Old 10-23-2008, 03:51 PM #43
STD4
Ole Miss Rebels

STD4 plays in the PSP
STD4 is an NCPA player
STD4 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by spgpaintball View Post
Tex, you answered your own question. You are citing teams that have placed high or done well in one tournament. If you look at the top teams they are consistently placing high and winning. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the teams you have listed aren't good, they aren't seasoned like the top teams out there.
What are you try to say? I played on all those teams tex listed, and still play on Dark Army. Last two tournaments we played in CFOA Xball #1 1st place. We played Chicago this year in D3 Xball placed 8th, and in D2 5man we got second (and 2000$ dollars) losing only to RNT Speed. We are seasoned, we know how to play. Don't talk down on teams you apparently know nothing about. Our Chicago roster team will beat any team in this state in a Xball match (excluding Warped Army).
STD4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:43 PM #44
tex_mania
BSA Support

tex_mania plays in the PSP
tex_mania owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tex_mania owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tex_mania plays in the APPA D4 division
exactly what i was saying. preach bro.
tex_mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:23 PM #45
spgpaintball
Love, Truth, Honor

spgpaintball is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by STD4 View Post
What are you try to say? I played on all those teams tex listed, and still play on Dark Army. Last two tournaments we played in CFOA Xball #1 1st place. We played Chicago this year in D3 Xball placed 8th, and in D2 5man we got second (and 2000$ dollars) losing only to RNT Speed. We are seasoned, we know how to play. Don't talk down on teams you apparently know nothing about. Our Chicago roster team will beat any team in this state in a Xball match (excluding Warped Army).
I don't want to be rude or anything, but did you actually READ what I typed? Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I gave your team credit where it was due. I never "talked down" about your team. I have no doubt that your Chicago roster can beat any team in this state, but I will put my money down on the fact your Chicago roster can also lose any day of the week, just like any pro team. You forget that I used the word "seasoned" that means multiple seasons. If your team continues to have the success it has, I will have no qualms in calling you a seasoned team, but the fact is you don't have more than 3 seasons of winning on the national level. Please let me reiterate that I am not "talking down" about the teams I "apparently know nothing about" and I won't concede the fact that I do not know that much about the teams around here, but I do know what makes up a seasoned team.

Old Guns....
SpiderMan Dm4 M3
2k1 Angel LCD
Fireball Cocker+Uprising
spgpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:22 PM #46
STD4
Ole Miss Rebels

STD4 plays in the PSP
STD4 is an NCPA player
STD4 plays in the APPA D3 division
Alright, If you want to put it that way. No, we haven't lasted 3 seasons winning together, although It is a solid 2. However Several of our players are ex- Swat players and they have been playing and placing well in National events since 05. I'll give you props if you can put together a good National level team with no real sponsors for more than a few PSP events.
STD4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:34 AM #47
neogenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex_mania View Post
**** all of you. especially you, cherry.
Me!.....Aw snap...You really wanna go..Aight. YOU GONNA GET RAPED! AND THEN VENGIFIED! WHUDAAAYYY!!
neogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:19 PM #48
IamSamtheballer
Epik Ref

I moved from MS to orlando and have been here for awhile, and the things gerwin is doing at swat is very very well known in O-town. The field i currently work for is owned by an ex Brimstone Smoke player and he will be the first to tell you that Gerwin funneled a good bit of talent into pro paintball and the lower divisions. I mean, when i used to play there, the skill and talent there is not different from any of the other big time fields in any other states. Actually id say it was higher because of Gerwin's coaching. Only person i know as Gerwin at coaching is my boss/coach. They have that old school heart that built this sport from the ground up.
respect these guys cause we wouldnt be here without them
^_-
IamSamtheballer is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups