Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-02-2008, 03:18 PM #22
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonLambertson909 View Post
I have to say one thing. Some good people lost their jobs because of this, my girlfriend included. There were some people in that company that truly tried to do the right thing, but while Shawn Walker was there, it was impossible. Up until his last days there, Shawn had Bruce completely fooled. By the time Bruce found out what Shawn was doing (stealing money from the company...literally) the damage had been done. The economy just added to the problem. Had Shawn not stolen as much money as he did and if he actually had two functioning brain cells and ran the league better while he was there, it wouldn't have ended like this. The funding wasn't there for the next year because investors didn't trust it could do better and Shawn pissed a lot of sponsors off over his time there. After talking to everyone at the Pacific Paintball office yesterday, I can say with confidence that Shawn was ultimately the reason the doors closed.

Everyone can thank Shawn Walker for this!!!
Brandon
I have known Shawn Walker for many years. His wife and my wife are great friends, so hearing you say what you just said seems completely unrealistic.
Are you positive Shawn did this? I like to see the best in people, especially people I know and have been to my house and have had direct contact with my family.
I respect you as a person and as a player, but those are some very very strong words.
We have met on several ocassions, you would recognize me if you saw me. So I really would like clarification on this. IF you can produce solid evidence that Shawn literally stole money from pacific paintball then my friendship is over. But if its just hearsay then lets give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:19 PM #23
darkpyro525
LOLWUT

maybe his hummer might just explode one day while hes driving it with a little help ill make it happen.

"Originally posted by Jocasta: Poor clay can't catch a break No coochie, no nonfat, no likableness, bad what ratio"

Old 12-02-2008, 03:25 PM #24
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

he had that hummer for a long time. he had it the first day he was president. I am pretty sure everyone knew about that.
But for someone like brandon lamberston to say he stole money, there has to be something to that.
I just want to get to the bottom of this. I am not privvy to the internal dealings of PP, but i am sure the mr. lambertson is, being an employee and all. All i am saying is that you think you know someone for years and in the end someone else accuses him of being a crook, some questions will arise. Which is why i am asking them.

I knew things where bad when they started replaying games, but stealing?
Old 12-02-2008, 03:35 PM #25
Black Pat
TakeThereLife.Soul.Bhole.

Black Pat plays in the USPL
Black Pat plays in the PSP
Black Pat plays in the APPA D2 division
Black Pat has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thats not the first time i had herd of shawn walker stealing money from the NPPL i herd it the minute after he was fired or w/e and im just a D3 player i dont know half of the things that go on in the NPPL but when i hear the words embezzlement over and over so i start to believe it.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:45 PM #26
BrandonLambertson909

BrandonLambertson909 is a Supporting Member
BrandonLambertson909 is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by megabork View Post
With all due respect for your gf and a realazation that Mr Walker definitly had the largest hand in this imo , I think theres some other people who were compalcent (sp*) in this as well, the idea that people who worked for pp didnt realize that is was bleeding cash is laughable imo ,.I as a outsider knew it was bad ,really bad and i voiced my concern to a bunch of them Shawn included ,what i got back was a big ish eating grin and alot of placating,basicly letting me know how they were the ones who knew, even at san diego dave was quick to tell me that "big sponsers wanted stadiums" i answered who the hell are you talking about? he in a dreamlike transe responded "coke and nike" i almost fell off my chair laughing, those are culpable imo to the demise of OUR LEAGUE!! those guys have to shoulder blame as well,, every one who worked there and watched as they pissed away money for stupid stuff is at fault as well..
I understand what your saying, but from having an inside ear, I just have a different perspective. Until about the Jacksonville event, Shawn completely had Bruce sold that the problems they were having were normal. Bruce whole heartedly thought he picked the right guy for the job in Shawn and despite being told by the company controller Mark Dodge and others, that Shawn was making horrible decisions and wasting money, Bruce continued to let Shawn run everything the way he saw fit. Anytime Bruce was told something and questioned Shawn about it, Shawn just lied his way out of it. It was a game to him. Bruce was one of the owners of the company along with the investors but he left complete control to Shawn. Bruce came to the office like once a month in the beginning. In the beginning of this year, Bruce had had enough and started listening to what Mark and everyone else had been telling him. He sent in a guy he knew that had worked for the Nielsen's Ratings among other large companies, Scott Pierce. Scott was sent in to take away the business responsibilities from Shawn and secretly check up on what Shawn had been doing. Scott pulled everyone aside and told them "not to worry about Shawn and don't fear him firing you. Im in charge, not him. I want to know everything he does and has done." Over the course of the next six or so months, they took away all his duties other than managing the actual events and gathered up enough information/evidence of what Shawn had been doing to fire him. They wanted a clean break from Shawn. They couldn't just fire him without a solid case against him. The termination had to be for something severe enough so that Shawn walked with nothing due to breach of contract. Bruce was embarrassed he had trusted Shawn, and he was pissed Shawn was stealing from the company. So people were saying things, no one was listening. Shawn fired a few people that crossed him, some of them were even suing PP because Shawn had no real grounds to fire them. Everyone was scared of being fired. Shawn made sure everyone knew he was the man in charge and that you don't question him or his decisions.

