Community Focus

Old 11-18-2008, 01:02 PM #85
LiM-O
Michael Lim

Quote:
Originally Posted by christoph562 View Post
****ing sucked
agreed.

for an NPPL event, especially in SoCal, you expect a lot more.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:03 PM #86
dbxwanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitono View Post
I still think it was quite the accomplishment that we were able to take it all the way to a one on one when we were one man down for all three games in the finals.

edit:
Mind you we were a free agent team!
I dunno man. I was a bit peeved on one of your losses. There was a guy in the snake that was clearly shot out - one ref let him stay and shoot out one of your teammates. A minute later a ref from a different side of the field pulled the snake player out. I guess you can't call em all, but a few shady calls like that can definitely cost you.

Kit, your good at snapping. I would have loved to see you participate in that 1v1. (Though it seems like I flank you sometimes!)

-Wanderer
Dye Rotor
48/45
Rich Telford 2008 Digital Camo Jersey (1 of 2)
VForce Grillz
Old 11-18-2008, 04:45 PM #87
UnXpected Killah
Whale HUNTER

UnXpected Killah helped look for balloons
UnXpected Killah owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
UnXpected Killah is an NCPA player
UnXpected Killah plays in the APPA beginner division
UnXpected Killah has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
UnXpected Killah has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
with only a couple of days after the event that funk in the air at sd has became apparent that it was a tough event for everyone to come home from.

so many things have happened that have affected people well respected in the paintball industry this passed weekend. With Bea Youngs leaving in the middle of the event to be with her father in his last moments, Tyson from sly leaving most of us with great memories and now towlie doing the same. this weekend has to be one of the toughest series finale for most.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:52 PM #88
player12345
ICE WHAT??

has been a member for 10 years
player12345 plays in the PSP
player12345 plays in the APPA D2 division
player12345 supports DLX Technology
Event

Had no problems again at this event. I think there was only one instance all year long we had a problem where a ref made a mistake on a call. It was in HB and the ref even said he was sorry and that he missed the call, (what can you say after that nothing at all). What they say is the better team will always win no matter how the refs call go. We had a few deserved 1 for 1s and we played through them and won our games. Best thing our coach and owner ever said to the team was take the refs out of play by blowing the other team off the field, never hit anybody once as you cannot wipe 3 hellfires hits off you, and most of all show the refs respect and you will get it back in return. I know most of the refs from over the years but you will still hear me calling them sir out there and speaking properly to them and not screaming. No one on my team is allowed to argue any calls to refs, I am the only one allowed to speak to them, this solves alot of problems.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:13 PM #89
bigdaddyreg
Im doing 10 in the nation

bigdaddyreg is a Supporting Member
bigdaddyreg supports Cereal Killerz 2
bigdaddyreg donated to help Peyton Trent
bigdaddyreg owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
bigdaddyreg supports our troops
bigdaddyreg is attending Decay of Nations VI
Well I for one thinks the NPPL did a great job, sure it could have been better, but it really was not that bad. I really don't count the military being there as a plus or minus, they (right now) are working their demographic, and paintball is it for that need. For the sport to grow there needs to be more non paintball support, and that is a step in the right direction. The NPPL just let their President go, and that says they needed to re group. With Houston being cancelled, they were a little rusty, but no where as bad as most people are stating. I think HB will be better, since they have time to make a better event versus the past year.

I have expired infractions that are older than most members of PBNation