Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008, 07:04 PM #64
||SoCaLkId||
.818ventkrew
 
||SoCaLkId||'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: So*Cal
||SoCaLkId|| plays in the USPL
||SoCaLkId|| plays in the PSP
||SoCaLkId|| plays in the APPA D2 division
i guess zinkham wont be giving us those rings for overall season that he said he would.haha.
__________________
feedback
Play WCPPL
www.ProPaintball.com

LA Collision Fast Five R.I.P CS Union Cobras
Steezy beanies for sale. pm me.
||SoCaLkId|| is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 07:08 PM #65
IN THE KNOW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
I would like to go "on the record"....Shawn DID steal and the criminal charges will follow! Brandon speaks the truth!
IN THE KNOW is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 07:15 PM #66
cinoba
 
 
cinoba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: TORRANCE
 has been a member for 10 years
cinoba works for a Paintball manufacturer
bad management = lose money. yes not the same as stealing but money is lost.
I have history with Walker and he stole from me. Maybe he was just young.

He use to work at a paintball store in the 90's. He stole then. Maybe he was just young.

That was my history and now the stories from others are coming from the woodwork. Im just putting things together.
cinoba is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 07:34 PM #67
thatcoolkid
these eyes.. are cryin..
 
thatcoolkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
all you so cal tards that use to praise him, look where it got you.

ive been saying this ALL YEAR

he was bad for paintball, and did absolutely nothing to promote it in a good light, he had too much power and no one wanted to question it.

by the way i know its im mature but i'd like to give a big, fat, i told ya so to all the idiots that defended him through the year. talk know b******
__________________
It is only until the power of love, overcomes the love of power, that the world will know peace.

Baller's Cafe!
thatcoolkid is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 07:36 PM #68
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew
 
Fox4paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upton, MA
Annual Supporting Member
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
Fox4paintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
Fox4paintball plays in the PSP
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Fox4paintball plays in the APPA D4 division
Undrdg,

I want you to understand - I didn't accuse Mr. Walker, nor did I exonerate (SP?) him. I simply stated that I felt there were two logical options of what one might do if in that situation. I didn't claim he would come in here and clear his name, but simple that he would want to clear his name. Maybe that will be in a court of law, maybe that will be in PBNation, maybe in PB2X.

As for your explaination of how things might have gone down at PP - I would say that is an option, but I wouldn't give it as much credit coming from someone who as admitted to not knowing the inner workings of PP. However, Mr. Lambertson appear to be a more credible source as he appears to be in the know and close to the inner workings of PP.

Having had a few dealings with Shawn in the past, I would not agree that your explaination is as likely as Brandon's. However, that is just my opinion.

Dave


Quote:
Originally Posted by undrdg View Post
Dave
I don't claim to be an expert on Shawn Walkers way of dealing with hearsay, but lets just say for arguments sake he doesn't come in here and clear up his "good name". That doesn't make him any less innocent than he already is.

Now I didn't work for PP, but, could it be possible there is more than mr lamberston is willing to say or know?

It is entirely plausible that someone else did those things and hid them from everyone.
Could be possible that this same person poisoned other individuals to believe that shawn was the responsible party?

Seems just as likely as a scenario as the one Mr. Lambertson is speaking of, wouldn't you say?
__________________
Dave Painter
"Are you ready to play?"
Fox 4 Paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Fox4paintball is online now  
Old 12-02-2008, 07:39 PM #69
88SkinnyBryan88
ENIGMA!!
 
