PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-11-2008, 12:02 PM #1
paintmarks

paintmarks owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
slg 50degrees temp

hey so i was talking to a couple people and they said from experience,
paint chops at 50 degrees temperature or lower...

can anyone else confirm this? and if so why does this happen and how can i prevent it from chopping?

(p.s. i'm fairly new to paintball... what's chopping? breaking the paint as it comes out of the barrel right?)
paintmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2008, 08:30 PM #2
krnlsandrs

well, on the boxes of paint you get there should be a temp, and what temp not to keep the paint in, and yeah I've played in 50- degree weather, and yeah paint gets real brittle, and the heat softens the shell cause the ball shell is a gelatin, so being out in the cold will also effect your marker, depends on the marker, I've seen people with empire paint to dxs to rps paint, and they all act the same to cold, so expect you gun to not really chop, but balls busting in the chamber, or in the barrel. that's paint for ya
- Dye throttle 70ci/4500 peanut tank
krnlsandrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:37 PM #3
stavey22

i just used mine in the snow yesterday and i had like a million barrel breaks keep in mind i even had my paint in a cooler with hand warmers in it so that the paint was toasty warm i broke more paint than i had ever done in my life they were all barrel breaks so i dont think that it was the temp unless the barrel contracted because of the cold but its a huge bore so i dont think that was the case
stavey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:40 PM #4
[EGO]

im going to be playing in cold weather this week and i just got my slg any tips should i underbore or overbore and should i keep the paint somewhat warm until i play.
[EGO] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:46 PM #5
p8ntballr1125
THUG LIFE

has been a member for 10 years
Tape hand warmers around your barrel and tape some hand warmers on the inside of your hopper
p8ntballr1125 is offline   Reply With Quote