Community Focus

Old 05-17-2008, 12:58 AM #22
visor
Samurai

visor supports Cereal Killerz 2
visor is playing at Living Legends III
visor is playing at Living Legends VII
visor supports Empire
I wish I had time but I just got off work and have to be on the road at 4 in the morning to make it to the game on time. I will have the guys this weekend try it on and we will take pictures and I will have a full review by Tues. The profilers in the comparison picture thread is my old set I sent them.

Company's that I support: Ninja Paintball, Techt, Lurker, Pinokio
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2008, 10:37 PM #23
texaspaintballplpaye

Annual Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
texaspaintballplpaye is a Paintball photographer
This is beginning to turn into something like Virtue. We don't care about sponsored players and their word for the product they are getting free, or paid to use. There has been several threads asking for people's opinions on the mask from players who don't get them free, or are benefiting by wearing them. Every time a complaint is brought up about these mask a rep is there to question and hammer the person who didn't like it. Has it ever occurred to you that they just don't like it? Players have given you plenty of feedback about making something softer, something that covers the jawline more, ect..every time these things are brought up, these sponsored goonies come around and troll the person suggesting this. Look, we get it, you are sponsored by them and have to say every thing nice about them. All in all, your input is very biased, so quit posting it.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:17 PM #24
rdemings

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspaintballplpaye View Post
This is beginning to turn into something like Virtue. We don't care about sponsored players and their word for the product they are getting free, or paid to use. There has been several threads asking for people's opinions on the mask from players who don't get them free, or are benefiting by wearing them. Every time a complaint is brought up about these mask a rep is there to question and hammer the person who didn't like it. Has it ever occurred to you that they just don't like it? Players have given you plenty of feedback about making something softer, something that covers the jawline more, ect..every time these things are brought up, these sponsored goonies come around and troll the person suggesting this. Look, we get it, you are sponsored by them and have to say every thing nice about them. All in all, your input is very biased, so quit posting it.
but on the same note, those that do post about how they like the mask get all the flak from those of you that are too agg to wear this mask. since this thread is for NON sponsored teams/players reviews, i'm going to throw mine in as well.

i have worn masks from every manufacture on the market for the past 16yrs. from the JT whippersnappers and JT softs, to the e-vents and grillz. i've worn soft masks like the proflex, profiler, etc, and while the "bounce factor" is a great theory, it doesn't hold any water for most people. i cannot recall ever taking a bounce on any of the soft masks, on a couple occasions i took a full on shot to the face on my profilers, and ended up wearing all the paint, with none on the outside. i originally thought that the save phace masks would be bulky and heavy, where others have small profiles and are really light.

after receiving and trying on my save phace mask, i must say that i was completely impressed with the look, feel and weight of the mask. the profile is really tight, the field of vision is amazing, and the overall comfort of the mask is off the wall. the jaw line swells inward a little bit, but that's a minor discomfort, and something that i've gotten over in the past couple of weeks. i play with this mask every saturday and sunday, and it's quickly become one of my favorite pieces of gear. as far as the bounces on the save phace masks go, yeah, there won't be any. now skips on the other hand, tons of them off the forehead piece, the ear pieces, even off the front of the mask (i had my head turned the other way).

Jerry, Paul, and all the other Save Phace staff; you guys are doing an awesome think with these masks, keep up the good work! this mask is truly amazing. if given the chance to do it over again, i'd still buy it.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:32 AM #25
SN toter
yeah...I had a Super Nova

SN toter is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspaintballplpaye View Post
This is beginning to turn into something like Virtue. We don't care about sponsored players and their word for the product they are getting free, or paid to use.
Actually neither. We do get a discount, but it is not free and we certainly are not paid. You should get your facts straight before posting.

Quote:
every time these things are brought up, these sponsored goonies come around and troll the person suggesting this. Look, we get it, you are sponsored by them and have to say every thing nice about them. All in all, your input is very biased, so quit posting it.
I don't ever knock someone for their opinion. My review was overall positive, yes. There are some areas of improvement and I noted them. If I see a flaw I'll say so and I do not HAVE to say anything that I don't believe, sponsor or not. I won't endorse a product I don't believe in. If there are particular persons that you are singling out with the whole 'goonies' comment then single them out. I'd prefer to be left out of your accusations...see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatsme
there are members of this forum that want to pick little e fights, but there are also members who come in here with valid discussion points that you are lumping in with the e-tards. Sweeping generalizations are dangerous things, watch how you use them.
Back to topic, Visor, can't wait to see that full review.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:01 PM #26
telder4336

Personally I would have expected something more professional from someone that is a 2 yr supporting member of a major paintball site "Tex". As for the sponsored members, NONE of the sponsored teams are paid to give positive reviews about the masks and NONE of us are given free materials. We get a discount but we still have to pay for the masks just like anyone else. Other than I'm sure that most of the people on here that are sponsored by them did so because they like the mask and what it provides and they are in the specific market that SavePhace is marketing to.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:02 AM #27
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

And another.......
Quote:
I would also like to say that after playing with your mask for a couple of weeks now, I am more than happy with it. Quality and ease of use is top notch. I have gotten nothing but positive comments and have persuaded my team to purchase the masks as well. Keep up the great work and fantastic customer service.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:04 PM #28
thecatonater
poop

thecatonater is playing at Living Legends III
thecatonater owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
hows the porting on it

can you breath well?
Old 05-26-2008, 06:17 AM #29
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatonater View Post
hows the porting on it

can you breath well?
The breathing/ventilation is great on the mask.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:15 AM #30
Brandontron

Brandontron supports Team VICIOUS
Look great and I wish I liked it but i just despise the feel.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:17 AM #31
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

I am sure they will take into account the good and bad reviews they have received here for Version 2. I anticipate the new version. I have not had a lot of playing time this year due to a knee injury that required corrective surgery so...
Old 10-03-2008, 04:33 PM #32
steelrain82
death4rmabove

ok I don't own one and it may be just me but I tried one on and messed around with it at my local shop and it felt great and all but I hope for the v2 you make them a little more comfy for people with glasses. cause I plan on buying a pair of v2s and I hate wearing contacts

-thanks
Richard
Old 10-03-2008, 04:35 PM #33
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

I used to hate contacts too. Try HydraClears and I would bet you love em.

I cannot wait for the V2 goggles too.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:14 AM #34
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

A customer's response regarding his "Boo" mask.

Quote:
I ordered it from MilSim Products (http://www.milsimproducts.com/). I just got it yesterday and I am very impressed. I was afraid it wasn't going to fit over my Rx glasses, but in fact it fits better than any other goggles or mask I have used! Excellent product, I will be definitely recommend it to my friends!

Thanks.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:04 PM #35
PaintedSoldier
adrenaline is the bestest

though Save Phace has a very cool idea with the graphics and all, they produce a mask that is way to hard and heavy for paintball. I bought one of these and enjoyed the graphics, but when the lenses fogged and the mask got uncomfortabl to wear i decided to go with a ProFlex instead =P
Old 11-13-2008, 10:20 AM #36
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Quote:
Wow! This is the greatest mask ever!

Thank you, I will be a returning customer