Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 09:40 PM #64
equang2
+0553D uR 54!4d

equang2 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostcell View Post
**** yeah Stoneground, forgot the name for it. I do it to every new pair/every pair before the season.

Pitex isn't that hard to use. I try to be careful with my raceskis so none of that **** ever happens.

Oh, and if you're not using ski straps....USE THEM.
yeah at first i bought a bag but it was so annoying getting my skis in and out of bags for every practice so i got straps. i think i got 2 gouges in my skis from when u have no poles and u stomp on the release lever with the bottom of a ski. i dont think i should do that .

and im afraid of going of jumps. i was skiing this one time. and i decided to tuck and go off a jump as fast as i could. ended up getting about 10-15 feet of air, bounced and crashed on the landing and broke my binding on my left ski. it sucked big time
Old 11-16-2008, 10:12 PM #65
ghostcell

has been a member for 10 years
Bags do nothing, your bases are still sliding against each other, ****ing them off. Straps prevent your bases from touching and rubbing up each other.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:33 PM #66
equang2
+0553D uR 54!4d

Quote:
Bags do nothing, your bases are still sliding against each other, ****ing them off. Straps prevent your bases from touching and rubbing up each other.
i never really used a strap on the bottom tho. i always just used one on the top. guess i should use 2 this year.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:53 PM #67
jogabonito7
boom goes the dynamite

Straps are FTW.

Skillz
Old 11-17-2008, 01:57 PM #68
equang2
+0553D uR 54!4d

lolz 2 skiing threads?
Old 11-17-2008, 02:21 PM #69
Killa_X
Beer-thirty!

Killa_X is a Paintball photographer
wow, awesome, considering i made this one back in september
Old 11-18-2008, 05:16 PM #70
ghostcell

Just keep this one.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:59 PM #71
equang2
+0553D uR 54!4d

yeah. im thinking of buying spyder training pants(dam, 200 dollars REALLY?)
some leki poles since i went through 6 pairs of ****ty poles in my first season(all died from falls, hitting gates)
and i need gloves, im not really sure if i should get those nice padded leather gloves for slalom or pole guards? pole guards to me seem annoying as ****
Old 11-18-2008, 09:03 PM #72
Bobman7
Jewcifer

Bobman7 is a Supporting Member
Bobman7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bobman7 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bobman7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
get pole guards. How tall are you? I have some race poles that i don't use anymore. reusch gloves are the ****, and if you can swing it go Hestra...they're the best. Spyder pants are pretty sick too..if you're looking for deals keep an eye on tramdock.com. They have tons of good skiing-related deals.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:05 PM #73
equang2
+0553D uR 54!4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman7 View Post
get pole guards. How tall are you? I have some race poles that i don't use anymore. reusch gloves are the ****, and if you can swing it go Hestra...they're the best. Spyder pants are pretty sick too..if you're looking for deals keep an eye on tramdock.com. They have tons of good skiing-related deals.
if i get the reusch gloves do i also need to buy pole guards? im thinking of getting spyder pants(not sure where, idk if i can find them local)

im 6 foot 0, i ski on Head supershape 160s(im not rich enough to afford 2 pairs of skis haha, and last year was my first season and i really dont know much about skis, didnt really have much say in which skis i got either, my coach just talked to some fischer and head reps at some ski racer night, my friend tells me i should have bought volkls)
i never sharpened my edges last year and it was fine until at districs, i had some free runs with my friends skis and i found that they turned at the slighest shift of balance, my skis i had to learn how to thrown my hips/weight around, and people tell me im like a BEAST since im pretty out of control carving down a hill. i put a lot of action on my edges but this year i will invest in taking some time to sharpen my skis lol

Last edited by equang2 : 11-18-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:27 PM #74
equang2
+0553D uR 54!4d

wow reusch gloves are 100? is there a cheaper alternative? im thinking leki poles, spyder training pants

maybe nice gloves, maybe pole guards, is there a cheaper race glove than reusch? all i see is 100$ reusch gloves
Old 11-18-2008, 09:47 PM #75
Bobman7
Jewcifer

Bobman7 is a Supporting Member
Bobman7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bobman7 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bobman7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
if you get pole guards you can get cheaper gloves, pole guards are the way to go anyway, the padded gloves don't do that much good. Pm me about some leki poles...
Old 11-18-2008, 10:27 PM #76
equang2
+0553D uR 54!4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman7 View Post
if you get pole guards you can get cheaper gloves, pole guards are the way to go anyway, the padded gloves don't do that much good. Pm me about some leki poles...
so you think i should get nice leki poles and then pole guards? sounds good if reusch gloves are 100, my mom would think thats absurd
Old 11-19-2008, 05:13 AM #77
Killa_X
Beer-thirty!

yeah, reusch and hestra gloves are up there in price, but they are the best gloves you can buy. Look into Burton gloves. They're moderate in price and are a decent glove. I still have a pair from about 5 years ago that still work great, even though they are covered in aqua seal and tape
Old 11-19-2008, 01:54 PM #78
equang2
+0553D uR 54!4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_X View Post
yeah, reusch and hestra gloves are up there in price, but they are the best gloves you can buy. Look into Burton gloves. They're moderate in price and are a decent glove. I still have a pair from about 5 years ago that still work great, even though they are covered in aqua seal and tape
burton makes race gloves?
Old 11-19-2008, 05:03 PM #79
Killa_X
Beer-thirty!

no, but the the way i see it, gloves are gloves. Whats the difference, more padding in race gloves? When i raced, before i got fat, i used glove liners or pipe gloves because i had the pole guards.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:55 PM #80
ghostcell

Quote:
Originally Posted by equang2 View Post
yeah. im thinking of buying spyder training pants(dam, 200 dollars REALLY?)
some leki poles since i went through 6 pairs of ****ty poles in my first season(all died from falls, hitting gates)
and i need gloves, im not really sure if i should get those nice padded leather gloves for slalom or pole guards? pole guards to me seem annoying as ****
Lol, slalom gates do not hurt THAT much. I use small poleguards along with ripped up leather ski gloves. The shins though....**** me that hurts if you're not wearing shinguards.

I need a chin guard too on my helmet for SL because I've taken gates to the face and have chipped some teef.

Oh and I got my HS schedule today. Looking pretty weak, not too many races this year.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:47 PM #81
equang2
+0553D uR 54!4d

Quote:
Lol, slalom gates do not hurt THAT much. I use small poleguards along with ripped up leather ski gloves. The shins though....**** me that hurts if you're not wearing shinguards.

I need a chin guard too on my helmet for SL because I've taken gates to the face and have chipped some teef.

Oh and I got my HS schedule today. Looking pretty weak, not too many races this year.
ok i wont buy reusch gloves. ill look for pole guards, shin guards and the spyder racing pants

what should i look for in nice poles? i dont want to spend over 100, but over 50 is fine and i want something durable/lasting. any help?

people are telling me leki but i want to head into the store with some prior knowlege.

Last edited by equang2 : 11-19-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:53 PM #82
NS RecPaintball

oh hai.
i don't race, i don't do tricks, I just ski.
call me old fashioned
Finally saw some snowfall today. Might be able to hit the good ol' Canadian slopes this weekend!
"When I want your analysis on a situation, I'll wait until you get a PhD in Not-Knowing-What-The-****-I'm-Talking-About. That way at least I know you're not half-assing your feeble attempts at being a full-fledged retard."- Komodo117
Hit the brakes, he'll fly right by
Old 11-19-2008, 07:00 PM #83
equang2
+0553D uR 54!4d

right now im looking at the leki trigger S, 99.99

can experienced racer here help me on AIm real quick with some gear? i still need some stuff and we might ski next week.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:07 PM #84
Killa_X
Beer-thirty!

the way the weather is right now, there's a chance that we'll be skiing next weekend here in ny. Their blowing snow at the local mountain as we speak. I went to the ski shop and checked on my skis yesterday. They're in, but the shop is backed up, so they can't get to mounting them till next week. They are gunna look damn sexy.