PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-07-2008, 10:20 PM #1
dam2

Renting a garage?

Hey,

So I'm looking at purchasing this building for business. However, one section of the building has a mechanics garage with 8 in ground hydraulic lift, instead of tearing all that out. If I buy the building I'll be looking to rent it out. How much do you think it could be rented for? Anyone here work at a mechanics shop and know how much the owners pay? Or do you own/manage a place? I'm going to go around to a couple shops tomorrow and see what they're paying around here. I just need a rough estimate right now.

Anyways, appreciate it!

Thanks,

David.
dam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2008, 12:33 AM #2
Carnagge

Talk to a local realtor. Thats what they do. Commercial realtor.

68/4500 tank
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post64366912
Carnagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:35 PM #3
Zacko23

Is the Real Estate in Canada?

Seems like a big garage to have 8-lifts. It could be difficult to rent, which could result in reducing your price per square foot. You're best bet on what you could get for rent would be to order a 'income-approach' apparaisal, then see what sort of comps are used to calculate the rate.

How much of this building will you occupy? Or is this an investment that you plan to completely lease?

Also, as an aside, it maybe awfully expensive for you to settle on this property. Given you have an auto repair shop on the land, most Banks will want an enviromental assessment or a Phase 1 (if its in the US). Just something to think about.
Zacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote