Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-04-2008, 07:31 AM #1
Lathrop$

Tips/tricks to day trading?

Does anyone have any tips for day trading? My dad says its gambling, and I tend to agree due to his years of wisdom/consistant sucess in the stock market, but I am extremely curious to see the other side of things. Anyone know of any tips or tricks that they feel put chance on your side? How does one who claims to make money consistantly in day trading operate, how does he think?

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1977037
Lathrop$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2008, 08:17 PM #2
morreo

Day-traders have edges that the common man does not. Some simply think that market intelligence is an edge.

However, there are many other edges that not anyone can acquire. One is market making, another is a huge portion of capital to work with. There are also many markets that are easier to trade than others. I personally think stocks are the hardest I've ever traded. I don't think day trading is gambling at all. There are plenty of guys who make money every month day trading.

To make money consistently day trading takes discipline above all. Then it takes a well crafted strategy. If these two things can be used hand in hand, then anyone can make money daily.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:50 PM #3

845 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
As mentioned above it takes a lot of money, a well crafted strategy and a lot of discipline. Nothing is a "gamble". The person chooses to gamble. Winners make their own luck.

If you want to learn more about daytrading your best bet is barnes and noble. Read all the books you can find on the stock market. Eventually you will begin to think like the stock market.

If you want to practice check out www.updown.com

When you trade in the stock market, make sure you make choices based on sound financial theory, not speculation.
845 is offline   Reply With Quote