Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-01-2008, 06:27 PM #1
jamiekerr14

My None Biased Review of NPPL -PS3

Hi guys, Well I received my PS3 Version of NPPL 09.
Im wanting to write a small review, about the game I have got the game late as I live in the UK.

Right.. Ok well I have played/Got GHTP Max'd.
My 1st feeling when ordering the game, was pritty excited mainly for the fact of a new pb game. My 1st Impressions of the game were mixed. I have now played it for about 5 hours or so. And now I really like it, there are lots of Little bits that could do with changing. But then there are a few nice features too.. like the bunkers moving when the paintball's/Players hit them.
And some of the things that annoy me are:
Commentary-Very Limited..
Not as much adjust ability.. in the gear menu
Cant change colour or style of headband for example..
And another thing that has annoyed me lots is, For instance when the AI Is running to Hang the flag, On numerous times I would hide, from the AI and shoot a Lane In the way and the AI would still managed to hang the flag! And sometimes all the Opposing AI will run to the same bunker/snake.. which is a bit daft..

There are things like that that can Defo be improved, and obviously other things.. that I wont mention. I think what alot have people have done is played the game for 30 minutes.. and hatted it. I did think at 1 point a Dont like this game, But after playing it for a while and getting used to the controls. Its very enjoyable!

I haven't tried online, yet as Uni net wont let PS3 online but cant wait to try that out
My verdicts

Game: 7/10- Room for improvement..
Controls: Bit tricky at start, but once used to they are great 8/10
Game-play: Few, Issues that need to be fixed 6/10
Menu: 7/10
Fun factor: 8/10-Online may be better
Worth the money: If you have the $ to spare yes. If not.. Not missing anything amazing..
Realistic: 8/10-Bunkers are impressive.. AI Is ok.. not great..
Old 12-01-2008, 08:36 PM #2
NB_Paintballer

Good review... glad to here you finally got your game!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:05 PM #3
bman427

Thanks for the review, been waiting for someone to review it instead of an Xbox 360 review.

I probably will get this game instead of CoD5
Old 12-01-2008, 09:13 PM #4
casperct
SUCKITEASY

casperct supports Cereal Killerz 2
casperct posts videos on PbNation
The game is alright, cod5 is fun too!!

Originally Posted by warbeak2099(on .50 cal)
It gets 1k shots more per fill because of the lazering. Don't worry about it making sense, Chris Lasoya says it's true so that's good enough for me...

Seriously though, his shampoo has got to have ****ing heroine in it
Old 12-01-2008, 09:16 PM #5
jamiekerr14

haha, Thanks Guys.. yea.. Im now on the 1st Pro Tourney.. Bed time as it EXTREMELY LATE in the UK right now. I will Add my views once completed ect.. and add a few more bits.

Thanks NB Paintballer yea, Eventually I managed to find someone selling them on ebay in the UK lol After all that hassle thanks for your help mate!
Old 12-04-2008, 09:40 AM #6
jamiekerr14

Well, I have now Completed/Done everything on the game yesterday. I Still have mixed feelings on the game to be honest, And now Doing the career mode in Pro.. just to make it bit harder. I do think as I said before there is alot of room for improvement. But that wont happen now as NPPL-are Dead. But I really would like/sure alot of us ballers want someone to spend alot of time, Developing a paintball game and listening to us ballers-Hopefully GHTP will be Amazing.. But small, things that they can spend time like For instance Having it almost like Tiger woods. Like the calender when somedays you have Training and someday's-Weekends you have Tournies. And to get better you have to train ect.. and complete the tasks.

And If you want to skip straight to the Tourny you loose A small amount of you ability.. unless you train. And things like that Chances to join new teams, And accept or decline some sponsors ect.. But that's my view. Like the similar style to the later tiger woods games, And in a way similar to Tony Hawks, As you start from nothing to then become a pro ect. And alongside alot of the drawbacks to this game, Ai's ect.. but only time will tell, And hopefully GHTP Will meet these views.. I will be trying NPPL 09 Online this weekend, I will post up my thoughts too.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:07 AM #7
paintdude185

hey, I have this game for ps3 too and i totally agree with this review... BTW add me on psn...my psn is thedude185