88SkinnyBryan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Victorville, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatcoolkid View Post
all you so cal tards that use to praise him, look where it got you.

ive been saying this ALL YEAR

he was bad for paintball, and did absolutely nothing to promote it in a good light, he had too much power and no one wanted to question it.

by the way i know its im mature but i'd like to give a big, fat, i told ya so to all the idiots that defended him through the year. talk know b******
woah if your talking about sean walker clearly you dont know anything. Mostly every so cal team hates sean walker besides go for broke because he loves them and does anything for them. I for 1 made a thread about him that almost got my team kicked out of nppl/xpsl. No one praised him. No one liked him, hes greedy, irresponsible, anything you want to name him hes it. Hes supposed to be a "church" man too. **** YOU SEAN!love your buddy bryan.
__________________
[16GB Ipod nano F/T!!! Hoppers and other gear look]


Grasscity.GlassDistrict

Last edited by 88SkinnyBryan88 : 12-02-2008 at 07:42 PM.
88SkinnyBryan88 is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 08:09 PM #70
IslandP8ntballer
Paintballin' in paradise
 
IslandP8ntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The 808 State
IslandP8ntballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
IslandP8ntballer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IslandP8ntballer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
IslandP8ntballer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw High School View Post
i would like to say thanks to Mr. Walker because now my midwest series can take off. I have a series in mind that i would like to see a lot of national teams that played NPPL come and play here. I plan to have an entry fee that is less than NPPL and at a min. of 15 teams have a payout thats exponentially bigger than NPPL and PSP combined. You do the math $750 entry times 15 teams=payout for 1st-5th. For more info look at the okla thread under cuspa
Are you joking?!
IslandP8ntballer is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 08:39 PM #71
Jeshua White
Something Clever
 
Jeshua White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: I miss So Cal
I never liked Shawn Walker from day 1 when I was playing the XPSL. And as a referee, I disliked him even more. In SC I found out he stole money, and then saw him in the parking lot doing nothing. I guess I am just making myself feel better by knowing from day one.

Dave Zinkham (who to me had nothing to do with the downfall, he was just doing what he was told), the referees of the NPPL, and the players that had a say in the leagues (Rich Telford, etc.) should get together with the sponsors that contributed this year, and look for a way to find the money to buy the league. If that doesn't work, I guess the merging of both the PSP and NPPL (obviously not around, but something to the effect) may come true possibly.

I have no idea what I am talking about, just spitballin, what do i know? I am just a ******* player and ref.
__________________
Team Implicit

Cal State University Monterey Bay

My Feedback

Last edited by Jeshua White : 12-02-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Jeshua White is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 09:06 PM #72
OMaLLeY
 
 
OMaLLeY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: No.Ho. Ca
OMaLLeY owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
"Sorry Mike, to clearify something. The turf was bought last year before the current controller who handled the financials was working there. During the time Scott was there looking into things, the check was found and brought into question. So, if you want to look at it as him not hiding it because he was never asked about it, then you win. But thats not the right way to look at it. We both know that."

Okay, got it, I do know when Scott came on as I was one of the first to have a meeting w/ him, and when Mark Dodge took over as controller.

There are two points here, then I'm done, have to shoot fools on COD4 or Zombies... Anyway, your first post states that Shawn Walker stole quite a bit of money and that is why Bruce bailed. If you read your post again you will see that. Those accusations made by you in your post are pretty serious. But now we have turf, bought last year, and he was fired for it. That's a lot different from your first post. And might have been made in haste and out of anger because of the loss of a job. That's never a fun place t be in when all those supporting roles for the NPPL were done well and those people lost their jobs because of another's actions.

And lastly, bankruptcy, it's the "legal" way to avoid paying monies owed to others, either pay, sevrence packages, the past rent whatever. And so now those involved, the owners can keep some of the money and run. It's a get out of debt free card.

But either way, you made accusations, that changed to turf being bought last year.. Shawn was, according to you, let go because of it. And Shawn lost the XPSL when he took over from Bonebrake...

True or not it takes more than one man to kill a company the size of PP.

So now it's time for COD4....
__________________
Manager Paintball Sponsorships/ Captain Rockstar Factory/ Eclipse Level 1 Tech.
Sponsors, Rockstar Energy Drinks, DGX Paintball, PB Photography, IMKING Clothing, SLY Equipment, Khrome Paintball and Bauder Extreme Design
www.rockstarfactoryteam.com
__________________
Owner New Edge Sports Paintball in Castaic Ca. Formerly I-5 Paintball...6617026989
OMaLLeY is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 09:17 PM #73
steve king
rep 3-0 till i die
 
steve king's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 3-0
steve king plays in the USPL
steve king plays in the PSP
steve king owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
steve king supports Team VICIOUS
wat does seans ***** *** have to say bout all of this considerin its his fault
__________________
DC FRENZY #121
R.I.P. Shirley Phayre
MARQ 7 F/S
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post68465889
steve king is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 09:30 PM #74
thatcoolkid
these eyes.. are cryin..
 
thatcoolkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
ummm... thanks for payin for my hummer guys? ^^
__________________
It is only until the power of love, overcomes the love of power, that the world will know peace.

