Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-16-2008, 06:20 AM #1
cammicam

Vibe or Ion?

Hey guys i was looking into buying either a SP Vibe or Ion(not XE). They are both about the same price and they both shoot damn fast. I was wondering if anyone has anything to say about both of these guns.

Thanks.
cammicam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2008, 07:54 AM #2
ChanceCoats123
Biking, Hacking, Baller

Plain and simple ions have more upgrades, which will in turn make you spend more on top of the higher price. The vibe is a very well rounded starter gun and doesn't need anything out of the box, unlike the ion with a feed neck. The vibe also has a better reg, power button, the trigger is nice and it's bob.

Quitting Sale!
ChanceCoats123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:24 PM #3
GunnaStunna
Giggity Giggity

if the ion is new, it is about 30 bux more, so get the vibe and put the extra $30 into a barrel, or save up for barrel kit or HPA tank

The "I agree with GunnaStunna" count: 23
GunnaStunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:05 PM #4
THUMP3R420
THUMP3R

Well, the Vibe is $150, the old Ion is about $160 or $170, and the new Ion XE is $225.
The best bang for your buck is the Vibe, like the others said, not quite as many ups, but they are working on it. I don't know too many players that that don't upgrade their gats. Remember, the Vibe like both the Ions uses the same bolt(a good upgrade). You can change the reg if you must, but theres nothing wrong with the stock one, the stock reg is pretty consistant with hpa.
The Vibe and new Ion XE's have the bolt out back. I love this feature. EEEEEEEEEASY to work on, only one moving part. The anti chop works good too, no eyes, but still works great. I put an EVlution III on it and I have never chopped, ever.
Everyone usually replaces the barrel. I recommend the Invert Carbon Fiber. $60 bucks, but well worth it. So there you have it. Hope it hepled some. And remember, there are actually quite a few ups for the vibe. It seems the original statements about the vibe being a basic non upgradeable marker are false. Read some of the crazy stuff these guys have done to their vibes. Its pretty upgradeable if you ask me.

Oh and if you really want to go balls out and can scrape up $199.00, Actionvillage is selling the Epiphony. Thats friggin half price. If not, Get a vibe. I love mine.
THUMP3R420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:43 PM #5
xblackstarx (Banned)
poke my penguin and die..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammicam View Post
Hey guys i was looking into buying either a SP Vibe or Ion(not XE). They are both about the same price and they both shoot damn fast. I was wondering if anyone has anything to say about both of these guns.

Thanks.
vibe hands down. the ion is like a honda civic whereas the vibe is like a del sol.

civic = put more stuff on it

del sol = maybe some rims.
xblackstarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:25 PM #6
GunnaStunna
Giggity Giggity

well the epi isnt really half price at 200 anymore, its been that for a while

Old 10-17-2008, 01:23 PM #7
Hammar

ION > Vibe - as far as performance goes.

Vibe > ION - Ease of Maintenance.

ION XE > Vibe in every way.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:04 PM #8
ATLpaintball96 (Banned)
****Check out my sale****

vibe. Ions suck, and if people tell u that their ion rocks and says urs suck cause it doesnt have eyes (LOW FORCE BOLT, PAINT NEVER BREAKS) then they wil c when their gun breaks down and their trigger breaks in half.
ATLpaintball96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:19 PM #9
GunnaStunna
Giggity Giggity

ok dont go making **** comments like that. the ion isnt a piece of crap. all the teens who bought ions when they were new made comments like yours and thats why the world frowns upon all ions and ion shooters. but please explain to me, Hammar, how the Ion is better than the vibe in performance. other than the higher bps, which doesnt even matter if your on semi, the ion and the vibe are essentially the same internally except for O ya the anti chop bolt in the vibe resulting in zero chops with any paint that doesnt completely suck

Old 10-18-2008, 09:56 AM #10
THUMP3R420
THUMP3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnaStunna View Post
ok dont go making **** comments like that. the ion isnt a piece of crap. all the teens who bought ions when they were new made comments like yours and thats why the world frowns upon all ions and ion shooters. but please explain to me, Hammar, how the Ion is better than the vibe in performance. other than the higher bps, which doesnt even matter if your on semi, the ion and the vibe are essentially the same internally except for O ya the anti chop bolt in the vibe resulting in zero chops with any paint that doesnt completely suck
THE VIBE IS UBER EASY TO WORK ON!!!
Whooo Whoooo! The mans got a great point here. JUST GET A VIBE!!! We are all enjoying ours. These days for me, less moving parts = less parts to cause problems, more time playing, and with a really good loader(more than 11bps), well you don't need anti-chop really. Use a good paint. However, if the anti-chop does kick in, it friggin works. And that also means longer battery life, cuz ya ain't powerin them eyes.

And people PLEASE, don't bust on other peoples gats. We're all in this sport together. We all buy what we hope works and we can afford. SmartParts does not make a crappy product, period. And Ions do not suck. I have friends that have had em for a few years and never a single problem. Most problems are operator error.

See Dick play paintball. See Dick rag on other peeps gats. See Dick brag about the gat his mom bought. See Dick wipe. See Dick walk to the dead box with his head down after you pwn his @$$.
DON"T BE DICK.

Last edited by THUMP3R420 : 10-18-2008 at 09:59 AM.
THUMP3R420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:51 AM #11
ATLpaintball96 (Banned)

Quote:
they require upgrades llike ****. NO resale value, sp designed them to fail, thus needing upgrades. Ions rnt worth the money, trouble, and hassle. Though, I do admit I was a little harsh.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:38 PM #12
Hammar

Quote:
Hi,

Really the at the crux of performance in a paintball marker is the rate of fire and regulator consistency. Ions and Vibes (while not the same) have relatively (same company, basically same performance) similar regulators. As far as rate of fire on a stock ion compared to a stock vibe 17bps to 11bps respectively. So an Ion is over 50% faster than a Vibe. If you play paintball against guys with slow tippmanns(some of them are fast now) then yes 11bps will be competitive....but even if you are playing against guys with slow tippmanns do you want to have competitive gear, or dominant gear. 17bps is significantly faster and better than 11bps especially when you consider just about anyone can walk a trigger (pure semi) faster than 11bps with no ramping or added shots. For anyone who can walk a trigger that speed a Vibe will be slow, and lose many shots

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with a Vibe, and when compared to new markers in the same price range, they fair very well. However, to say a Vibe can match the performance of an Ion is a fallacy. Price being equal I would never choose an Vibe over an Ion.... And I have owned a Vibe, Ion, Ion Xe, and an Eos.

Last edited by Hammar : 10-20-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Hammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:24 AM #13
GunnaStunna
Giggity Giggity

first off when u ask which is better a vibe or an ion performance is not the only thing that comes to mind. and on semi it is very hard to fire the ion much faster than the vibe with the POS trigger on it, even though the vibe trigger isnt that much better. and other than a feedneck, the ion doesn't need any upgrades that the vibe also doesn't need. so to avoid this thread turning into a war and to avoid making this forum look like the home of a bunch of clueless noobs, i'll end this discussion with this: it is the player not the gun that matters most. that sentence can end any argument just like that. I'll pwn you all day with a 98 custom even if you have an ego IF I'M GOOD ENOUGH. notice i didnt say i could do that, i said i would if i was good enough.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:53 PM #14
omlette2331

thnx gunnastunna, now i don't think i posted i nthis thread yet but i was watching it and thank you, i thot we had WW3 on our hands.

I own a vibe, shoots perfectly fine, my friend own'd an awesome ion shot great 2.
Vibe Owners Club #10
Shocker NXT/ Vibe/
Crossy 70/45
Empire B2/ Torque

Superman Shocker NXT F/S
omlette2331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:56 PM #15
ATLpaintball96 (Banned)

ions trigger magnets are unforgivible. They are hard to walk, and 17 isn't even possible.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:30 PM #16
xblackstarx (Banned)
poke my penguin and die..

stop flaming ok. we all owned an ion. just because you have anger issues doesn't mean you should be angry at the fallacies of other things.

now i would say that stock the vibe is better. because you can replace most everything in those 2 guns now. an ion has more parts available but the vibe is allready good stock for a new guy. nwo if you were more experienced i would say to get a used ion and then upgrade but that is personal opinion. oh btw everybody ignore ATLpaintball96 he just likes to flame.
xblackstarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:53 PM #17
Mespllingesnogud

The Vibe and Ion are practically the same gun. Literally, if you put the same reg and board in both of them, you would not be able to tell the difference in performance. I'm actually hooking my old Vibe solenoid to an Ion board so I can get the best of all worlds; eyes, mechanical anti chop, ROF, etc...

Put a new board in the Vibe, and it would beet out the Ion in almost every way for the cost. The thing is, I barely even distinguish the two anymore. Neither is more likely to break or stop working, because they have the EXACT SAME internal system. They just have different externals, and a different board/noid.

The old Ion is more difficult to take apart, but the Ion EX is just as easy with the BOB.
Mespllingesnogud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:18 PM #18
GunnaStunna
Giggity Giggity

look ATL is just grumpy, he's not a gay flamer, trust me. he just got a little too carried away. let's just forget this whole thread ever happened. especially since the original poster hasnt been online for 3 days.

hey guys come over to the vibe owners club so we can get some real talk goin huh?

Last edited by GunnaStunna : 10-20-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:21 PM #19
Fr3shTaD3ath

vibe
Fr3shTaD3ath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:51 PM #20
Lasty McNasty
swagR

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblackstarx View Post
vibe hands down. the ion is like a honda civic whereas the vibe is like a del sol.

civic = put more stuff on it

del sol = maybe some rims.
LOL, bad metaphor.

Anyways, I was thinking about this as well. I like the body of the Vibe better, as well as how it's pretty cheap. And no one has complained about it chopping so far. Plus, it's small and compact, I love it.

Sure, Ion has more upgrades available. But give the Vibe some time and the upgrades should be there. As for me, I like to keep my guns stock, maybe with a barrel upgrade at most.

HT GDD
PBN Member Kookan - You owe me money.
Lasty McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote