Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2008, 07:23 PM #22
phisighouck
 
 
phisighouck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
phisighouck donated to help Peyton Trent
phisighouck owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3th View Post
that's right, it doesn't matter how good your paint to bore match is if you're using cheap paint. I've experienced this first hand on a scenario game and I went thru all my backs, sleeves, different barrel kits, lengths, tip, markers, you name it. if it's cheap and dimpled it will not be accurate and consistent. It was funny because I remember some kids making fun of guys with $1000 markers like ego 8, angel fly and dm9 - thinking it's a waste of money and their marker is crap but in reality it's just the paint we were shooting that day.
OH MY GOSH. SERIOUSLY?
phisighouck is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2008, 11:53 PM #23
Mr. Stealthy
 
 
Mr. Stealthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by phisighouck View Post
Yes, I understand that over-boring is the way to go. I've said this three times now. I never disagreed. My point, which some wanted to argue, is that I've never needed a back that big to over-bore the paint I use. I live in West Virginia, and its like a rain forest here in the summer time. I can't imagine much worse humidity. My .693 back is TOO big, even then. It creates consistency issues and poor accuracy with all price ranges of paint we have at the field from white box to X-ball gold. I don't know anyone that uses a back this size. I would love to see the paint that barrel back properly accommodates. It must be the crap paint of which you are all speaking.
Oh, by the way, do you know it isn't wise to store your paint in the sun?
Just relax man..
Mr. Stealthy is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 10:31 AM #24
marcus0069
 
 
marcus0069's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
marcus0069 plays in the PSP
marcus0069 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by phisighouck View Post
Yes, I understand that over-boring is the way to go. I've said this three times now. I never disagreed. My point, which some wanted to argue, is that I've never needed a back that big to over-bore the paint I use. I live in West Virginia, and its like a rain forest here in the summer time. I can't imagine much worse humidity. My .693 back is TOO big, even then. It creates consistency issues and poor accuracy with all price ranges of paint we have at the field from white box to X-ball gold. I don't know anyone that uses a back this size. I would love to see the paint that barrel back properly accommodates. It must be the crap paint of which you are all speaking.
Oh, by the way, do you know it isn't wise to store your paint in the sun?
okay one, west virginia... cant imagine much more humidity.. come to south Fl. and its not only "crap" paint that we are speaking. I've shot plenty of draxxus gold and former hellfire in certain weather conditions that relied on over-boring to get through the day. 05' Cup for example. and on another note, it isnt smart to store your paint in the sun, but it is very smart on a cold day to pull your bags out of your case and lay them in the sun for a good hour or so.
__________________
[+] Annihilators EDGE[+]
2k10 CFPS [D4Rt4] Series Winners
1st Place CFPS Event 5 [D4Rt2]
1st Place PSP Mao [D4Rt4]
Oasis Paintball Park
- Empir3 - RPS - Craig Lewis
EVIL is in my veins. . .
marcus0069 is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 10:47 AM #25
Juice_oo7
 
 
Juice_oo7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kingston, Ontario
I would have to say that where I live (Ontario, Canada) and paint i have used, .689 is not always an overbore, although that is the size i most commonly use probably 90% of the time, but there have been a few times where the .693 i got with the ego was used. Either way, nothing for any of us to get angry about, eclipse will offer more backs and they sell them at a great price compared to other barrel makers. So simply grab another back, if you can afford a $1250 gun you can probably spurge and grab a couple extra backs.
__________________
Juice_oo7
Juice_oo7 is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 11:28 AM #26
phisighouck
 
 
phisighouck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
phisighouck donated to help Peyton Trent
phisighouck owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ever been to WV? I've been to South Florida many times. You don't know what humid is until you come here in June. All the vegetation here makes it almost unbearable. Even then, however, I don't need something that big to over-bore. I've never even used the .693. Can I afford a new barrel? Uh, yeah. But why should I have to buy one after paying $1200 for the marker. You kinda made my point for me there.
If you say you use the .693 regularly, I believe you. I've just never seen anyone in my region use a back that big on a regular basis, even to over-bore. Maybe the paint that is distributed to this area has a smaller diameter. I don't know.
I'm not getting angry, just annoyed. Some of you are presuming to know more about my situation than I do.
phisighouck is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 12:40 PM #27
Jkpz28
EGO OT's Long Lost Son
 
