Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-13-2008, 09:52 PM #1
MaRiNexICEx

Epiphany actually good?

I've been reading around and I've found mixed reviews...

I am considering buying one for around 150 and I really don't know if it'll be worth it.

Can some epiphany owners help me with my decision because I am really stummped and don't know what to do..
MaRiNexICEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2008, 10:09 PM #2
bracer028

if you spend a bit more, you can get a fusion, a mini, or a pmr with UL frame which is a much better choice.
bracer028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:36 PM #3
Jbuck88

I'm happy with mine so far. Yeah there are better guns out there, but I only play like every other weekend. It's easy to take apart to clean and shoots great out of the box.
Pure Energy 65/45 Carbon Tank
Black Vents Avatar
^^^^^^^
Gun Is for Sale:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...light=epiphany
Jbuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:48 PM #4
MaRiNexICEx

Do they shoot well?
Old 10-14-2008, 01:27 AM #5
Wild Huntsman
El Presidente

Wild Huntsman owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Wild Huntsman posts videos on PbNation
Wild Huntsman is an NCPA player
Wild Huntsman plays in the APPA D5 division
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuwmpcQ_Teg

this gun has a 360 QEV- $20

Redz feedneck $30

thats about it.

so its stock. and the trigger wasnt adjusted all that well. itll be shooting faster now i have adjusted it. plus this guy had never used the gun before this.
Wild Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:59 AM #6
MaRiNexICEx

I don't mean to sound rude in the least bit, but what are you getting at?

It's not that what your saying isn't helpful, it's just that I don't get it.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:28 AM #7
Wild Huntsman
El Presidente

Wild Huntsman owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Wild Huntsman posts videos on PbNation
Wild Huntsman is an NCPA player
Wild Huntsman plays in the APPA D5 division
me?

basically, what i am trying to say here is that this gun is pretty solid stock. the QEV allows you to cycle faster, but more importantly for us, allows you more shots per tank. clamping feednecks arent a must (if you remove the o-rings in the stock feedneck a halo or empire reloader B will fit well), but will help. The bolt in this gun is fairly light weight, the gun is a bit heavy, but not too bad. the stock trigger is amazing.

the only real draw-back (imo) is the fact that you have to take the whole thing apart to clean it. but even then, i have gotten to the point where it takes me next to no time to do so, its just that during a tournament if you are pressed for time the cleaning would suck.

and i provided the video to let you see how the gun fires (granted its in a racket ball court so it sounds wayyyy louder than it is).

the epiphany is a great paintball marker as it comes in the box, and there are a ton of upgrades out there for it. definitely consider it. if you have any other questions just ask.
Wild Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:27 PM #8
only4theweak187

dude in that video needs to learn to keep his gun up at all times ready to snap. not coming out, then bringing the gun up, then shooting.

i love epiphany's, look much better than any ion imo, feel a lot better, and to me the most amazing trigger ever. Very smooth shooting, with a qev its very effiecent and hardly any kick
Old 10-18-2008, 10:36 PM #9
roi de paintball
Awaiting Email Confirmation

i honestly love this gun, it is very reliable, never had a problem with it, its great for the price

i have a black/white epiphany with a 68 3000 hpa tank a viewloader vlocity with a soft crown speedfeed, freak jr. barrel shockteck 3"drop, a cp asa, and a smart parts Q-lock feedneck. smart parts pants jersey and gloves,

roi de paintball (french)= king of paintball
roi de paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:03 PM #10
t21sccr
ifyourgunnawipeusecharmin

t21sccr owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
t21sccr supports Team VICIOUS
t21sccr is for the Gunfight
yo pm me if you would like to buy my epiph for 175 all stock, but the feedneck, but i could throw in a tank and hopper and up it to 225

but i like the gun alot its shoots very constantly accurate the only downside to it is the weight, but if your strong enough to bench a bar then it really doesn't matter i would definetly chooes this gun over a mini, way more reliable plus smart parts has a sweet warranty plan

Want an 08 or 09 EGO, PM me :)
t21sccr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:03 PM #11
garyp25
TimmyTbagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracer028 View Post
if you spend a bit more, you can get a fusion, a mini, or a pmr with UL frame which is a much better choice.
I disagree with this. Ok sure, if you can get a GEN 2 mini for $230 or less, that may be a better value, but it's $80 more than what you're looking at. PMR's are questionable. I don't know many owners who like them. An epiphany in good shape for $150 is fair deal. If you're an entry level speedballer, it's perfect. If you're pretty sure you're gonna get very heavy into paintball hold out for a mini or a used protege, or etek 2
garyp25 is offline   Reply With Quote