1. Knock off the flaming.
I know you're young and full of angst--we've all been there at some time or another. I also understand that some of these videos aren't worth your time and trouble. Believe me, I feel for you. I have to watch ALL the videos from start to finish. You, on the other hand, have the option to turn it off. So rather than flame somebody, just close the video and walk away. That's all you have to do. Walk away smiling, knowing that I'm stuck watching that turd and you aren't.
2. Don't bypass the swear filter.
The filter's there for a reason. There are plenty of colorful words that AREN'T in the swear filter. Use those instead. If you have to swear, go ahead and spell it out properly. Users have the ability to disable the swear filter, meaning they'll see your profanity in all its ****ing splendor.
3. Don't be a waste of bandwidth.
This includes first posts, trolling, and doing things that are in direct violation of the stickies. If you've got to be an asshat, do it on myspace. I've heard Tom loves that sort of thing.
4. Don't tell someone to drink bleach or do some other kind of harm to themselves.
Violate this one and you risk an extended vacation. The bleach thing is just that played out. If somebody really annoys you that much, click on their username, then click on the link that says "add _____ to your ignore list". This will make ALL of their posts disappear from your screen, making them dead to you.
5. No more commenting that a video is old. Big deal if you've seen it before, there are other people who probably haven't. Your post adds nothing to the conversation. The mods have the ability to merge threads and will do so if there are multiple active threads for the same video. Plus the fact that I will add it here soon.
6. No links to copies of commercial videos. They are usually illegal copies. This will earn you a perm ban. Users who post in these threads also risk a temp or perm ban. Company-released trailers are OK.
7.The 2k7 thing is also getting old, especially coming from 2k6 users. Don't even start drama with any user, they may have useful knowledge, just because they're new to the site doesn't mean didily poop.
8.When posting a video, make sure the title is accurate with what the video is about, we are all tired of awsome chicks make out, and it turns out you get "Rick Rolled"
9. Old Videos that are posted that are in this sticky, once declared old by myslelf or many other users, stop posting, it brings up the thread and tends to start e-fights, and a lot of flaming.