Baller's Cafe!
thatcoolkid is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:19 PM #75
Tempest94
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Mike,

I think Brandon is saying that Shawn was fired for cause for numerous reasons. stealing from the comany is a big one. Then he gave you an example of how he stole by siting the turf issue. Bottom line Shawn was fired for just cause and that cause will likely see him in court.

I am sure Shawn has already contacted you and Rockstar about sponsoring his new 5 man league and with that being said....good luck to you!

Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. I worked for Pacific Paintball and I saw a lot of what was going on and helped to get him out of there. Unfortunately it was a little too late.


Best of luck to you in the future Mike.
Tempest94 is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:42 PM #76
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander
 
undrdg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Portland Oregon
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by IN THE KNOW View Post
I would like to go "on the record"....Shawn DID steal and the criminal charges will follow! Brandon speaks the truth!
IT must be true then! wow you are a fountain of useful information!
Who are you mr or mrs person that just joined pbnation 2 hours ago to post that amazing nugget of fabulous information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinoba View Post
bad management = lose money. yes not the same as stealing but money is lost.
I have history with Walker and he stole from me. Maybe he was just young.

He use to work at a paintball store in the 90's. He stole then. Maybe he was just young.

That was my history and now the stories from others are coming from the woodwork. Im just putting things together.
Do you have proof that he stole from you 20 years ago? If so i am assuming you took the proper steps and prosecuted him. Right? No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4paintball View Post
Undrdg,

I want you to understand - I didn't accuse Mr. Walker, nor did I exonerate (SP?) him. I simply stated that I felt there were two logical options of what one might do if in that situation. I didn't claim he would come in here and clear his name, but simple that he would want to clear his name. Maybe that will be in a court of law, maybe that will be in PBNation, maybe in PB2X.

As for your explaination of how things might have gone down at PP - I would say that is an option, but I wouldn't give it as much credit coming from someone who as admitted to not knowing the inner workings of PP. However, Mr. Lambertson appear to be a more credible source as he appears to be in the know and close to the inner workings of PP.

Having had a few dealings with Shawn in the past, I would not agree that your explaination is as likely as Brandon's. However, that is just my opinion.

Dave
Dave
My explanation is based on information that was given to me by employees of PP. So what do we know?

We know that someone posted that Shawn embezzled money. When questioned, that person brought up only one instance that may or may not be true. Said issue was explained and the explanation was just as plausible or more plausible than what he was accused of.

Now because of the statements said by this person, 1 other person has come forth and brought up and issue from 20 years ago, putting into question Shawns character, trying to prove that he is capable of what he was accused. All the while never ever pointing a finger at the a team or management or all of the above.

Just because someone is not liked does not mean they are thieves, that there is an open season on their character based on hearsay and speculation.

That, is what i have an issue with. I have an issues with those that are coming forward saying i told you so but dont' have anything positive to say on how to help or improve the situation.

I have an issue with people being two faced, one minute being in someones good graces and then the next easily switching sides in order to further their own interests.

Fact of the matter is, attitudes like that is probably what caused the demise of this company and is adding the demise of this great sport.

I may not have a blog, i may not be a professional player, but i am a paintball player to the core and I care what happens to this sport and to anyone that tries to help it.

You are hindering progress. You are saying to anyone that is trying to get ahead in the industry- 'we accept what you are doing but don't eff it up, cuz, we will turn our backs on you so fast you won't even know what happened!'

I truly am sorry what happened to all those at PP but blaming and scapegoating and spreading libel all over one person is counterproductive to the very causes you all are talking about.

