isn't **** compared to paintball.
****ing *****s.

/rant.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:09 AM #24
eudaman
Professional Mis-informer

eudaman plays in the PSP
eudaman plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8intball3 View Post
They need to grow some ****ing balls and realizing that paintball is better than anything that will ever come to HB.
I'm pretty pissed that there's gonna be no HB, but I goto the US open of surfing and AVP pro beach volleyball tourney every year and those events are HUGE
Old 12-06-2008, 12:02 PM #25
OFWGKTA

1969 is a Supporting Member
1969 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
1969 is for the Gunfight
1969 plays in the APPA D5 division
OMG NO NOT ORANGE PAINT UNDER THE CAR ts the end of the world ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 12-06-2008, 07:20 PM #26
All-welted-up

The NPPL accually had a crew that would sift unbroken paint from the sand after the tourny so it wasnt as bad as people thought
Killbourne fan #18
www.bennettallweatherpaintball.com
my opinions are my own...and Im an a$$hole :)
Old 12-06-2008, 07:25 PM #27
pincap1234

paintball unbanned from hb
Old 12-07-2008, 03:53 PM #28
URBANxFLOW

Soo whats the verdict does anyone know if this venue is banned for sure?
Old 12-08-2008, 11:49 PM #29
Samuel/Sarah
JCity Raps

Samuel/Sarah is playing at Living Legends III
Samuel/Sarah supports Team VICIOUS
Samuel/Sarah is for the Gunfight
this is f**king stupid, all of it. Everytime paintball comes to a national level and seems to be making new waves..it takes three steps back and its always takes a year or more to recover and get back..now theres no HB on the Horizon if the call stands and Pacific Paintball goes bankrupt, WTF...part of this crap is selfishness in the leauges and no one in a legit position will take responsibility to emerge anything great and now, no NPPL unless someone takes pity and really cares about this sport and buys the NPPL and starts this crap over and gets back to the basics and fundamentals of playing paintball.

We dont need stadiums, we need open fields, airbunkers and teams that have the heart of the sport at best intrest and go play what we love best, paintball.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:47 PM #30
paintballpunk168
spaceballs the user title

paintballpunk168 plays in the USPL
paintballpunk168 plays in the PSP
paintballpunk168 supports Cereal Killerz 2
paintballpunk168 is playing at Living Legends III
this ****s ****ing simple.... throw nets over the top= NO PROBLEM if everyone cleans up their mess and spends a lil extra time lookin out for their stuff we should have no problem
NINJA PAINTBALL AMERICA! F**K YEAH!
Old 12-13-2008, 04:00 PM #31
KookieMonster
Kookie or Nookie???

has been a member for 10 years
KookieMonster donated to help Peyton Trent
KookieMonster supports Bob Gurnsey
KookieMonster has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnagge View Post
months later paintballs are still on the beach, its not like 1 million paintballs biodegrade in a month.
This is true, it takes time for them to biodegrade and they are looking at the short term effect and paintballs used at this level are still not as friendly as some of you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-welted-up View Post
The NPPL accually had a crew that would sift unbroken paint from the sand after the tourny so it wasnt as bad as people thought
Or are you thinking it wasn't as bad as it was? A crew can sift through the sand and pull paintballs out and still leave a lot behind. Just because it's the job of the crew doesn't mean they do a good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpunk168 View Post
throw nets over the top= NO PROBLEM if everyone cleans up their mess
I agree, net in over the top. It will not fix the problem 100%, but it will take a huge amout of the problem out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
3,000 paintballers * 3 nights * $100 night = $900,000.

Hotel alone.
Come on now, how many paintball teams do you know that get $100 a night rooms. Not only that, but one room per player? As stated already, paintball players are good at fitting 15 people in a hotel room that cost $30 a night. so yes, that $900K turned into 18K in reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrdg View Post
How can it be controversial? Because some guy ran over paint that washes away?
First off, you need to wash paintball paint away from a car almost right away. If you don't, it does mess up the paint. I went to the PSP's MAO this past year. I drove from Augusta, GA to Rock Hill, SC to go to the event for a day. My truck took a hit from a paintball in the fender (the side face'n away from the fields too) I was have'n problems with my ATM card and had enough cash to get me back to Augusta. When I finally got back I got some cash from home and went to the car wash. The paint left a residue on the truck that wouldn't come off with washing. I had to take the truck to a car wash and have them "pollish" the residue off. By pollish I mean they basically wet sanded the clear coat down untill the stain was gone. Also, I still have stains (some blue, some pink, some orange and some yellow) from hits on my paintball jerseys. So it's not as washable as they want you to believe. I don't have a problem with it because I've been playing for 14 years now and accept the extra cost with the unforseen that comes with the sport. Someone that doesn't play, it's a pain in the butt for them because it's unforseen expences that they have to deal with. Just to get the stain off of the fender of my truck cost me $30. You may say, big deal it was just $30. But think about it. If you're selling your marker and asking a rock bottom price of $350 + shipping and paypal fees you're gonna want that cash. Paypal fee would be $10.45 and shipping would be about another $8.50 if you shipped USPS priority for a total of $18.95. It's an expense you don't want to pay out of your pocket, so why would you think that someone that doesn't even play paintball is willing to have the extra expense (say less than $10 to go to a car wash) because a paintball broke on it?
Old 12-13-2008, 07:45 PM #32
patriot251
AVA-tard

I think you just spend to much time on the nation to respond to that
Old 12-14-2008, 02:48 AM #33
Bump PB

Bump PB is a Supporting Member
No more HB, big deal, we'll find another beach to f up. jk But seriousely though, those environmentalist are always over reacting to everything. We could be using water guns and they'll still find an excuse.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:00 AM #34
Griffan (Banned)

yeah, who wants soap based products in there watter?

what a bunch of bs
Old 12-16-2008, 12:27 PM #35
ELuSiVe1151

has been a member for 10 years
ELuSiVe1151 plays in the PSP
ELuSiVe1151 is an NCPA player
ELuSiVe1151 plays in the APPA D5 division
on a light note, the fact that paintballs bounce off bunkers THAT MUCH that they turn up all the way on the road and stuff is f-ing hilarious. like its raining paintballs or something. thats just my opinion so you can call me an ignorant d-bag if you want...
The Grind Continues!!!
Empossible Sports - Jim Pica Foto - Meadowlands PB

Last edited by ELuSiVe1151 : 12-16-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:36 AM #36
Sharpshot1212
Durrty Durrty

Exclamation

I think sean walker and the tree huggers of southern cali are working together. I smell conspiracy!!!