Jkpz28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The South
Annual Supporting Member
Jkpz28 is a Supporting Member
History for Charleston, WV
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Average Humidity 65
Mean Temperature 71 F / 21 C

History for Orlando, FL
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Average Humidity 82
Mean Temperature 78 F / 25 C

I know what Hmidity feels like
History for Pascagoula, MS
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Average Humidity 94
Mean Temperature 77 F / 25 C


You seem to be the only person having a problem with the 693 btw, Just thought I would note that.
__________________
Get pics by Choppapb.com
Only use the best:
Planet Eclipse , Swatpaintball , & Warped Sportz

Last edited by Jkpz28 : 10-21-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Jkpz28 is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 01:25 PM #28
Juice_oo7
 
 
Juice_oo7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kingston, Ontario
I wasnt trying to flame or say that you need the .693, I was simply trying to point out that some of us have had the need for the .693, I dont use it often as I said before, only about 10% of the time. I guess no matter what bore it is, it wont work for everyone depending on paint they use, where they live, etc etc, and atleast its cheap to pick up a spare back from eclipse for those of us where the .693 doesnt work.
__________________
Juice_oo7
Juice_oo7 is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 07:33 PM #29
phisighouck
 
 
phisighouck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
phisighouck donated to help Peyton Trent
phisighouck owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpz28 View Post
History for Charleston, WV
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Average Humidity 65
Mean Temperature 71 F / 21 C

History for Orlando, FL
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Average Humidity 82
Mean Temperature 78 F / 25 C

I know what Hmidity feels like
History for Pascagoula, MS
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Average Humidity 94
Mean Temperature 77 F / 25 C


You seem to be the only person having a problem with the 693 btw, Just thought I would note that.
Hey genius, WV is a rural state. Nice of you to list the humidity of the largest city. I wonder how many forests they have in Charleston? Maybe you don't understand humidity. It can be caused by a number of factors, including vegetation. You see, trees do something called photosynthesis. When they pull in CO2 from the air, they lose water through little holes in their leaves called stomata. This is called transpiration. Its part of the water cycle your teacher taught you in 4th grade and causes HUMIDITY. Your point was that I live in an area that doesn't experience a large amount of humidity. I guarantee it is just as humid here in the summer. My classroom grows mold on everything over the summer if someone doesn't keep a dehumidifier running. What causes mold to grow? HUMIDITY.
So, again, don't presume to know more about something that I experience on a regular basis and observe with my own eyes. I'm telling you, those backs are useless (at least in my area) and it pisses me off that every PE gun I get has that waste of metal for a barrel.
phisighouck is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 09:42 PM #30
Jkpz28
EGO OT's Long Lost Son
 
Jkpz28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The South
Annual Supporting Member
Jkpz28 is a Supporting Member
Post your zip. Im willing to bet its not as humid as a comaparable city in FL.

Keep pretending you know what you are talking about. I play in a very very humid area, infact I take weather readings every week to report actual and virtual temps for our area to reflect the working conditions for each day of the week. Its humid and the 693 helps alot when paint starts to deform due to how hot and humid it gets.

Once again its amazing only you have a complaint about it.
__________________
Get pics by Choppapb.com
Only use the best:
Planet Eclipse , Swatpaintball , & Warped Sportz

Last edited by Jkpz28 : 10-21-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Jkpz28 is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 12:20 AM #31
Mr. Stealthy
 