With your sour attitudes you seem to sour innovation. Your words are like daggers and with them come consequences. So you better be 100% sure of what you are saying before you say it.

How would you both like it if you were crucified in a public forum for something you didn't do.

Cinoba, I can only assume by your name and your sig that you are somewhat affiliate with modefied. What if you were accused of screwing up the Hybrid name for not checking trademark on the name, Or that your business failed because you where using company funds to throw parties at your house...or something completely off the hoook.

Likewise to Brandon, what if someone got on Pbnation and started accusing you of being a poor worker or something ridiculous like spying for the PSP on the inner workings of the NPPL, because you played on infamous and infamous is owned by Kee and has a vested interest in the PSP?

yeah sounds completely ridiculous. But that is how you both sound to me accusing Shawn Walker of a felony.

If you both love paintball as much as you both say you do, then offer solutions and quit being part of the problem.

Last edited by undrdg : 12-02-2008 at 10:53 PM.
undrdg is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:51 PM #77
OMaLLeY
 
 
OMaLLeY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: No.Ho. Ca
OMaLLeY owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest94 View Post
Mike,

I think Brandon is saying that Shawn was fired for cause for numerous reasons. stealing from the comany is a big one. Then he gave you an example of how he stole by siting the turf issue. Bottom line Shawn was fired for just cause and that cause will likely see him in court.

I am sure Shawn has already contacted you and Rockstar about sponsoring his new 5 man league and with that being said....good luck to you!

Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. I worked for Pacific Paintball and I saw a lot of what was going on and helped to get him out of there. Unfortunately it was a little too late.


Best of luck to you in the future Mike.
I'm not saying the the reason posted for Shawn being fired wasn't a right reason to fire someone. I'm just saying that the way Brandon put it, and sighting Shawn as the reason the NPPL isn't around isn't cool. If what Brandon says is true then Shawn will wind up in court, and he will get what's due. Like spending company money on turf and then getting fired as Brandon stated.

But till then it's just accusations. And Pacific Paintball should also say something regarding Shawn. Hell true or not. Really none of the peeps involved are really saying anything about each other and it's coming from people saying that they heard from other people.

And as long as these people, Shawn Walker, Scott Pierce, Bruce, say nothing there will be a void and that void will be filled by others, whether they are right or wrong

And that what's I don't like...
__________________
Manager Paintball Sponsorships/ Captain Rockstar Factory/ Eclipse Level 1 Tech.
Sponsors, Rockstar Energy Drinks, DGX Paintball, PB Photography, IMKING Clothing, SLY Equipment, Khrome Paintball and Bauder Extreme Design
www.rockstarfactoryteam.com
__________________
Owner New Edge Sports Paintball in Castaic Ca. Formerly I-5 Paintball...6617026989
OMaLLeY is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 11:12 PM #78
Tempest94
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMaLLeY View Post
I'm not saying the the reason posted for Shawn being fired wasn't a right reason to fire someone. I'm just saying that the way Brandon put it, and sighting Shawn as the reason the NPPL isn't around isn't cool. If what Brandon says is true then Shawn will wind up in court, and he will get what's due. Like spending company money on turf and then getting fired as Brandon stated.

But till then it's just accusations. And Pacific Paintball should also say something regarding Shawn. Hell true or not. Really none of the peeps involved are really saying anything about each other and it's coming from people saying that they heard from other people.

And as long as these people, Shawn Walker, Scott Pierce, Bruce, say nothing there will be a void and that void will be filled by others, whether they are right or wrong

And that what's I don't like...
Brandon was saying that Shawn did some bad things and also then admitted that Shawn wasnt the only reason. Regardless......I did work for Pacific Paintball in the corporate office...in fact I have spoken with you on the phone. I was a witness to some of the happenings that went on and I did say that you are entitled to your own opinion. I do believe in Karma and Shawn will get what he deserves.

