Community Focus

Old 10-22-2008, 06:20 PM #22
Waxball88
Ego♥

Yeah maybe runners have big heads

This is for the average joe right in the middle
Old 11-05-2008, 12:11 PM #23
kacey

ive owned save phace, Grills, profilers, Jt's, E vents...worst mask to me was the save phace. i regret even buying it . and yes i did try it a few times. i didnt liek the profilers. but loved grillz, Event to me look funny. and still rocking Flexs i like to have my face covered while still rocking bounces, and having "voted the most comfortable mask on the market" and to have 260 degrees of vision.
+5/-0
Support Pump, And wear our paint
UNKNOWN:Congratulations, You can miss me 25 times a second.
fuelpb-Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them
Old 11-05-2008, 02:35 PM #24
protomike89

the thing is that the original design on these were not for paintball at all. I saw a pair of these in a sportsmans warehouse about oh....year and a half ago labeled "Ocean Spray Protection Mask" or something like that....aka to protect your face from those sting-y water drops that hit your face when you drive a waverunner or boat fast.....Hence the original design was meant to take the sting and impact of a tiny water droplet moving at forty miles an hour, not a paintball moving at 285-295 fps (which is roughly 200 mph correct me if I am wrong.) I am sure save phace did some durability change, but the basic framework is the same (which kind of scares me, especially after the lense coming off of that one mask). anyways.

mike
Old 11-05-2008, 02:59 PM #25
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by protomike89 View Post
the thing is that the original design on these were not for paintball at all. I saw a pair of these in a sportsmans warehouse about oh....year and a half ago labeled "Ocean Spray Protection Mask" or something like that....aka to protect your face from those sting-y water drops that hit your face when you drive a waverunner or boat fast.....Hence the original design was meant to take the sting and impact of a tiny water droplet moving at forty miles an hour, not a paintball moving at 285-295 fps (which is roughly 200 mph correct me if I am wrong.) I am sure save phace did some durability change, but the basic framework is the same (which kind of scares me, especially after the lense coming off of that one mask). anyways.

mike

Yes, we made significant changes to the mask to make it withstand the hits of paintballs and our Tactical Masks meet or exceed the ASTM standards of impact resistance and lens retention systems.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:09 AM #26
I'm_Addicted
snowman FTW

I'm_Addicted owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
It seems like 99% of the people who buy Save Phace masks are in the 4% range that the mask isnt meant for.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:32 PM #27
kacey

lol good way to put it . true thou
+5/-0
Support Pump, And wear our paint
UNKNOWN:Congratulations, You can miss me 25 times a second.
fuelpb-Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them
Old 11-17-2008, 06:14 PM #28
killinwithaquest
J-How

killinwithaquest plays in the USPL
killinwithaquest plays in the PSP
so save phace sponsored my old team, we also had empire so needless to say we used the E vents...but we got some safe face masks to test to make sure we werent missing out...two members of my team got them to test, they played with them all day and had the same problems you did, with the sive being to small and areas that shouldnt be exposed...were...the mast was also tight on the sides where it curves in...and there were lines on their faces for the rest of the day

finally at the end of they day, they did the durability test...so they shot a pod of paint at the mask and were not inpressed to say the least...the paint chipped off in big portions, the mask cracked some and the lense looked unusable...

just my 2 cents
Old 11-17-2008, 06:17 PM #29
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Pictures of this damage or video?

I find it hard to believe that masks have have passed all safety standards would just crack from a single pod of paint.

And please use some sentence structure and spell check. Just annoys me...
Old 11-17-2008, 07:08 PM #30
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by killinwithaquest View Post
finally at the end of they day, they did the durability test...so they shot a pod of paint at the mask and were not inpressed to say the least...the paint chipped off in big portions, the mask cracked some and the lense looked unusable...
Without proof.......Shall I go on?
Old 11-17-2008, 07:16 PM #31
99GenX
Well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txvman View Post
I would like proof that SP's masks fit 96% of the populous "correctly".

Really? Have we digressed to "prove it"? If you are eager for a proven flaw in SP's product, send an outstanding member of this forum one of your masks. I'm sure any individual here would be eager to run a "gauntlet test" if it were not their own money/mask at hand.

Last edited by 99GenX : 11-17-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:41 PM #32
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GenX View Post
I would like proof that SP's masks fit 96% of the populous "correctly".

Really? Have we digressed to "prove it"? If you are eager for a proven flaw in SP's product, send an outstanding member of this forum one of your masks. I'm sure any individual here would be eager to run a "gauntlet test" if it were not their own money/mask at hand.
Yes with all of the accusations that have been made against SP proof IS required. Especially when the accusation is of the mask failing.