Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-24-2008, 07:20 PM #1
clown 65656

gettin out

so I am takin terminal leave on november 26th and thats it I am out. I plan on moving back home. I started doing paperwork this week for seperating and really has started to hit me like a ton of bricks. I am really kind of scared nervous...I feel like I am starting all over again. Any advice from you guys that have already done your time?

My mom told me I could move in with her! hahaha that kind of freaked me out! But I think I have found a place already I just dont know how to pay for it seeing instead of saving my money from my deployment I just bought **** and wasted it on bews.
clown 65656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:23 PM #2
SmArT-SpOrKs
The Power Is Yours!

SmArT-SpOrKs is a Supporting Member
Well that wasn't very smart...
stupid useless conversations with anybody.
SmArT-SpOrKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:44 PM #3
icp1327

It is and was one of the toughest descisons I have made in long time and its already been almost 2 years since I seperated from acitive duty...the only difference I can see is that I had a wife and two kids.

If I could go back I probably wouldn't haven't gotten out but I wouldn't know what I know now if I had stayed AD. I really miss the job, the security and the people. Although I did go Guard 8 days after my terminal leave was over. You can't really compare the two....

Do you have any idea what you are going to do for work? Have you finished college?
icp1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:45 PM #4
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
The new GI bill kicks in next fall. Why don't you go to school.. that's what I did when I got out last year.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:54 PM #5
icp1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker19 View Post
The new GI bill kicks in next fall. Why don't you go to school.. that's what I did when I got out last year.
Heck yeah! That new GI Bill is freakin awesome....Man as a single guy I could easily live off the stipend and having a part time job...heck I wouldve moved back with mom and dad to save even more!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:41 PM #6
clown 65656

Quote:
Originally Posted by icp1327 View Post
It is and was one of the toughest descisons I have made in long time and its already been almost 2 years since I seperated from acitive duty...the only difference I can see is that I had a wife and two kids.

If I could go back I probably wouldn't haven't gotten out but I wouldn't know what I know now if I had stayed AD. I really miss the job, the security and the people. Although I did go Guard 8 days after my terminal leave was over. You can't really compare the two....

Do you have any idea what you are going to do for work? Have you finished college?
Well I am going to try and go back to school. I have like 30 some credits already. i dunno I will probably end up doing construction again....but I dont want to do that for the rest of my life.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:50 PM #7
icp1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by clown 65656 View Post
Well I am going to try and go back to school. I have like 30 some credits already. i dunno I will probably end up doing construction again....but I dont want to do that for the rest of my life.
If you can work for a while and wait till that new GI Bill kicks in, it is pretty tight. Or just begin using the one you got already, assuming you paid into it.

This is a pretty big decision, which is up to you. You are starting over again....Why are you getting out? Have you ever thought about other services?
Old 10-24-2008, 10:07 PM #8
clown 65656

Quote:
Originally Posted by icp1327 View Post
If you can work for a while and wait till that new GI Bill kicks in, it is pretty tight. Or just begin using the one you got already, assuming you paid into it.

This is a pretty big decision, which is up to you. You are starting over again....Why are you getting out? Have you ever thought about other services?
i dunno i miss being home so now that i finally am going home for good we will see how i feel after a few months or year, but heck I am not ruling out the option of trying to join again. I am getting out because honestly I want to make something more of my life, I want to be successful, educate myself and make more money haha.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:08 PM #9
JackH (Banned)
13/f/cali

JackH supports Team VICIOUS
JackH is for the Gunfight
JackH supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
i dunno i miss being home so now that i finally am going home for good we will see how i feel after a few months or year, but heck I am not ruling out the option of trying to join again. I am getting out because honestly I want to make something more of my life, I want to be successful, educate myself and make more money haha.
All of which can be provided to you through the US Military given enough effort on your part...
JackH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:16 PM #10
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
so I am takin terminal leave on november 26th and thats it I am out. I plan on moving back home. I started doing paperwork this week for seperating and really has started to hit me like a ton of bricks. I am really kind of scared nervous...I feel like I am starting all over again. Any advice from you guys that have already done your time?

My mom told me I could move in with her! hahaha that kind of freaked me out! But I think I have found a place already I just dont know how to pay for it seeing instead of saving my money from my deployment I just bought **** and wasted it on bews.
Why haven't you been talking to Defense Contractors? BAE, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, Electric Boat, GDAIS (general dynamics advanced information systems), Perot Systems, etc etc

I just extended for 2 years, I've been talking with Perot Systems and Lockheed Martin for at least a year... these are good companies.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:29 PM #11
ohherrohans
(b^.')

ohherrohans supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Why haven't you been talking to Defense Contractors? BAE, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, Electric Boat, GDAIS (general dynamics advanced information systems), Perot Systems, etc etc

I just extended for 2 years, I've been talking with Perot Systems and Lockheed Martin for at least a year... these are good companies.
and i bet your makin a killing aren't you. i can't wait to start hitting up the contractors when i get out. hopefully being intel, theres a good amount of oppurtunities out there for me.

for the originial poster. go to college and finish it. in todays world you really need atleast a BA to get by and that increases your annual income by alot compared to those with just a GED or high school degree.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:49 PM #12
icp1327

Quote:
How long you been in??? If over six look at a temp sep.....
Old 10-25-2008, 01:06 AM #13
Aero$mitty
Ef. Em. El.

I went to college since I've gotten out. Used both the GI bill, and the college bonus I got when I enlisted. Of course I also have disability and retirement (even though it's only E4), but the GI bill by itself with the bonus is like 1900 for me, and thats not including this whole new GI bill thing. You should be fine.
When in after times I died.
PSN: BLUNT_TRAUMA_117
Aero$mitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:10 AM #14
clown 65656

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackH View Post
All of which can be provided to you through the US Military given enough effort on your part...
lol it aint easy to take classes on deployments then I came back and my last year in they said they dont pay for education your last year. but anyway, ya i am ready for somethin new.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:50 AM #15
Frog on Fire

It one of the hardest things to do, I did 10 years on active service and seperated out, I still think about being in the military and serving everyday. I also think about my wife and kids now and I know that I made the right decision. If I would have stayed in I would have filled the stat of divorced members in the military. Being in the service will always be with you.
Good Luck on the outside.

GUNFIGHTERS Homepage
Thank you sponsors of the GUNFIGHTERS: Kingdom Paintball, ChristKrew Apparel, Katspix.com, Practicepaint.com, Xternalpaintball, BCD and www.titaniumsportz.com
GUNFIGHTERS for life baby!
Frog on Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:50 AM #16
clown 65656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog on Fire View Post
It one of the hardest things to do, I did 10 years on active service and seperated out, I still think about being in the military and serving everyday. I also think about my wife and kids now and I know that I made the right decision. If I would have stayed in I would have filled the stat of divorced members in the military. Being in the service will always be with you.
Good Luck on the outside.
thanks man I appreciate that.