I do not think Bruce or Scott will ever post something about what Shawn did. They will take it to the courts. Shawn may or may not post on here to tell his side......whether they are lies.....we will just have to wait and see.
Tempest94 is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 11:19 PM #79
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander
 
undrdg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Portland Oregon
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest94 View Post
Brandon was saying that Shawn did some bad things and also then admitted that Shawn wasnt the only reason. Regardless......I did work for Pacific Paintball in the corporate office...in fact I have spoken with you on the phone. I was a witness to some of the happenings that went on and I did say that you are entitled to your own opinion. I do believe in Karma and Shawn will get what he deserves.

I do not think Bruce or Scott will ever post something about what Shawn did. They will take it to the courts. Shawn may or may not post on here to tell his side......whether they are lies.....we will just have to wait and see.
So are you saying what Brandon said is true? Can you confirm that he is indeed guilty of what he is accused of? Or are you saying that there were poor decisions made.
undrdg is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 11:21 PM #80
Tempest94
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by undrdg View Post
Tempest
let me ask you this.
Do you agree with Mark?
Which Mark
Tempest94 is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 11:22 PM #81
OMaLLeY
 
 
OMaLLeY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: No.Ho. Ca
OMaLLeY owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest94 View Post
Brandon was saying that Shawn did some bad things and also then admitted that Shawn wasnt the only reason. Regardless......I did work for Pacific Paintball in the corporate office...in fact I have spoken with you on the phone. I was a witness to some of the happenings that went on and I did say that you are entitled to your own opinion. I do believe in Karma and Shawn will get what he deserves.

I do not think Bruce or Scott will ever post something about what Shawn did. They will take it to the courts. Shawn may or may not post on here to tell his side......whether they are lies.....we will just have to wait and see.
And that is all I care about, call it justice, karma, what ever.. But when those accusations are made public by those involved, either by court or actual statement then it holds TRUE merrit! But an angry post from a person that heard from a person at a company or who worked for a company (not saying that anything is true or not true) is hard to hold or accept as true, and should not be looked at as true IMO.

So when the ****e flies we'll all truly know what is up by the texture and smell!!
__________________
Manager Paintball Sponsorships/ Captain Rockstar Factory/ Eclipse Level 1 Tech.
Sponsors, Rockstar Energy Drinks, DGX Paintball, PB Photography, IMKING Clothing, SLY Equipment, Khrome Paintball and Bauder Extreme Design
www.rockstarfactoryteam.com
__________________
Owner New Edge Sports Paintball in Castaic Ca. Formerly I-5 Paintball...6617026989
OMaLLeY is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 11:27 PM #82
Tempest94
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMaLLeY View Post
And that is all I care about, call it justice, karma, what ever.. But when those accusations are made public by those involved, either by court or actual statement then it holds TRUE merrit! But an angry post from a person that heard from a person at a company or who worked for a company (not saying that anything is true or not true) is hard to hold or accept as true, and should not be looked at as true IMO.

So when the ****e flies we'll all truly know what is up by the texture and smell!!
I think that it is hard to swallow for most and people are shocked. Again Shawn was not the only reason for Pacific Paintball going under but his actions did not help. I have never gotten involved on here before but when I saw things being posted that I knew truth about I couldnt stand by and not say anything. Not all the focus should be on Shawn alone that is true, but people should be aware that he did play a part.

And UnderDog for the record "In the know" was also a co-worker of mine and not someone who just came on not knowing what was going on.

Enough said
Tempest94 is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 11:28 PM #83
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander
 
undrdg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Portland Oregon
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest94 View Post
I think that it is hard to swallow for most and people are shocked. Again Shawn was not the only reason for Pacific Paintball going under but his actions did not help. I have never gotten involved on here before but when I saw things being posted that I knew truth about I couldnt stand by and not say anything. Not all the focus should be on Shawn alone that is true, but people should be aware that he did play a part.

And UnderDog for the record "In the know" was also a co-worker of mine and not someone who just came on not knowing what was going on.

Enough said
Funny how anonymity has a way making it easier for you to post "the truth".
undrdg is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 11:30 PM #84
Tempest94
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by undrdg View Post
Funny how anonymity has a way making it easier for you to post "the truth".

So what other fellow co-workers of mine have you spoken with that have told you other wise?
Tempest94 is offline  
 


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump