PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-17-2002, 10:02 PM #1
KhaOz

has been a member for 10 years
Any Paintballer's in Heidelberg, Germany

or the surrounding area. I have a friend who is stationed there and is looking for people to get a game going. Any info on a field or a group of players would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2002, 03:06 PM #2
Doc Holiday

If i'm not mistaken, Ramstein and Spangdahlem both have paintball on base. His best bet would be to call the Kaiserslautern Rod & Gun club. I know for a fact that they have one, and could probably direct him to others. If he's stationed in Germany, he can just call DSN from work and find out all about it.
If he's got any questions, have him call DSN 632-8215 and ask for Senior Airman Sweeney.
Evil Paintball
Old 03-24-2002, 12:10 PM #3
Eyecare

Eyecare is a Supporting Member
The closest US fields would be the ones operated by the Darmstadt Outdoor Rec, the Mannheim Outdoor Rec or the Kaiserslautern Rod & Gun Club. I haven't gone to the Darmstadt field yet. It's not open until early April. Apparently it was recently taken over by Outdoor rec from the Rod and Gun Club. I understand from the Germans that it's not in really good shape. It's located on the same post as the Europe Stars and Stripes in Griesheim. I've gone to the one run by Mannheim Outdoor Rec once last fall. The field is West off of A-6 close the the windmills at Grunstadt. They have two fields: one is a woods field and the other a hyperball type. No HPA, only CO2. Both of these are Army run fields and aren't necessarily open every weekend. Best to call first to make sure. The K-town one is actually in Vogelweg and it's the nicest US run field I've seen here so far. (I also think Vogelweg has one of the nicer PXs in Germany.) It opened the first weekend in March. They have 3-4 fields. One is speedball, the other kind of hyperball and the other two are woods. Both HPA and CO2 available. If you're using HPA you'll need your own fill setup. Scuba tanks and compressor can be rented there. They have manning problems though so it wasn't open this weekend. Again, do yourself a favor and call first.
I played at a German indoor field between Frankfurt and Wiesbaden this weekend. It was located at Okriftel near Hattersheim. Probably the nicest setup I've encountered in Germany thus far as far as number and quality of players and almost non-stop games. Both HPA and CO2 available but you have to buy field paint. It's run by some local German players as a non-profit organization with income going towards rent and field upgrades. They just opened a small ultimate air field on the first floor which I played on. Lots of fun. It seems most of the local paintballers speak English. The second floor is the sign-in station and staging area as well as a very small speedball field and chrono station. The top floor has a larger hyperball-type (kind-of) field that I only looked at. Paint and field prices were reasonable. No camo allowed on this field, btw, and the field speed is 220 fps.
I have no idea why the Heidelberg Rod and Gun club can't set up their own field. There's definately enough room at their range. We're pretty much stuck with calling around and driving to find fields and games. Not nearly as easy as it is in the US.
There's a SGT Washington in the Radiology department at the local MEDDAC in Heidelberg that plays. I'm with the MEDDAC as well but don't really get to play that much because of my job. There are a few medics at the Mannheim health clinic that play sporadically as well.
If he's a decent player, there's an all-American (US, not Smart Parts) team run out of Ramstein called Zero-Kewl or something that's always looking for players. They've got nice sponsorship logo'ed shirts but I'm not sure what level they play at. The teams in Germany aren't generally in the same league as teams from the US or some of the other European countries. It's illegal to own a painball gun in Germany until you're 18 y/o. Oh yah, I called Hohenfels looking for a game there and they told me they had to shut their field down because the game was banned in their area by the Minister of Forests and Rabbits.
Things were much easier in the US. Hope this helps.

PS: the MaxMasters IV tournament (part of the Millenium series) will be in the Bitburg area (near Spangdahlem) from 30 March- 4 April.

Addendum: (12MAY02) Played at the Darmstadt field (actually in Griesheim, nearby) this weekend. Great field. Both Supair and modified hyperball. Both HPA and CO2 available. Field paint only but prices are reasonable. Saturdays only (unless you have the field reserved). A few of the local German players come as well so competition is good. Best run and maintained military field I've played in Germany to date.

Addendum (17AUG02) Understand a field is opening at Tompkin Barracks, Schwetzingen (near Heidelberg). Haven't tried it out yet. Please post is you do.

Pics of my guns

Doc's SP Patent FAQ and related article

Last edited by Eyecare : 09-06-2002 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-01-2002, 11:34 AM #4
KhaOz

Thanks for you help. I have emailed him a link to this thread. Hopefully he can hook up with some of you guys to play.

-Aaron
Old 04-21-2002, 11:46 AM #5
NightGyr
19 Kilo

hey eyecare, u in germany? im getting stationed tehre pretty soon (just joined army, 3 year contract, gonna b a tanker =) yea my bro wanted me to be a ranger but i talked to a couple and they told me how hard training was an i knew i couldnt do some of the stuff they had to do, mostly in the swimming department. so i went 19 kilo instead hehe.

anyway, i just dropped over 600 into my gun an im not about to let it sit 3 years at home hehehe. how hard is it to get my PB crap once im settled down in germany? what would i need to keep it (licenses, storage, anything like that)? how much time would i have to play? quality of fields? prices compared to US fields? rules? basically, anything i need to know, id appreciate greatly =)
[size]Glacier Fluster #1Glacier Fluster #2

Got a gash on my head, And a grin on my face, And a shadow called danger.
Hidin' in the sheets, And on the streets, In the hearts of every stranger.

Last edited by NightGyr : 04-21-2002 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-21-2002, 12:47 PM #6
Eyecare

There's an age restriction in Germany for owning paintball guns. As long as you're 18 y/o or over it's legal. There's also a special German stamp than needs to be on local paintball guns or they can't be sold here. This really doesn't apply to us since we're bringing our own stuff and playing on military fields. Paintball equipment tends to be much more expensive here than in the US. A box of 2000 Diablo Midnights can cost $80-85 here vs only $55 in the US, for example. Field prices are reasonable. You don't need a license to bring your gear over here and no special storage is required. You only can fire it on approved fields; otherwise you'll run the risk of having your equipment confiscated. The only way you can get things shipped over here from the US without paying customs is to use your APO Box number. Since UPS and FedEx don't ship to box numbers, you'll have to order from places that mail by USPS. Field quality really depends on what you're used to. How much time you have to play depends on your unit's mission. Best wishes.

Pics of my guns

Old 07-24-2002, 04:28 PM #7
arka

Hey Eyecare, I see you're back. If you haven't heard, check out www.warpig.com about Zero Kewl. They took 1st in France. See you in Darmstadt.
Old 08-17-2002, 01:38 PM #8
Eyecare

Congratulations to Lucas and the Zero Kewl team.

Pics of my guns

Old 08-31-2002, 03:45 AM #9
tazzhc10

Zero Kewl

Is anyone here interested or know of anyone who would be interested in playing with Zero Kewl for the 2003 Season? Most of out team is PCS'ing and we are looking for more players. Let me know by e-mail or you can just post here.

We are currently playing novice division in Millennium Series Events and AM events in Germany.

Thanks
Tazz
Old 11-07-2002, 03:14 AM #10
Eyecare

The Darmstadt (Griesheim) field is closed for the winter but is expected to open again in the spring. There were some host country problems with noise issues as well as some quasi political and "sponsorship" ones but these are expected to be resolve by then. There is a possibility that the MaxMasters may be held here in March. Great news for paintballers in this area! Their number is DSN 348-6277 (Outdoor Rec).

In the meanwhile, Vogelweg is still open. They have CO2 only as one compressor was stolen and the other is beyond repair. They usually have players on both Saturdays and Sundays. Paint is pretty expensive right now (I think it was $85 or so for a case of Midnights) but they have a newly formed "paintball committee" that is working on getting better paint options. Lots of wooded fields and a couple speedball-type setups.

I also went to Schwetzingen (Tomkins Barracks) but couldn't find the field that's supposed to be there nor anyone that knew anything about it.

Not sure about other US fields. I presume there's one in the Wurzburg area since there's a paintball team from there but not sure. If anyone has more info on fields in your area please keep us updated.

Edited 18NOV01
Change #1 to the Heidelberg area field. There was a field available at Tompkins but apparently there was some difficulty with the LNs so it's restricted to military training use only. They still have a wooded area that can be used for unit functions but it needs to be reserved. Heidelberg Outdoor Rec, DSN 388-9282, opened a small speedball field at the Rod & Gun club (Offersheim-?SP?) just to the left of the rifle range there. Field fees are $20 with equipment or $15 for walk-ons. Compressed air (3000psi scuba botttles) only but air included in fee. Paintballs are Tomahawk ($85/case) and Alpha (I believe). It's a small combined speedball (plywood) and woods field. Open Saturdays only.

Pics of my guns

Last edited by Eyecare : 11-18-2002 at 05:44 AM.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:15 PM #11
zarcon13

I'm coming

I am getting ready to be staitioned in Schweinfurt and if anyone needs me to bring a bunch of paint then let me know.
Old 11-21-2002, 03:52 AM #12
Eyecare

If anyone has more info on fields in your area please keep us updated.

Pics of my guns

Old 12-31-2002, 08:05 AM #13
WhisperingDeath
On The Way.....*BOOM*

On my way as well

anybody know where ill end up stationed? my bro thinks ill end up in the 1st armor division....just curious as my orders only tell my reception company and not my actual duty station.
Glacier Fluster #1Glacier Fluster #2Blue To Black Fade Angel 4

Got a gash on my head, and a grin on my face, and a shadow called danger.
Hidin' in the sheets, and on the streets, In the hearts of every stranger.
Old 01-07-2003, 05:47 AM #14
Eyecare

Update:

Heidelberg (Oftersheim) is closed for the winter. Apparently there wasn't enough business to merit keeping it open.

Vogelweg is also closed for the winter.
They cited safety concerns because of the cold weather.
Planning to reopen on 1 March..

Quote:
Originally posted by WhisperingDeath
anybody know where ill end up stationed? my bro thinks ill end up in the 1st armor division....just curious as my orders only tell my reception company and not my actual duty station.
A Replacement or Reception Battalion is a common place for Army personnel assigned to Germany to process through. Unless you have a pinpoint assignment there's a potential for you to be assigned where you're most needed based on the requirements on the day you show up. (Actually, everything is subject to change.) There is a website called S-Gate which may be helpful to you. Best wishes.

Pics of my guns

Last edited by Eyecare : 01-07-2003 at 05:54 AM.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:16 AM #15
WhisperingDeath
On The Way.....*BOOM*

Buendigen

well im in one of the most boring places in germany, i think...buendigen...wtf? never heard of the place before... oh well. u can walk the whole town in about an hour. theres a couple bars here but most of the action isnt even in the city limits. the busses are far and few between, and the train station dosent run on weekends. guess ill have to buy a hoopty

anyway, if you would be so kind as to tell me anything within reasonable distances from buendigen, i would be much abliged. this paintball-withdrawl is killing me.

Old 01-14-2003, 08:31 AM #16
Eyecare

Büdingen is a subcommunity of Hanau and comes under the 414th BSB. You can check with your local Outdoor Rec (or Hanau's, if you don't have one at your post) to see if they have any paintball activities planned for the spring. Here's Hanau's website which has a few activities listed on it. There's actually quite a lot to do in Germany and Europe (aside from paintball). If the current optempo isn't getting you too tied down then try to get out and see some sights or sign up for a USO trip or one with your unit Chaplain, if he does it. If all you do is watch AFN TV and drink beer at the local bar you'll miss out on a great opportunity.

Pics of my guns

Old 01-21-2003, 08:51 AM #17
WhisperingDeath
On The Way.....*BOOM*

oh yes of course, i surely plan to get out. its just that with the crap going on with iraq is that my unit (the spearhead unit of the 1ad's invasion in 92) has gone into some massively stressful (only get sundays off, 6 am to 10pm of work) schedule that has already crushed plans to go to berlin and france. oh well. comes with the territory.

EDIT: how do you type that umlat (sp??)? its been plaguing me for ages. i hate spelling buendigen with the ue.

Last edited by WhisperingDeath : 01-21-2003 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-21-2003, 12:56 PM #18
Eyecare

If you hold down the ALT key while pushing 154 on the numerical keypad it'll give you the capitalized version of Ü. I just copied and pasted.

Pics of my guns

Old 02-05-2003, 03:13 PM #19
arka

Bad news floating around, German government is trying to implement pb markers own by DOD personnel to have the "F" stamp, even if you play on military pb fields. Also, they don't want German nationals to play on U.S. military fields (tax is the big issue here). I guess they didn't get enough money from the 'real firearms' registration transfer, so, next on line is pb markers. I've heard that the "F" stamp will cost us 35 euro per gun, that is, if your marker is within their specs, if not, they'll turn it to euro cent. Right now, we're working on it with other military outdoor recs to see what we can do. For now, leave your markers at home.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:20 AM #20
Eyecare

This is very bad news because it really limits our choices. It's not a rule yet though; at least it hasn't filtered down through the local BSBs. Thanks for the update.

Pics of my guns

Old 02-06-2003, 10:46 PM #21
carlalexbarrett

I dont think the forest miester going to show up at the field but you never know, the germans are wierd about thier taxes

thanksgiving is holocaust for the turkeys!
poor little turkey tastes so good

looking for
sonic grip frame for bushy
black asa adapter for bushy