 
Mr. Stealthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by phisighouck View Post
Hey genius, WV is a rural state. Nice of you to list the humidity of the largest city. I wonder how many forests they have in Charleston? Maybe you don't understand humidity. It can be caused by a number of factors, including vegetation. You see, trees do something called photosynthesis. When they pull in CO2 from the air, they lose water through little holes in their leaves called stomata. This is called transpiration. Its part of the water cycle your teacher taught you in 4th grade and causes HUMIDITY. Your point was that I live in an area that doesn't experience a large amount of humidity. I guarantee it is just as humid here in the summer. My classroom grows mold on everything over the summer if someone doesn't keep a dehumidifier running. What causes mold to grow? HUMIDITY.
So, again, don't presume to know more about something that I experience on a regular basis and observe with my own eyes. I'm telling you, those backs are useless (at least in my area) and it pisses me off that every PE gun I get has that waste of metal for a barrel.
Florida is one of the most humid places in the country. Regardless, the larger bore helps out a lot with preventing barrel breaks in general. We all use .692 or .693 backs here in montana where it is not even humid why? because it breaks less paint,period. The larger overboring gives you a huge cushion for a wide variety of circumstances that could cause paint to break and it works. Nearly everyone with a significant amount of playing experience in tournament paintball will tell you it works. You would be surprised to see how many people purchase .692 and .695 backs for DMs because they used to come with an .688. If you don't care for it, thats fine, but don't assume the barrel is junk or that anyone else is going to agree with you on the situation. The PE barrels have alway provided excellent accuracy, consistency, and people love the larger bore.
Mr. Stealthy is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 08:18 AM #32
phisighouck
 
 
phisighouck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
phisighouck donated to help Peyton Trent
phisighouck owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
You people really show how intelligent you are by continuing to argue a point that I never disagreed with. Over and over you continue to explain it is for over-boring. I understand that. All I ever said is that here, in my area, shooting the paint I shoot, I can successfully over-bore with a .689 back. I don't know about where you live because I don't consistently play there! All you really ever needed to say is that you need that size to accomplish over-boring. That's it. Instead, you continue to make one comment after another about something I never complained about in the first place. The comments about me shooting crap paint and not being able to understand humidity (I guess now I have a faulty nervous system) were totally unneccessary.
Yeah, I agree, Floridia is going to be humid pretty much year round. However, I guarantee it is just as humid here in June, if not more so. Explain to me, since you all are such mental giants, why even then I still don't need that peice of crap .693 back. Oh, and I'm not the only one that doesn't use it. In fact, you morons are the first I've ever run across that do.
phisighouck is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 08:31 AM #33
Jkpz28
EGO OT's Long Lost Son
 
Jkpz28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The South
Annual Supporting Member
Jkpz28 is a Supporting Member
Post your zip then Ill pull the humidity for your area. Is it that hard to do?

Until then Im going to continue to call shens on your humidity comments. I dont have to explain to you why you need it. I dont care if you need it. Your comments make me think you ar trolling to get reactions. So I have a hard time believing you.
__________________
Get pics by Choppapb.com
Only use the best:
Planet Eclipse , Swatpaintball , & Warped Sportz

Last edited by Jkpz28 : 10-22-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Jkpz28 is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 08:32 AM #34
phisighouck
 
 
phisighouck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
phisighouck donated to help Peyton Trent
phisighouck owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpz28 View Post
Post your zip. Im willing to bet its not as humid as a comaparable city in FL.

Keep pretending you know what you are talking about. I play in a very very humid area, infact I take weather readings every week to report actual and virtual temps for our area to reflect the working conditions for each day of the week. Its humid and the 693 helps alot when paint starts to deform due to how hot and humid it gets.

Once again its amazing only you have a complaint about it.
Yeah, I bet you do. And get up every morning go outside with a sling psychrometer.
phisighouck is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 08:35 AM #35
Jkpz28
EGO OT's Long Lost Son
 
Jkpz28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The South
Annual Supporting Member
Jkpz28 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by phisighouck View Post
Yeah, I bet you do. And get up every morning go outside with a sling psychrometer.
I dont I use a weather station's readings. But you're obviously a troll. Have a nice day.
__________________
Get pics by Choppapb.com
Only use the best:
Planet Eclipse , Swatpaintball , & Warped Sportz
Jkpz28 is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 08:42 AM #36
Jkpz28
EGO OT's Long Lost Son
 
Jkpz28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The South
Annual Supporting Member
Jkpz28 is a Supporting Member
Beckley, WV 25801
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Average Humidity 65
Mean Temperature 68 F / 20 C
__________________
Get pics by Choppapb.com
Only use the best:
Planet Eclipse , Swatpaintball , & Warped Sportz
Jkpz28 is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 11:17 AM #37
Mr. Stealthy
 
 
Mr. Stealthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by phisighouck View Post
You people really show how intelligent you are by continuing to argue a point that I never disagreed with. Over and over you continue to explain it is for over-boring. I understand that. All I ever said is that here, in my area, shooting the paint I shoot, I can successfully over-bore with a .689 back. I don't know about where you live because I don't consistently play there! All you really ever needed to say is that you need that size to accomplish over-boring. That's it. Instead, you continue to make one comment after another about something I never complained about in the first place. The comments about me shooting crap paint and not being able to understand humidity (I guess now I have a faulty nervous system) were totally unneccessary.
Yeah, I agree, Floridia is going to be humid pretty much year round. However, I guarantee it is just as humid here in June, if not more so. Explain to me, since you all are such mental giants, why even then I still don't need that peice of crap .693 back. Oh, and I'm not the only one that doesn't use it. In fact, you morons are the first I've ever run across that do.
Your rediculous dood. People keep trying to explain stuff to you and you keep getting upset and calling people names like moron. Fact of the matter is, with the average paintball bore size being .688. None of us have argued that 90% of paintballs slide right through a .689 barrel (since your average size is .688). The point we are trying to make is that the .693 gives you protection against the occasional swelled ball, mishaped ball, or slightly damaged ball. If the .689 works for you, fine, keep using it. Don't complain about the .693 and presume that the majority of us don't like it. You can clearly see just from this topics responses that nearly all of us love it.

Lastly, next time you are considering calling someone "unintelligent" or "moron," takes the time to reflect on your own posts and consider the following: Did I present facts in my statement? Have I thoroughly read, analyzed and considered the other persons point of view? Are these people really attacking me or are they simply just expressing there own point of view on a paintball forum? Is my only argument "it works for me, don't tell me, I know how it has works for me, etc."? You get the idea...

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 10-22-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Mr. Stealthy is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 02:42 PM #38
phisighouck
 
 
phisighouck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
phisighouck donated to help Peyton Trent
phisighouck owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
No, because I was attacked. I simply stated that the .693 back was useless to me and I got countless responses ridiculing me for using crap paint. How is that intelligent? It really annoys me when people assume that you must not know what you are talking about because you say something negative about their favorite gun. Only a juvenille would view this as a personal attack.

No I'm not a troll. I have owned several PE markers; love them. I just simply stated that I don't see a value in having a back that size as the primary, stock back. And as for your comments on humidity, I simply don't have the time to fix the damage caused by the years of worthless education you apparently received.
phisighouck is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 02:54 PM #39
an94
Pirate till death
 
an94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern KY
Lucky 15 barrel kit FTW
__________________
!senoj luap
an94 is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 04:42 PM #40
Mr. Stealthy
 
 
Mr. Stealthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by phisighouck View Post
No, because I was attacked. I simply stated that the .693 back was useless to me and I got countless responses ridiculing me for using crap paint. How is that intelligent? It really annoys me when people assume that you must not know what you are talking about because you say something negative about their favorite gun. Only a juvenille would view this as a personal attack.

No I'm not a troll. I have owned several PE markers; love them. I just simply stated that I don't see a value in having a back that size as the primary, stock back. And as for your comments on humidity, I simply don't have the time to fix the damage caused by the years of worthless education you apparently received.
Noeone was attacking you brosef, they were just suggesting that maybe it was your paint. You need to chill out and quit being so sensative, maybe do yoga or something.
Bringing up the quality of the paint to the equation was a logical and intelligent point.

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 10-22-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Mr. Stealthy is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 04:52 PM #41
Jkpz28
EGO OT's Long Lost Son
 
Jkpz28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The South
Annual Supporting Member
Jkpz28 is a Supporting Member
Stealthy you are only feeding the troll, he wants you to respond so this nonsense can go on forever.
__________________
Get pics by Choppapb.com
Only use the best:
Planet Eclipse , Swatpaintball , & Warped Sportz
Jkpz28 is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 06:14 PM #42
bilbo93
word bird.
 
bilbo93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South jersey
Annual Supporting Member
bilbo93 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by phisighouck View Post
I wish PE would stop doing this. I've never bought paint that matched the stock .693 back. Its way too big for any paint I've ever shot and just produces horrible consistancy over the chronograph. It's useless junk. I just don't see the need.
i use a 693 all the time just to be safe. and i would just like to add they dont make the barrel for just you they consider everyone elses conditions also to come out with the best bore size.
bilbo93 is online now  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump