Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-11-2008, 06:09 PM #1
wiked

so getting into bob long products

im looking at the rapper and the closer i dont want this to be seen as a vs thread all i want to know is; should i buy the rapper or buy teh closer for the 150 or w/e more

PROUD SPONSERS WWW.WARRIORSKATEBOARDS.COM
wiked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2008, 06:13 PM #2
BunkerBomb#o1
BOALT

BunkerBomb#o1 supports Team VICIOUS
BunkerBomb#o1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
It really depends on what you are looking for....

The Closer has:
4c Eyes
Cam Drive asa and rail
Barrel kit (2 backs, 1 front)
Closer trigger (2 finger or "dragon" style)
Milling (Personal opinion, however I believe most like the closer milling more than the Rapper)

Are these things worth the extra money to you?
BunkerBomb#o1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:14 PM #3
M.R.van
bythewayyourmomsayshi

has been a member for 10 years
M.R.van donated to help Peyton Trent
M.R.van owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
M.R.van owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
did you read the stickies its like the first one
Vancouver Vendetta Fan Club #1
M.R.van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:17 PM #4
wiked

Ty for your guys help i found what i wanted to know off of my trusty helper Google. hoping to soon join the bob long family

Last edited by wiked : 11-11-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:51 PM #5
willfong

willfong is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerBomb#o1 View Post
It really depends on what you are looking for....

The Closer has:
4c Eyes
Cam Drive asa and rail
Barrel kit (2 backs, 1 front)
Closer trigger (2 finger or "dragon" style)
Milling (Personal opinion, however I believe most like the closer milling more than the Rapper)

Are these things worth the extra money to you?
Actually the Closer is now known as the Closer EXP at a much lower price than the previous Closer. Its the same marker but slightly stripped down in stock items so the price can come down. The Closer EXP now comes stock with 2 Eyes not 4 (optional), regular BL ASA and not the Cam Drive, 2 pc sized back barrel, closer 2 finger trigger, Proficiency kit, and a Tadao Ryujin board. The boblongdirect.com site is pretty much accurate as I just purchased one from BL through my buddy Ed at Warped Sportz.

And the Rapper current comes stock with 2 eyes, regular BL ASA, 1 pc barrel, Marq blade style trigger, Proficiency kit, and Frenzy 3.0 board. The boblongdirect.com site is pretty much accurate as I just purchased a Rapper LE from BL through my buddy Ed at Warped Sportz.

Is it worth the diff in price of $200 - $150? It deps on which milling you prefer (the Closer is lighter by a few ounces), if you have the extra cash, and if you believe you plan on upgrading. The Closer is lighter, comes with the Tadao Ryujin board. Both are great choices in my opinion...they both now come with the Proficiency kit and shoot smooth and hella fast. Good luck on a tough choice!
Old 11-11-2008, 07:02 PM #6
wiked

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfong View Post
Actually the Closer is now known as the Closer EXP at a much lower price than the previous Closer. Its the same marker but slightly stripped down in stock items so the price can come down. The Closer EXP now comes stock with 2 Eyes not 4 (optional), regular BL ASA and not the Cam Drive, 2 pc sized back barrel, closer 2 finger trigger, Proficiency kit, and a Tadao Ryujin board. The boblongdirect.com site is pretty much accurate as I just purchased one from BL through my buddy Ed at Warped Sportz.

And the Rapper current comes stock with 2 eyes, regular BL ASA, 1 pc barrel, Marq blade style trigger, Proficiency kit, and Frenzy 3.0 board. The boblongdirect.com site is pretty much accurate as I just purchased a Rapper LE from BL through my buddy Ed at Warped Sportz.

Is it worth the diff in price of $200 - $150? It deps on which milling you prefer (the Closer is lighter by a few ounces), if you have the extra cash, and if you believe you plan on upgrading. The Closer is lighter, comes with the Tadao Ryujin board. Both are great choices in my opinion...they both now come with the Proficiency kit and shoot smooth and hella fast. Good luck on a tough choice!
wow i really wish they still offered the original closer not the exp
but ty for the information it helps a lot

Old 11-11-2008, 07:41 PM #7
kohmadcow
!MW2!

u can still find the original closer other places http://www.ansgear.com/ProductDetail...RRED&cl ick=2
they are 300 dollars more though
but if its worth it to u go for it they will both shoot phenominal
kohmadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:59 PM #8
willfong

willfong is a Supporting Member
I personally think the Closer EXP at $900. is hella mo' bettah of a deal than the previous Closer package at $1200. Basically the previous package has only the addition of the 4C eyes, +1 sized barrel back, and CAM drive ASA...these 3 items being worth about $150 retail. Plus the current Closer EXP (the current Rapper from Boblongdirect does also) comes with the Proficiency kit stock which it did not in the past.
I wouldn't go with a previous packaged Closer over the current Closer EXP for $300 more. The EXP is hands down a better deal.

Plus, if you are serious abt purchasing either the Closer or Rapper, give Ed at Warped Sportz a call and tell him I sent you. He'll do his best to give you a few bucks off.

Last edited by willfong : 11-11-2008 at 11:02 PM.
willfong is offline   Reply With Quote