alright, im 15 years old, i have a LONG way to go before i make the decision to enlist, but lately ive been thinking about it. i have several questions that i would appreciate answers to.
- Considering im still relatively boot, graduated last September, ill try and help.
-what kind of physical condition must i be in? (how many pushups/situps/mile time etc) whats the requirement?
- IFT the first week of Boot is: 2 Pullups, 44 Situps (2minutes) 1.5mi in 13:30min
- PFT during P2 of Boot is: 3 Pullups, 50 Crunches and 3mi in 28:00min
- My suggestion would be to obviously do whats required every day and excel past the bare minimum. Shoot for 15+ Pullups, 110 Crunches, and 23:00min or better 3mi.
- On top of that, do shoulder shrugs, military presses, and squats in preperation for the CFT. Those are the core spots I felt when I executed the CFT last month.
-whats bootcamp like (i know i'll never really know until i experience it, if i do)
- Boot is different for everyone. Like the rest of your time in the Marine Corps, you get what you put into it.
-whats the usual agenda for a day in bootcamp?
- Lights on, ****-**** Games Until Chow, Chow, Cleaning the House, PT, Class/Drill, Chow, Class/Drill, Chow, Cleaning, Lights.
-what weapons will i probably be trained to use?
- In Boot, you will learn the M16 inside and out, and touch the M249 and AT-4. You will only touch the M249 and At-4 to get aquainted and familiar for MCT/SOI.
- Depending on your MOS, POG's will learn more in depth about the M249, M240, M203, AT4 on the range. Then you will simulate M2 and Mk19. Grunts will learn all the above and more. I couldn't tell you exactly what because im a POG.