Support the unity of the paintball industry, wear your WOLF SHIRT:
http://thepaintballagenda.blogspot.com/
Old 12-02-2008, 03:55 PM #27
BrandonLambertson909

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrdg View Post
Brandon
I have known Shawn Walker for many years. His wife and my wife are great friends, so hearing you say what you just said seems completely unrealistic.
Are you positive Shawn did this? I like to see the best in people, especially people I know and have been to my house and have had direct contact with my family.
I respect you as a person and as a player, but those are some very very strong words.
We have met on several ocassions, you would recognize me if you saw me. So I really would like clarification on this. IF you can produce solid evidence that Shawn literally stole money from pacific paintball then my friendship is over. But if its just hearsay then lets give him the benefit of the doubt.
I promise you on my soul that this is not hearsay. Unless the people that worked directly under him and Bruce himself are lying, then Shawn stole money and product from the company. The exact amount I do not know, but it was enough to put the pinch on the company, well that and the money he wasted on bad decisions.

As far as evidence, I don't have anything on paper and a lot of things can't be talked about because Bruce said he was filing a case against Shawn for the criminal actions he committed while there.

I went to the office Monday to help my girlfriend pack her things. Someone there (I'll keep them nameless) knew I had a blog, and told me to make sure people know what really happened and who Shawn Walker really is. I'm sorry he isn't who he made you believe he is, but he is such a good salesman. He sold a lot of people a lot of lies, and they just unfortunately all unraveled in ours laps.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:59 PM #28
inhibitedtruth

"Making horrible decisions and wasting money" is a whole lot different than criminal stealing. The later being a pretty bold accusation.

If you are wasting money, then yes you should be fired. I can point you towards three guys in Detroit right now that should face the same fate.

Bottom line it that it was a series of mis-steps that did Pacific Paintball in, not just one guy. And if that one guy did dupe a number of other smarter guys, then maybe they weren't so smart to begin with.

Obviously knowing someone who lost their job due to this is frustrating - especially in the current economy - but venting that frustration by spreading rumors isn't too smart either.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:59 PM #29
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Hey Brandon
Thanks for writing back.
Is mismanagement and bad decisions the same as stealing? Because there is a difference.
I can see where you can say that his decisions lead to money being spent that otherwise shouldn't have. But to say he stole the money? Are we positive on that?
IF so. WOW. That means he stole from the teams. Which means if what you are saying is true, he stole from me personally.

I was really angy with the NPPL over the replayed game in Tampa of 07. I felt they had done me and my team wrong, but i learned to live with it and forgave and continued to play. But if what you are saying is true, then he played me for a complete fool as well.

I just can't believe this was the cause.

Last edited by undrdg : 12-02-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:05 PM #30
OMaLLeY

OMaLLeY owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
I have to say one thing. Some good people lost their jobs because of this, my girlfriend included. There were some people in that company that truly tried to do the right thing, but while Shawn Walker was there, it was impossible. Up until his last days there, Shawn had Bruce completely fooled. By the time Bruce found out what Shawn was doing (stealing money from the company...literally) the damage had been done. The economy just added to the problem. Had Shawn not stolen as much money as he did and if he actually had two functioning brain cells and ran the league better while he was there, it wouldn't have ended like this. The funding wasn't there for the next year because investors didn't trust it could do better and Shawn pissed a lot of sponsors off over his time there. After talking to everyone at the Pacific Paintball office yesterday, I can say with confidence that Shawn was ultimately the reason the doors closed.

Everyone can thank Shawn Walker for this!!!
^^ Wow!! What a statement, and accusation! Pacific Paintball is, or was, a corporation, so it's not one person who controls the books. And how quickly some seem to forget what Shawn Walker did w/ the XPSL and that he was the guy who brought Pacific Paintball into the sport trying to expand. NPPL had a great run in 07, not the best in 08. And gone for 09.

So maybe it was Shawn's bad for bringing Pacific Paintball into the sport.. So blame him for that. But that as far as I would go...

But it was Shawn who took the GWS and made it into the largest regional series ever for paintball, got the show inside paintball on TODN, and found and the mainstream media company, Pacific media, into the sport. He was also instrumental in starting the relationship w/ Rockstar Energy Drink and Paintball, and continuing to work w/ me and Rockstar helped keep Rockstar involved in the sport for three years, which not all of it was "perfect", but it was better than what we had at the time.

And also, I find it funny how the one guy who tried to bring this sport up, was the first to get dropped and then was, according to this post, the one to blame.

The biggest thing that upset me, as a sponsor, and a player, was the lack of communication from the other execs at pacific paintball while all this was happening, and those execs just painting a picture of everythings great and not filling in the blanks leaving me in a lurch for the 09 season.

Those Pacific Paintball Execs are now unreachable and do not return calls.... But Shawn is still around. Who's actually running and who's not..

Stuff to think about.....

Oh I hope Walker doesn't have a bored lawyer friend and he looks at this post... Not the brightest crayon in the box...
Old 12-02-2008, 04:08 PM #31
toochman
Toochman

I have been involved in paintball since 1984, this Mr. Walker will not be the last to mess up a good thing. But realize that something good will come from it. Paintball will survive and other options will arise along with new opportunities for growth, more so when mistakes and incompetance is available to learn from such as this issue.
Huge impact from the demise of this leaque and it's effect will ripple through the paintball community whether it be directly with the people involved or indirectly from other leaques who need to adjust to the opportunity. Also there exists the start up leaques that can and will pop up to fill the void where NPPL once held.
This news sucks and the reasons that are stated for NPPL's demise are disturbing. But, this sport has always showed growth with every 5 years of existance since I have been involved. Paintball will roll with the punches, you players will always look for new opportunities to ply your skills in compition. Soon new formats, leaques, styles and equipment will again be options that will reach any player who has the commitment, the motovation, and the ability, that they will always have an opportunity to explore in the sport of paintball.
There is no leaque or organization that is as large or can compare to the size of the paintball consumer base which is made up by the players who are involved in the sport of paintball. Paintball is a multi-billion dollar a year industry and market place, which in itself is a quarenteed existance that most all you hard core players will still be looking to shoot someone, somwhere, and for no other reason then the opportunity to win.....
Member of 518 NINJA SQUAD..
Supporter of the "Upstate Hate" Woodsball Team
www.capitalcombatzone.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/SPbTV
http://tuthilltown.com/home/
Old 12-02-2008, 04:16 PM #32
paintballpunk168
spaceballs the user title

paintballpunk168 plays in the USPL
paintballpunk168 plays in the PSP
paintballpunk168 supports Cereal Killerz 2
paintballpunk168 is playing at Living Legends III
yeah i totally agree but entry is in the 2 grand area so its not that bad but paint is gona **** us
Quote:
Originally Posted by nio101 View Post
Id like to say thanks cuz i cant afford to play xball so ****
NINJA PAINTBALL AMERICA! F**K YEAH!
Old 12-02-2008, 04:32 PM #33
Iceboy (Banned)
Founder: GWFC

Shawn did not bring PP into the sport. Pacific Paintball made the mistake of choosing him to run the show, after some (in retrospect bad) advice from others in the sport.

Even if you give him credit for building something up, what is the value in building up something when it is built on lies and deceit? In the end it all catches up to you, in this case it finally caught up to him and pulled a number of others down too.

He wasn't "the one guy who tried to build the sport up". There were 100 people, men and women, who tried to build the sport up, and build it up using priciples like honesty, hard work and accountability.

While he was promising Rockstar the world, what do think he was promising the other energy drink sponsor?

You were taken in just like many others, at some point you will admit it to yourself.

And it sounds like his lawyer has plenty of other things to worry about right now.

Karma, FTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMaLLeY View Post
^^ Wow!! What a statement, and accusation! Pacific Paintball is, or was, a corporation, so it's not one person who controls the books. And how quickly some seem to forget what Shawn Walker did w/ the XPSL and that he was the guy who brought Pacific Paintball into the sport trying to expand. NPPL had a great run in 07, not the best in 08. And gone for 09.

So maybe it was Shawn's bad for bringing Pacific Paintball into the sport.. So blame him for that. But that as far as I would go...

But it was Shawn who took the GWS and made it into the largest regional series ever for paintball, got the show inside paintball on TODN, and found and the mainstream media company, Pacific media, into the sport. He was also instrumental in starting the relationship w/ Rockstar Energy Drink and Paintball, and continuing to work w/ me and Rockstar helped keep Rockstar involved in the sport for three years, which not all of it was "perfect", but it was better than what we had at the time.

And also, I find it funny how the one guy who tried to bring this sport up, was the first to get dropped and then was, according to this post, the one to blame.

The biggest thing that upset me, as a sponsor, and a player, was the lack of communication from the other execs at pacific paintball while all this was happening, and those execs just painting a picture of everythings great and not filling in the blanks leaving me in a lurch for the 09 season.

Those Pacific Paintball Execs are now unreachable and do not return calls.... But Shawn is still around. Who's actually running and who's not..

Oh I hope Walker doesn't have a bored lawyer friend and he looks at this post... Not the brightest crayon in the box...
Old 12-02-2008, 04:33 PM #34
Justin.Mcknight.

YEAH FOR PSP pz
Old 12-02-2008, 04:35 PM #35
jve153
STD Factory

jve153 is a Supporting Member
jve153 plays in the USPL
Quote:
Originally Posted by toochman View Post
I have been involved in paintball since 1984, this Mr. Walker will not be the last to mess up a good thing. But realize that something good will come from it. Paintball will survive and other options will arise along with new opportunities for growth, more so when mistakes and incompetance is available to learn from such as this issue.
Huge impact from the demise of this leaque and it's effect will ripple through the paintball community whether it be directly with the people involved or indirectly from other leaques who need to adjust to the opportunity. Also there exists the start up leaques that can and will pop up to fill the void where NPPL once held.
This news sucks and the reasons that are stated for NPPL's demise are disturbing. But, this sport has always showed growth with every 5 years of existance since I have been involved. Paintball will roll with the punches, you players will always look for new opportunities to ply your skills in compition. Soon new formats, leaques, styles and equipment will again be options that will reach any player who has the commitment, the motovation, and the ability, that they will always have an opportunity to explore in the sport of paintball.
There is no leaque or organization that is as large or can compare to the size of the paintball consumer base which is made up by the players who are involved in the sport of paintball. Paintball is a multi-billion dollar a year industry and market place, which in itself is a quarenteed existance that most all you hard core players will still be looking to shoot someone, somwhere, and for no other reason then the opportunity to win.....
^^^^ well said
07/09 egos
02 DC custom milled viking
06 Angel Speed "The Gat"
"...now if i could only get my angel to shoot real paintballs."
"i dont think the format really matters, as long as there are players on the opposite side of the field, i think well be able to figure it out"
Old 12-02-2008, 04:48 PM #36
OMaLLeY

Basically what is being said about Shawn regarding the fall of the NPPL/ XPSL are rumors, and not too many people look at every thing, they focus on the guy that is named a bad guy by others...

Karma wise, Shawn lost the XPSL. That's a lot to loose seeing what he did with that league when he got it... Then Pacific Paintball takes over the XPSL and the NPPL, and they are now both gone... Yeah the hired Shawn as President, but they hired him... And we don't really know what was happening w/ the company...

So let's blame a guy who lost his league and let the other who "tanked" two leagues off the hook by throwing the blame at Shawn.

ANd yes, Shawn did say that certain things would be done for Rockstar as a sponsor. Not all happened, but so did Scott Pierce and Bruce. And w/ the three of them saying they would have the same things happen, and then have them not happen makes a point to the company as a whole... It's not just Shawn Walker... But you can say so, one of the oldest saying is "crap flows down hill."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceboy View Post
Shawn did not bring PP into the sport. Pacific Paintball made the mistake of choosing him to run the show, after some (in retrospect bad) advice from others in the sport.

Even if you give him credit for building something up, what is the value in building up something when it is built on lies and deceit? In the end it all catches up to you, in this case it finally caught up to him and pulled a number of others down too.

He wasn't "the one guy who tried to build the sport up". There were 100 people, men and women, who tried to build the sport up, and build it up using priciples like honesty, hard work and accountability.

While he was promising Rockstar the world, what do think he was promising the other energy drink sponsor?

You were taken in just like many others, at some point you will admit it to yourself.

And it sounds like his lawyer has plenty of other things to worry about right now.

Karma, FTW.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:50 PM #37
BrandonLambertson909

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMaLLeY View Post

Look Mike, I know you and Walker are tight, and your going to defend your friend like a good friend would. That's expected. What good things Shawn did in the past, really has nothing to do with what he did recently. Yes, a lot of money issues were mismanagement, but he spent COMPANY money on things for himself WITHOUT the approval of the people he was getting the money from. Ask him how he paid for his turf grass in his backyard. Bruce was furious when he found out Shawn paid for it with a company check.The day Bruce asked Shawn to explain what that check was for and Shawn told him that the company had bought his turf, is the day he was fired. I don't really care if you want to spin it to make that not look like stealing from the company, but how I was raised, that is exactly what you call it. Was he embezzling millions of dollars, no. Was he spending company money on himself without authorization and then hiding it, yes. Could you spin that to make me look like a person who wants to spread lies, yes. Would that make you right, no.

I didn't pull this out of my arse, and if you don't want to believe it, then don't, but it happened. I'm not one to go around falsely accusing people of things this serious.

And as far as people not calling you back. Pacific closed the doors Monday and phones and emails have been turned off for the most part. Im not sure about cell phones.

Last edited by BrandonLambertson909 : 12-02-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:52 PM #38
OMaLLeY

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by toochman View Post
QFT, I'll still be playing every weekend w/ my son and locals if ranking allows...
Old 12-02-2008, 04:53 PM #39
Iceboy (Banned)
Founder: GWFC

All I can tell you is that when all the information comes out you will probably rethink your position. I can understand why you think that way, and why you want to think that way.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:57 PM #40
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Quote:
Look Shawn, I know you and Walker are tight, and your going to defend your friend like a good friend would. That's expected. What good things Shawn did in the past, really has nothing to do with what he did recently. Yes, a lot of money issues were mismanagement, but he spent COMPANY money on things for himself WITHOUT the approval of the people he was getting the money from. Ask him how he paid for his turf grass in his backyard. Bruce was furious when he found out Shawn paid for it with a company check.The day Bruce asked Shawn to explain what that check was for and Shawn told him that the company had bought his turf, is the day he was fired. I don't really care if you want to spin it to make that not look like stealing from the company, but how I was raised, that is exactly what you call it. Was he embezzling millions of dollars, no. Was he spending company money on himself without authorization and then hiding it, yes. Could you spin that to make me look like a person who wants to spread lies, yes. Would that make you right, no.

I didn't pull this out of my arse, and if you don't want to believe it, then don't, but it happened. I'm not one to go around falsely accusing people of things this serious.

And as far as people not calling you back. Pacific closed the doors Monday and phones and emails have been turned off for the most part. Im not sure about cell phones.
Ok Brandon. If what you say is true, then we have all been duped.
Good luck to you and your family in your future endeavors.

Nando
Old 12-02-2008, 05:07 PM #41
Missy Q

I happen to know what Brandon is referencing, and he's not really exaggerating. There were some misappropriations of funds, and I believe some of it is an ongoing investigation. I don't think thats the reason the league dissolved, there were many other reasons for that.

There are no end of people to blame.

You could blame Chuck for recommending to Bruce that Shawn be his replacement.
You could blame Pure Promotions for selling what they built and established as the premier league in the World.
You could blame Bruce, for not paying more attention.
Bruce is a smart businessman, and so is Scott Pierce. They are used to dealing with multimillion dollar companies, and are true professionals. They assumed that this was a professional industry to invest in, and they wrongly assumed the president of the company they owned, who was recommended to them, would be as professional as they were.

I don't think you can blame the staff at Pacific though, they feared for their jobs, the Pure Promotions staff were virtually eliminated (with the exception of Camille) once Shawn took over, and he had a record of hiring people who would not question his decision-making.

I really thought that once Shawn was gone there would be a revival, but it seems that Bruce does not feel this is a professional or mature enough industry to invest his money in (and he has a lot of money). For that, perhaps we should blame ourselves. For example, if I was Bruce, and I read this thread, I would think I made the right decision. I wouldn't even havee to read past Megaborks post, I might even stop at the thread-title.

Just to be clear. Bruce didn't get out because he didn't have the money, he has plenty, he got out because he didn't think it was worth it. Thats a big difference, and once you understand that difference, you should have a slightly altered perspective.

For the record, I have never had a personal grievance with Shawn Walker, in fact I always liked him, he was just ineffectual in his position.

A sad day anyway.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:11 PM #42
Missy Q

PS, it was Dan Bonebrake that built the GWS, not Shawn.